NFL Arrests and lawsuits - 2017

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...winston-for-allegedly-groping-an-uber-driver/

NFL investigating Jameis Winston for allegedly groping an Uber driver
Posted by Josh Alper on November 17, 2017

873351112-e1510939215777.jpg

Getty Images

An allegation that Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston groped an Uber driver in March 2016 is under review by the NFL.

Talal Ansari of BuzzFeed News reported on Friday that the driver received a letter from NFL special counsel for investigations Lisa Friel informing her that the league has heard about the allegations and “opened an investigation into this matter.” A spokesperson for the NFL told PFT on Friday that the matter is under review and that the NFL has reached out to Uber to request any information they may have.

The driver, identified only as Kate, says that she picked up Winston around 2 a.m. on Sunday, March 13 in Scottsdale, Arizona and that Winston sat in the front passenger seat next to her. She says Winston asked to get food at a drive-thru restaurant and, per the driver, Winston “reached over and he just grabbed my crotch” while they were waiting for it to be delivered. She claims Winston held his hand there for three to five seconds.

She reported the incident to Uber, but told Ansari she did not go to police because she was afraid of negative backlash if she went that route. In a statement to BuzzFeed News, a spokesperson for Uber said “the rider was permanently removed from the app shortly after we learned of the incident.”

Russ Spielman, one of Winston’s agents, said that a call from BuzzFeed News was the first he’d heard about the allegations and didn’t have any other comment. BuzzFeed News Deputy News Director Tom Namako later posted a statement from Winston’s representatives on Twitter.

“We categorically deny this allegation. It is our understanding the uber driver was unable to identify the specific individual who allegedly touched this driver … The only reason his name is being dragged in to this is that his uber account was used to call the ride.”

Buccaneers coach Dirk Koetter said on Friday, via Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times, the team will issue a statement on the matter.

This is not the first time that Winston has been accused of sexual impropriety. In 2016, he settled a civil suit filed by a woman who accused him of raping her in 2012 while he was at Florida State. He was never charged with a crime by Tallahassee, Florida police in that matter.

c0114fca9431bf16d8b3a192bcdfad20.gif

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...winston-for-allegedly-groping-an-uber-driver/

NFL investigating Jameis Winston for allegedly groping an Uber driver

873351112-e1510939215777.jpg

Getty Images

An allegation that Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston groped an Uber driver in March 2016 is under review by the NFL.

Talal Ansari of BuzzFeed News reported on Friday that the driver received a letter from NFL special counsel for investigations Lisa Friel informing her that the league has heard about the allegations and “opened an investigation into this matter.” A spokesperson for the NFL told PFT on Friday that the matter is under review and that the NFL has reached out to Uber to request any information they may have.

The driver, identified only as Kate, says that she picked up Winston around 2 a.m. on Sunday, March 13 in Scottsdale, Arizona and that Winston sat in the front passenger seat next to her. She says Winston asked to get food at a drive-thru restaurant and, per the driver, Winston “reached over and he just grabbed my crotch” while they were waiting for it to be delivered. She claims Winston held his hand there for three to five seconds.

She reported the incident to Uber, but told Ansari she did not go to police because she was afraid of negative backlash if she went that route. In a statement to BuzzFeed News, a spokesperson for Uber said “the rider was permanently removed from the app shortly after we learned of the incident.”

Russ Spielman, one of Winston’s agents, said that a call from BuzzFeed News was the first he’d heard about the allegations and didn’t have any other comment. BuzzFeed News Deputy News Director Tom Namako later posted a statement from Winston’s representatives on Twitter.

“We categorically deny this allegation. It is our understanding the uber driver was unable to identify the specific individual who allegedly touched this driver … The only reason his name is being dragged in to this is that his uber account was used to call the ride.”

Buccaneers coach Dirk Koetter said on Friday, via Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times, the team will issue a statement on the matter.

This is not the first time that Winston has been accused of sexual impropriety. In 2016, he settled a civil suit filed by a woman who accused him of raping her in 2012 while he was at Florida State. He was never charged with a crime by Tallahassee, Florida police in that matter.

This is obviously bullshit...I have it on good authority (a second cousin's friend of a fifth-grade student of a niece of the sister-in-law of a former neighbor of a friend of Adam Scheffter's pool man), that Jameis simply got momentarily confused and mistook the Uber driver's legs for crab legs and was just checking for freshness...Geez stuff can get so easily misconstrued, can't it ???

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/17/jameis-winston-the-accusations-against-me-are-false/

Jameis Winston: The accusations against me are false

Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston has released a statement in response to allegations that he groped a female Uber driver during a ride in Scottsdale, Arizona in March 2016.

In the report by BuzzFeed News, Winston is accused of grabbing the driver’s crotch while waiting for food at a drive-thru restaurant. Winston denied that accusation in a statement posted to social media on Friday afternoon.

“A news organization has published a story about me regarding an alleged incident involving a female Uber driver from approximately two years ago. The story falsely accuses me of making inappropriate contact with this driver. I believe the driver was confused as to the number of passengers in the car and who was sitting next to her.

