NFL Arrests and Lawsuits - 2018

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Habitual cheater and creepy peter king muse tom Brady has reportedly stolen this years MVP award. The so called pro football writers are wanted as accomplises and for psyciatric evaluation. If you see any of these writers, or peter king, tell them you are to drive them to toms house for a special intimate dinner. Then as they are making themselves presentable for dinner, drive them to the nearest police station or sports bar outside of the Boston area for immediate punishment.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Honestly, why are we wasting money arresting these guys for freaking weed?
$$$$$$$

The system is about restricting rights of a few...to enhance the businesses of others....

Weed was legalized to create revenue....one is through taxation....another is through prosecution....

The more things change...the more they are the same....

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The system is about restricting rights of a few...to enhance the businesses of others....

Federal law generally only prosecutes individuals such as high profile growers and dealers and rarely intervenes in simple possession cases. Each state decides how to deal with those types of cases. If someone is reckless enough to get caught with marijuana in a state that still prohibits it, then that's on them.

The War on Drugs, while well-meaning, was a disaster. That's why some states have begun to legislate in favor of allowing marijuana for medicinal purposes and for individual use in small amounts. And yes, as in all things, follow the money trail as well.

nighttrain

Legend
as a student of history i always think back upon prohibition, and how that worked out so well, hahahahhhaha
:mrburnsevil:
train

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/19/robby-anderson-arrested-in-florida/

Robby Anderson arrested in Florida
Posted by Josh Alper on January 19, 2018

869596296-e1516384711370.jpg

Getty Images

Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson has been arrested in Florida for the second straight offseason.

Andy Slater of WINZ reported that Anderson was arrested early on Friday morning in South Florida. The Broward County Sheriff’s Office has posted a long list of charges against Anderson.

Anderson is charged with resisting an officer, harming a public servant/family, eluding a law enforcement officer with sirens on, reckless driving and several other driving violations that include speeding and running a red light. No other details of the arrest are available at present.

Anderson was arrested last year and charged with resisting arrest and obstruction of justice after an incident at a concert. That case has not been resolved.

Anderson was the Jets’ leading receiver in 2017, catching 63 passes for 941 yards and seven touchdowns.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eges-robby-anderson-threatened-officers-wife/

Police report alleges Robby Anderson threatened officer’s wife

Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson was arrestedon nine charges early Friday morning in Florida and a full police report from the Sunrise Police Department sheds light on the events leading to Anderson being taken into custody.

The arresting officer reports that he clocked Anderson going 105 mph in a 45 mph zone while running two red lights and swerving “all over the roadway.” That accounts for several of the charges against Anderson, including a felony count of eluding police with lights and sirens on.

Anderson also faces a felony count of threatening a public servant or family member. The police report, which was obtained by NJ.com, alleges Anderson told the arresting officer that he would find his wife “f— her and n– in her eye” along with other threats against the officer’s family. Anderson also allegedly told the officer how much money he has and said that the officer was trying to “ruin his fun.”

Anderson was also arrested last spring and that case is still pending. He could face discipline under the NFL Personal Conduct Policy in both cases.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Saw that with Anderson, classy individual.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/19/robby-anderson-arrested-in-florida/

Getty Images

Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson has been arrested in Florida for the second straight offseason.

Andy Slater of WINZ reported that Anderson was arrested early on Friday morning in South Florida. The Broward County Sheriff’s Office has posted a long list of charges against Anderson.

Anderson is charged with resisting an officer, harming a public servant/family, eluding a law enforcement officer with sirens on, reckless driving and several other driving violations that include speeding and running a red light. No other details of the arrest are available at present.

Anderson was arrested last year and charged with resisting arrest and obstruction of justice after an incident at a concert. That case has not been resolved.

Anderson was the Jets’ leading receiver in 2017, catching 63 passes for 941 yards and seven touchdowns.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eges-robby-anderson-threatened-officers-wife/

Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson was arrestedon nine charges early Friday morning in Florida and a full police report from the Sunrise Police Department sheds light on the events leading to Anderson being taken into custody.

The arresting officer reports that he clocked Anderson going 105 mph in a 45 mph zone while running two red lights and swerving “all over the roadway.” That accounts for several of the charges against Anderson, including a felony count of eluding police with lights and sirens on.

Anderson also faces a felony count of threatening a public servant or family member. The police report, which was obtained by NJ.com, alleges Anderson told the arresting officer that he would find his wife “f— her and n– in her eye” along with other threats against the officer’s family. Anderson also allegedly told the officer how much money he has and said that the officer was trying to “ruin his fun.”

Anderson was also arrested last spring and that case is still pending. He could face discipline under the NFL Personal Conduct Policy in both cases.

