NFL Arrests and Lawsuits - 2018

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Let's hope no one associated with the Rams, present or past, has to be included in this thread.
******************************************************************************************
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/03/t-j-ward-arrested-for-marijuana-possession/

T.J. Ward arrested for marijuana possession
Posted by Josh Alper on January 3, 2018

T.J. Ward has kicked off the new year with an arrest.

Ward was arrested in Tampa on Wednesday morning for possession of cannabis and possession of drug paraphernalia. Per the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office, he did not occupy a jail cell and was released a few hours later after posting a bond of $2,500.

Ward is set to become a free agent in March after playing out the one-year deal he signed with the Buccaneers following his release by the Broncos last summer. He appeared in 12 games for the Bucs and played just over 38 percent of the team’s snaps in a role that didn’t always put a smile on his face.

Wednesday’s arrest could leave Ward at risk of league discipline, which will join his rising age and diminished production as hurdles to overcome when it comes to landing a job for the 2018 season.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/10/jets-corner-rashard-robinson-arrested-for-pot-candy/

Jets corner Rashard Robinson arrested for pot candy
Posted by Darin Gantt on January 10, 2018

865145118.jpg

Getty Images

Jets coach Todd Bowles was surprised when the team traded for cornerback Rashard Robinson in October.

So imagine his reaction upon learning Robinson was arrested for edible marijuana possession.

Via Darryl Slater of NJ.com, Robinson was arrested in December for possessing marijuana-laced candy after he was pulled over for careless driving. According to the police report, his car smelled like marijuana at the time.

“This is a pending legal matter, and we will not have any comment,” a Jets spokesman said.

The Jets acquired the former fourth-round pick from the 49ers in October, in exchange for a fifth-round pick. He played just 20 snaps with the Jets after the deal, and was inactive for the final two games of the season.

He was no stranger to trouble during his time at LSU, when he was suspended for failing a drug test and bad grades. He was also arrested in June 2015 for unauthorized entry into a teammate’s apartment, and didn’t return to the program.

Now he’s subject to possible punishment from the league for a violating of the substance abuse policy.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
T.J. McDonald had his dui probation revoked for failure to meet community service hrs and compelete an AA class. Looking at jail time now.

Psycho_X

Legend
Doubt he gets jail time unless he gets a real dick of a judge. But still... this may have been Les Snead when trying to decide what to do with TJ McDonald last offseason?
giphy.gif

Psycho_X

Legend

Er, well then he tweeted this so not sure what is up with this story.

Last edited:

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Well, some things never change.

Wagoner’s still an idiot.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Man, just when I thought TJ might make for a sensible reserve SS on our squad.

Psycho_X

Legend
Reuben Foster proving that red flags during draft research are worth worrying about.

Also, my fingers are too fat to not hit the "different opinion" button instead of like when looking on my phone. Done that to about four people this week lol.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Also, my fingers are too fat to not hit the "different opinion" button instead of like when looking on my phone. Done that to about four people this week lol.

Each time I see that I figure it was by mistake because how could anyone have a different opinion than me? Now when they hit the "chill" button during one of my rants, I get that.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Honestly, why are we wasting money arresting these guys for freaking weed?

This is one area I have come full circle on, some would debate it leads to harder substances, but cigarettes can lead to harder substances....I do believe it should be legalized and taxed accordingly so I can derive some benefit from something I never tried the tax dollars.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-henderson-arrested-for-marijuana-possession/

Broncos WR Carlos Henderson arrested for marijuana possession
Posted by Josh Alper on January 15, 2018

829688576-e1516021227337.jpg

Getty Images

Broncos wide receiver Carlos Henderson spent his entire rookie season on injured reserve with a thumb injury and his first full offseason in the NFL is off to a bad start as well.

Henderson was arrested for possession of a controlled substance in Louisiana on Sunday. Henderson was a passenger in a car pulled over for speeding and marijuana was found during a search of the car after a police officer smelled the drug.

According to court documents obtained by KNOE, police officers observed a “thick green residue” in Henderson’s mouth. Henderson, who has been bonded out of jail, denied eating any marijuana, but reportedly told officers that he had smoked earlier in the day.

The Broncos released a statement saying they are aware of the arrest and gathering more information.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Somebody needs to remind these Broncos players to stay in Colorado if they're going to indulge.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/15/jeremy-lane-arrested-for-dui/

Jeremy Lane arrested for DUI
Posted by Josh Alper on January 15, 2018

876858168-e1516037516780.jpg

Getty Images

The Seahawks aren’t in the playoffs this year, which left their players to find other ways to occupy their time over the weekend.

Cornerback Jeremy Lane‘s choice of activities was apparently the wrong one. According to multiple reports, Lane was arrested early on Sunday morning for driving under the influence.

King County, Washington records show that Lane was booked at 5:30 a.m. ET and released later in the day. There’s no word on future court appearances.

Lane joined the Seahawks as a sixth-round pick in 2012 and has been a regular in the lineup when healthy over the last six seasons. He was originally included in last year’s trade for left tackle Duane Brown, but returned to Seattle after he failed a physical in Houston.

Lane is signed for two more years and has a non-guaranteed salary of $6 million each year. That made him a potential cap casualty this offseason and Sunday’s arrest probably won’t do much to help his chances of sticking around.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-lane-admitted-smoking-pot-before-dui-arrest/

Police say Jeremy Lane admitted smoking pot before DUI arrest
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 16, 2018

876863742-e1516143869569.jpg

Getty Images

Seahawks cornerback Jeremy Lane complained on Twitter after his recent arrest for driving under the influence, saying that his breathalyzer result showed his blood-alcohol level was 0.03. But alcohol was not the only substance police say Lane was under the influence of.

The police report says Lane’s car smelled of marijuana and Lane admitted he had been smoking marijuana three hours before he was pulled over, according to TMZ.

“This time I was more high than anything,” Lane said, according to TMZ.

Although marijuana is legal in Washington State, driving under the influence of marijuana is illegal. Washington law makes clear that a driver can be arrested for DUI if “He or she is found to be driving a vehicle under the influence or affected by alcohol, any drug, or a combination of alcohol and drugs, regardless of the concentration of alcohol in their breath or blood.”

Lane faces a potential suspension from the NFL for the arrest. He may also be released by the Seahawks, who tried to trade him during the season.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ick-ward-accused-of-threatening-to-kill-wife/

Former Giant Derrick Ward accused of threatening to kill wife
Posted by Darin Gantt on January 19, 2018

124403502-e1516364882669.jpg

Getty Images

Former Giant Derrick Ward has been accused to assaulting his wife and threatening to kill her, according to a report from TMZ.

Naomi Lee Allen-Ward has reportedly filed a restraining order against the former NFL running back, citing physical, verbal, and emotional abuse.

The documents outline allegations of threats, but said the physical outbursts have become more common over the last year. Allen-Ward claimed he “shoves her, punches walls, breaks objects,” and will do so in front of their children.

The restraining order requires him to stay 100 yards away from her or their children.

Ward was a part of the Giants Super Bowl XLII championship team, and played five seasons with the Giants. He also spent time with the Jets, Buccaneers and Texans.