NFL.com: Goff will throw at combine

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
LINK

Which quarterbacks will and won't throw at the NFL Scouting Combine is always a subject of intrigue for the annual event that brings more than 300 of the best NFL draft prospects to Indianapolis for workouts and interviews.

The combine (Feb. 23-29) is still a few weeks away, but there's no longer any suspense with Jared Goff, the former Cal star who has a chance to be the first quarterback chosen in the 2016 NFL Draft.

"I'll do it all. I'll throw, and I'll do it all. I think it's the right thing to do. I've got nothing to hide. (I'll) go out there and have some fun," Goff told ProFootballTalk Live on Wednesday.

Scouts will no doubt appreciate Goff's willingness to show off his arm in the combine environment. Some top quarterbacks won't, preferring instead to throw for scouts at their campus pro-day workouts, with the benefit of a familiar environment and throwing to wide receivers they played with in college.

NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks praised Goff's choice, noting that Cal's pro day would be a second chance to throw if Goff were unhappy with his combine performance.

Other top quarterbacks available in the draft include North Dakota State's Carson Wentz, Memphis' Paxton Lynch, Michigan State's Connor Cook, Penn State's Christian Hackenberg and Ohio State's Cardale Jones. Whether Goff's decision makes any of them more likely to also throw is unclear, but the more quarterbacks who commit to taking part in combine passing drills, the more pressure others feel to do the same.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mentioned this before in another thread, that the competition between the top 3 might lead to one of them throwing down the gauntlet at the Combine...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I bet...Carson Wentz will throw now....and I hope Lynch will throw.

It should make Hogan, Hackenberg, Brissett, and that kid outta Indiana....curious to see how he stacks up...

Cook may still have shoulder issues....If he doesn't throw...It's a stain on his competitive juices...

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I think all of the QBs will throw, there aren't any of these guys that are too good to throw.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I bet...Carson Wentz will throw now....and I hope Lynch will throw.

It should make Hogan, Hackenberg, Brissett, and that kid outta Indiana....curious to see how he stacks up...

Cook may still have shoulder issues....If he doesn't throw...It's a stain on his competitive juices...

I am sure Cook will find a reason to avoid throwing...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good call. Goff doesn't have anything to hide. He's right about that.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Good call. Goff doesn't have anything to hide. He's right about that.
Unfortunately, he won't be able to show his best assets in this arena. I think teams will love that he's putting himself out there to compete though.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Cook doesn't throw I hope that crosses him off everyone's list

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...s-paxton-lynch-jared-goff-carson-wentz-eagles

All quarterbacks scheduled to attend the 2016 NFL Combine will be participating in throwing drills, according to a report from NFL insider Charles Robinson. This list includes the big three quarterbacks in this class: Carson Wentz of North Dakota, Jared Goff of Cal, and Paxton Lynch of Memphis. Michigan State's Connor Cook, who declined to attend the 2016 Senior Bowl, will be there as well.

Why is it significant that these players are throwing? Well, in years past, some quarterbacks have skipped out on doing it. Teddy Bridgewater and Johnny Manziel notably opted against throwing in 2014. They may have feared throwing could have hurt their draft stock. Coincidentally or not, they both fell to the bottom of the first round.

The Eagles are seemingly in the market for a young quarterback based on recent comments made by head coach Doug Pederson. Now the team will get a closer looker at these prospects during the NFL Combine. The Eagles already have plenty of game tape to evaluate these quarterbacks, but it can't hurt for them to get an extra firsthand look.

The 2016 NFL Combine begins next week on Tuesday, Feb. 23. Quarterbacks are set to do on-field workouts on Saturday, Feb. 27.

Click here for a complete list of 2016 NFL Combine invitees. All the quarterbacks have been listed below.

Quarterbacks
Vernon Adams, Oregon
Brandon Allen, Arkansas
Trevone Boykin, TCU
Jacoby Brissett, NC State
Connor Cook, Michigan State
Brandon Doughty, Western Kentucky
Jeff Driskel, Louisiana Tech
Jared Goff, Cal
Christian Hackenberg, Penn State
Kevin Hogan, Stanford
Cardale Jones, Ohio State