Throw the book at him. Both the NFL and the law.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If someone is reckless enough to get caught with marijuana in a state that still prohibits it, then that's on them.
hmmm....in a country where a certain population is pulled over, and searched an inordinate amount of the time...seems to me that some would be caught being reckless more than others....and there my friend, is where the problem lies....
Anderson also faces a felony count of threatening a public servant or family member. The police report, which was obtained by NJ.com, alleges Anderson told the arresting officer that he would find his wife “f— her and n– in her eye” along with other threats against the officer’s family.
I've said similar things when pulled over....charged with terrorist threats too....learned a tough lesson.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
hmmm....in a country where a certain population is pulled over, and searched an inordinate amount of the time...seems to me that some would be caught being reckless more than others....and there my friend, is where the problem lies....

Don't go there. Myself and plenty of others here have been pulled over by cops for all sorts of different reasons. I've been manhandled by cops on several occasions and I'm Johnny Winter white.

Driving to a concert in San Francisco one night with three friends in a blue Valiant, we were pulled over by 4 undercover cops and held at gunpoint because we fit the profile of 4 lowlife's that had robbed a bank that day.

Driving to a class at San Jose State one morning I was pulled over and searched because I was smoking a Tijuana Small, which is a small cigar, and had long hair.

I could go on with a list of more of these "unfair" incidents but hopefully you get the point.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Don't go there. Myself and plenty of others here have been pulled over by cops for all sorts of different reasons. I've been manhandled by cops on several occasions and I'm Johnny Winter white.

Driving to a concert in San Francisco one night with three friends in a blue Valiant, we were pulled over by 4 undercover cops and held at gunpoint because we fit the profile of 4 lowlife's that had robbed a bank that day.

Driving to a class at San Jose State one morning I was pulled over and searched because I was smoking a Tijuana Small, which is a small cigar, and had long hair.

I could go on with a list of more of these "unfair" incidents but hopefully you get the point.

About ten years ago, my wife who is as middle class white looking as it gets, got pulled over one night half a block from our house. The cops harassed her and said they wanted to search the car for drugs and weapons. I noticed it from my window and walked over there. I told them to go ahead and search but only if I could record it. They changed their minds and left. We assume it was because they followed her from our son's apartment. He moved in with a girlfriend who lived in a gang infested apartment complex. But it shows anyone can be pulled over for perception.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've said similar things when pulled over....charged with terrorist threats too....learned a tough lesson.

did you miss the part where he was clocked doing 105mph in a 45mph zone and running two red lights?

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame

Getty Images

Poor sweet Robby has grown tired of the doldrums of NFL life and has taken bold steps toward signing a free agent contract with the team that wears orange jump suits.

Maybe this post belongs in the Dumbass of the day thread.

You’re right Champ. Certain populations are targeted. Speeders. And those that think they are Captain Invisable. Not subject to obeying the law.

There is a new hubris that does not serve these young princes well. (Of any color) they seem to be shocked when the law actually applies to them. Then crap gets real.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

We should have a contest to see who's been arrested more.
I clocked in at 5 times by the time I was 20, then once more when I was 30. Whatchu got?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I clocked in at 5 times by the time I was 20, then once more when I was 30. Whatchu got?

From 75 to 80 I lived with blackouts triggered by massive alcohol consumption which burned out my liver and caused cirrhosis. My skin and eyes turned yellow. The reason I mention this is because it was the major cause of my arrests. My fault, no one else's.

There's much I don't remember from that time period except the extreme cases, so I don't have an exact number of arrests, but it is interesting to note that once I totally quit drugs and alcohol and quit running around with out-of-control people that the arrests ceased. Hmm.. I wonder if there is a correlation?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have gotten drunk and thought some bad thoughts that should have landed me in Sing Sing! X and Prime Time, you guys are small timers, metaphysically speaking....
XWDJYw7.png

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
From 75 to 80 I lived with blackouts triggered by massive alcohol consumption which burned out my liver and caused cirrhosis. My skin and eyes turned yellow. The reason I mention this is because it was the major cause of my arrests. My fault, no one else's.

There's much I don't remember from that time period except the extreme cases, so I don't have an exact number of arrests, but it is interesting to note that once I totally quit drugs and alcohol and quit running around with out-of-control people that the arrests ceased. Hmm.. I wonder if there is a correlation?

I have had similar results after I stopped drinking and using drugs, some coincidence huh? I went from 89 till 2004 in and out of trouble while intoxicated. I probably owe the state of CA for atleast 4000 DUIs I never got.

nighttrain

Legend
arrested for three felonies, filed bankruptcy, and divorced, all before i reached twenty-one
THAT was a damned fine year:rimshot:
train
ps then i started to drink,wild times

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
arrested for three felonies, filed bankruptcy, and divorced, all before i reached twenty-one
THAT was a damned fine year:rimshot:
train
ps then i started to drink,wild times

Hold my root beer...two divorces before I turned 26. Next...:sneaky:

While I'm saddened that so many affiliated with the NFL end up on threads like this, I'm in no position to pass judgment due to a personal understanding of how life can quickly spiral out of control when one is young. However once someone reaches their 40's and they're still pursuing that type of lifestyle then I'm baffled that they haven't learned a damn thing.

A tip of the cap to all ROD members who have been through the storms of life and managed to right the ship.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

How about a contest for being around trouble most of my life and never spending a single minute in a jail or prison ? Not even arrested. :neener: