NFL Arrests and Lawsuits - 2018

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Statement by the Whiners brass today. Farr be it for me to translate...

“The 49ers organization is aware of today’s disturbing charges regarding Reuben Foster. (OK. so the charges are disturbing. NOT the behavior that brought on the charges. Got it.) We will continue to follow this serious matter. (Because that's what beta males do. We follow, test the direction of the wind to see what we can get away with. Alpha males lead. That's scary) Reuben is aware that his place in our organization is under great scrutiny (by society. Not by the Forty Niner organization.) and will depend on what is learned through the legal process. (...and will depend on whether this whole nightmare blows over)

By the way, it is hilarious to see all the hand-wringing, and :headexplosion: grinding of teeth, by the same fans over at NN, that just weeks ago were pontificating about their high character Whiners, and how the Rams locker room was going to implode this year, with all of our "low character" acquisitions. :LOL:

Suck it soy boys!!:baghead:

:redcard::help:
This is the Foster that was going to stop Gurley?
Turns out he can only beat girls.
I don't pontificate about any locker room. You've got about 70 guys a team has to try and manage. All different back grounds, ages, levels of wealth, interests etc. To think any locker room is totally clean and even that everyone gets along is silly.
I don't ever say it....but, I will make an exception in the case of the Whiners.....at least we're not those guys.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/14/aldon-smith-transferred-to-a-substance-abuse-center/

Aldon Smith transferred to a substance-abuse center
Posted by Mike Florio on April 14, 2018

gettyimages-491913854-e1523739795459.jpg

Getty Images

After showing up at the sheriff’s department with a blood-alcohol concentration of 0.40 percent, former NFL linebacker Aldon Smith is getting the help he obviously needs.

Via the Bay Area News Group, Smith has been transferred to an in-patient substance-abuse center. He’s due to return to court on May 3.

Smith faces a variety of charges, which began with an alleged incident of domestic violence that occurred on March 3. He thereafter allegedly violated a court order to stay away from the alleged victim, and he then failed to appear in court. Then came the ridiculously high BAC reading, which resulted in Smith being jailed on $500,0000 bail.

The seventh overall pick in the 2011 draft, Smith played for the 49ers and Raiders. The league suspended him multiple times, most recently in November 2015. He hasn’t played in the NFL since then.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If they have to release Foster that would be two first round picks in 6 years that turned out to be bad apples to the point they had to release them. The whiners sure know how to pick em. :mrburnsevil:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...th-dui-disorderly-conduct-and-other-offenses/

Daryl Worley charged with DUI, disorderly conduct and other offenses
Posted by Josh Alper on April 16, 2018

gettyimages-8895519821-e1523892867398.jpg

Getty Images

Philadelphia police announced a slew of charges stemming from the arrest of former Eagles cornerback Daryl Worley on Sunday morning.

Worley was found passed out in a car outside the team’s practice facility early on Sunday and police used a taser to subdue Worley while placing him under arrest.

Worley has been charged with driving under the influence, disorderly conduct, a violation of the uniform firearms code and related offenses as a result of the incident. Per Philly.com, the charging document lists resisting arrest and “possession of an instrument of crime with intent” among those other offenses.

The Eagles released Worley, who had been acquired from the Panthers in a trade sending wide receiver Torrey Smith to Carolina, later in the day.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think some of you might be underestimating these charges and their impact on his nfl career. No other player has had these kind of charges against them. I have a hard time seeing him playing again even if he gets off easy on the charges.

Yeah I agree he may have just ended his career.

What GM or owner wants to justify to a very large portion of his fanbase, meaning women, that he signed a guy like that. And that's not to mention most men don't want to see their team sign a guy like that. There are still some meatheads that won't care, but the LARGE majority DO.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/18/monty-grow-gets-nearly-22-year-prison-sentence/

Monty Grow gets nearly 22-year prison sentence
Posted by Charean Williams on April 18, 2018

Former NFL player Monty Grow was sentenced to nearly 22 years in prison and ordered to pay about $18 million in restitution for a health care fraud scheme, the Associated Press reports.

The conspiracy fraudulently bilked the federal government out of about $20 million from a program providing health care for military members, veterans and their families.

Grow, 46, was convicted earlier this year.

Shane Matthews earlier pleaded guilty to one count of causing a drug to be misbranded and was sentenced to three months in prison.

Grow played two NFL seasons as a defensive back with the Jaguars and Chiefs, while Matthews played quarterback for Chicago, Carolina, Washington, Cincinnati, Buffalo and Miami.

Matthews and Grow were teammates at Florida in the early 1990s.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
4.0 bullcrap, he'd be dead

Not necessarily, if he is an alcoholic it is very possible he was functioning fine and without a test very few people would think he was drunk. And based upon the evidence of his past I would say he is most likely an alcoholic.

my reply was based on 0.40, yes 4.0 would be dead even if the person was an alcoholic

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Wow! Smith would have to drink somewhere around 30 shots in half an hour to hit an alcohol level that high. Something is not right in his life.

