NFL changes uniform policy to allow teams to use third helmet during season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ROD-BOT

News Feeder

View: https://x.com/profootballtalk/status/1778179269388083677?s=61&t=lgp1gRmUcyNSF5v7CIHwMg

NFL changes uniform policy to allow teams to use third helmet during season​

The NFL tweaked its uniform policy to allow teams to wear alternate helmets starting in 2022 and the policy has changed again.

The league announced that teams will be able to add a third helmet to their uniform choices in 2025. Teams re-designing their uniforms for the 2024 season had been offered the option that has now been extended to all 32 teams.

Teams that want to do so must inform the league of their intent to do so by May 1, 2025. Twenty teams used alternate helmets during the 2023 season.

Any third helmet design will not be able to be worn with the team’s regular uniforms. As with the second helmets, they can only be paired with classic, alternate, or color rush uniforms.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wish the Rams would add the old solid horn to their throwback blue and yellows.

I’m actually a basic 70’s(60’s) type of jersey guy.Sort of like maybe bringing back a little black & white classic TV movie.

The basic blue jerseys not like the whites. You know I could go back
& picture a couple of visions of Ram memorabilia I had growing up.They’d be Kool today ?

Funny to think what Kevin Demoff’s vision is as he builds RAMLAND ?? In less than 5 years there will not be UCI, That’s if we are lucky ? You’re going to have to go down the 605(91,105 or 5) to go 405 or whatever gets you to that 101. Could even go 10 to 1 to whatever takes you to Westlake ?? On a Friday your talking 2 1/2 hours easily.

Now you know why AD99 retired.He wants out of The Rat Race.Ratboy prepared against him like no other.Anyway brings up Merlin Olson for some reason back in the start of the Super Bowl NFL era ?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
That trip to Rams TC, maybe once or twice I go. The traffic is horrible. Have to take the .357mag to deal with road-ragers

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
My prediction

Kevin Demoff

We don't see the need for a alternate helmet at this time

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Jack Youngblood, Eric Dickerson 99 Rams helmets please !

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A modern blue with white horn helmet feels like the option we could see?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This’d make for a nice alt logo on a Rams helmet
IMG_1690.jpeg

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Not a fan of the black uniforms. Any black uniforms for that matter. It’s old and tired and everyone has one.

But the alternate helmet looks pretty badass.

RDNXSEZ67ZEMNONAHQKQKPUHRM.png
big high five for anyone against the black jersey trend. Only the Raiders, Steelers, Saints and a couple other teams who had it on their original colors should have the privilege.

I much prefer one home one away and 1 helmet exactly what drew me into the NFL... but greed wins I guess.