2490896_14005572_pm_zps33cgsdrz.jpg

He was probably pacing himself, I bet he could have done 45 in 30 minutes if he tried.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
David Irving in trouble. First his now ex GF got ahold of his cell phone/twitter account and posted a lot of cryptic messages now this.

View: https://twitter.com/jobinpnews/status/988495625716207616

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/23/david-irvings-girlfriend-retracts-allegations/

David Irving’s girlfriend retracts allegations
Posted by Charean Williams on April 23, 2018

615060390-e1507073051761.jpg

Getty Images

David Irving‘s girlfriend, Angela Sanchez, has retracted claims of domestic abuse. Frisco (Texas) police began investigating Sanchez’s allegations after she called them twice Sunday night.

Sanchez said in a statement she lied to police because she was “emotional and upset.”

“On April 22nd, the father of my child and my current boyfriend had a vocal argument that spilled out into our front yard,” Sanchez said, via the Dallas Morning News. “My neighbors were concerned and called 911. I was very upset and made some allegations that were false at the time due to our vocal argument and my emotional state. I had no intentions of getting David into trouble.

I was just very emotional and upset. I would like to be clear, although our relationship is not perfect, we love one another and David not not put his hands on me at any time. I’m deeply sorry this has caused both of us so much unwanted and undue attention. David is a great father and our focus is working on our relationship and raising our beautiful daughter.”

Irving, a Cowboys defensive lineman, denied on social media that he had done anything wrong.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/23/david-irvings-girlfriend-retracts-allegations/

Getty Images

David Irving‘s girlfriend, Angela Sanchez, has retracted claims of domestic abuse. Frisco (Texas) police began investigating Sanchez’s allegations after she called them twice Sunday night.

Sanchez said in a statement she lied to police because she was “emotional and upset.”

“On April 22nd, the father of my child and my current boyfriend had a vocal argument that spilled out into our front yard,” Sanchez said, via the Dallas Morning News. “My neighbors were concerned and called 911. I was very upset and made some allegations that were false at the time due to our vocal argument and my emotional state. I had no intentions of getting David into trouble.

I was just very emotional and upset. I would like to be clear, although our relationship is not perfect, we love one another and David not not put his hands on me at any time. I’m deeply sorry this has caused both of us so much unwanted and undue attention. David is a great father and our focus is working on our relationship and raising our beautiful daughter.”

Irving, a Cowboys defensive lineman, denied on social media that he had done anything wrong.

Crazy women! Just goes back to that old saying, don't stick it in crazy.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Getty Images

Bitches like her make the survivors of domestic abuse look bad. As a woman, it makes me angry that she made those allegations.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bitches like her make the survivors of domestic abuse look bad. As a woman, it makes me angry that she made those allegations.

Cool your jets, my friend. She might be a domestic violence survivor. It is cyclical.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Cool your jets, my friend. She might be a domestic violence survivor. It is cyclical.

She very well could be, but making false allegations, as she's claimed she did, that could destroy someone's life makes me angry.

Look at Brandon Banks. Steven Jackson had false allegations against him. And also look at the countless women - and men - who have undergone domestic violence and are shamed into silence either because their partner wants them silenced or because people won't believe them and brand them liars.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
She very well could be, but making false allegations, as she's claimed she did, that could destroy someone's life makes me angry.

Look at Brandon Banks. Steven Jackson had false allegations against him. And also look at the countless women - and men - who have undergone domestic violence and are shamed into silence either because their partner wants them silenced or because people won't believe them and brand them liars.

I can tell you from friends who prosecute DV cases, it is not abnormal for the woman to recant. The boyfriend or husband says he's sorry and tells her it won't happen again (of course, it will). She falls for it, she refuses to move the case forward, and the prosecutors are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Let the process shake out.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I'm posting this only because it's a former 49ers, Bucs, and St.Louis Cardinals player and it made me laugh. :)
*********************************************************************************
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...-accused-of-taking-warriors-officials-jacket/

KGO-TV Reporter Accused Of Taking Warriors Official’s Jacket

(KPIX 5) — A Bay Area sports anchor is in hot water after he allegedly took a jacket belonging to a Golden State Warriors security official.

In a surveillance video from AT&T Center in San Antonio, a man in red is seen taking a jacket from a chair following a Warriors floor practice session last Thursday.

The man then walks out from the arena floor.

Warriors had a playoff game that night against the Spurs.

The man in the video is reportedly Mike Shumann, a former player for the San Francisco 49ers and a longtime anchor and reporter for KGO-TV in San Francisco.

The Athletic web site reported the jacket belongs to Ralph Walker, the Warriors head of security and Stephen Curry’s personal bodyguard.

KGO called Shumann home after it learned of the incident, according to The Athletic. He was not part of the station’s postgame coverage.

The station told The Athletic: “We are taking these allegations very seriously and conducting a full investigation. As a matter of policy, we do not comment about personnel matters.”