The accusation is false, and given the nature of the allegation and increased awareness and consideration of these types of matters, I am addressing this false report immediately. At the time of the alleged incident, I denied the allegations to Uber, yet they still decided to suspend my account.

I am supportive of the national movement to raise awareness and develop better responses to the concerns of parties who find themselves in these types of situations, but this accusation is false. While I am certain that I did not make any inappropriate contact, I don’t want to engage in a battle with the driver and I regret if my demeanor or presence made her uncomfortable in any way.”

In the account provided to BuzzFeed News, the driver, identified only as Kate, said that Winston was the only passenger in the car during the ride in question.

NFL spokesperson Brian McCarthy said earlier on Friday that the matter is under review and that the league has reached out to Uber for any information they may have. The Buccaneers also released a statement saying they “take these matters seriously and are fully supportive of the investigation that is being conducted by the NFL.”

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
From what I've heard.....

who grabs another woman's pussy...for at least :30 seconds...against her will....and isn't arrested THAT DAY or NIGHT?

Just like the Zeke Elliot charges.....doesn't "sound" believable....

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-sp-rams-westbrooks-20171116-story.html

Rams' Ethan Westbrooks scheduled to be arraigned on misdemeanor charge from September arrest

750x422

Rams defensive lineman Ethan Westbrooks, who was arrested in September after a gun was found in the car he was driving near Bakersfield, was charged with one misdemeanor count of carrying a loaded firearm and is scheduled to be arraigned Friday, the Kern County district attorney’s office said.

Westbrooks, 26, was initially stopped for speeding on Interstate 5 in Kern County. He was arrested on suspicion of receiving stolen property, carrying a loaded firearm, carrying a stolen loaded firearm, grand theft of a firearm and possession of a high-capacity magazine.

Westbrooks was released after posting bail and rejoined the team.

Coach Sean McVay said at the time the Rams were supporting Westbrooks.

“Sometimes there are things that we can control, and sometimes you get caught up in bad situations,” McVay said in September. “As we continue to gather more information on that based on what we’ve talked about with Ethan in house, we are supporting him.

“But until we get everything finalized in terms of exactly what the ruling is, what exactly went down — I trust Ethan.”

Westbrooks has played in every game, starting the opener against the Indianapolis Coltsand last week’s victory over the Houston Texans. He has two sacks.

The Rams play the Minnesota Viking on Sunday at Minneapolis.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/18/16673868/rey-maualuga-miami-dolphins-released-arrest

Dolphins waive LB Rey Maualuga after late night arrest

Rey Maualuga’s time with the Miami Dolphins ended after he appeared in only six games, as Pro Football Talk reports the team has waived the linebacker following an arrest late Friday night.

The arrest was reportedly for battery and Maualuga was still in jail at the time of his release from the team.

View: https://twitter.com/AndySlater/status/931966273684164614

Maualuga, 30, spent the first eight seasons of his NFL career with the Cincinnati Bengals after he was picked in the second round of the 2009 NFL Draft. While he signed a one-year, $980,000 contract with the Dolphins he appeared in only six games and started just four after struggling with a hamstring injury in the first month of the season.

What does this mean for the Dolphins? Miami recently pieced together a new linebacking corps with Kiko Alonso, Lawrence Timmons and Maualuga, but it hasn’t worked out well for the team. None have made a significant impact for Miami and Timmons’ season began with him going AWOL before the Dolphins’ first game.

That means the loss of Maualuga probably won’t affect the already struggling team much. The Dolphins turned to Mike Hull early in the year as a starter and will likely go back to the third-year linebacker, but the future for the team is probably Raekwon McMillan, a second-round pick in April who suffered a torn ACL in preseason.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm a USC fan an so wanted him instead of James Laurentitus back in that draft. He was so powerful in tackling/blowing people up, but James was a much smarter player, so the Rams made the right move between the two MLB's

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The guy in the white house, I believe. :D
Forgot all about his comment....and, I knew it was someone that had said that...LOL

My buddy says Jameis did it.....says he's privileged like that....I said remember that video....remember his college stuff...he says nope...guys got entitlement issues....

I just don't get 2017....

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-cited-for-marijuana-possession-in-september/

Packers’ Lance Kendricks was cited for marijuana possession in September
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 25, 2017

873329032-e1511610106526.jpg

Getty Images

For the second time this week, we’ve learned of a Packers player getting busted by police earlier in the season.

This time the word comes from TMZ that Packers tight end Lance Kendricks was cited for having marijuana in his car in September.

Kendricks was initially pulled over for driving 81 mph in a 70 mph zone. The officer who pulled him over reported “a strong odor of marijuana emitting from the vehicle.” Kendricks initially denied having any drugs but then admitted he had marijuana in his glove compartment.

News also broke this week that Packers running back Aaron Jones was arrested in October under similar circumstances, with an officer pulling him over for speeding and Jones admitting he had smoked marijuana.

Both Packers will come under league scrutiny for potential discipline.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/08/lance-kendricks-charged-with-possession-of-thc/

Lance Kendricks charged with possession of THC
Posted by Josh Alper on December 8, 2017

853163626-e1512761229940.jpg

Getty Images

After TMZ reported last month that Packers tight end Lance Kendricks was cited for marijuana possession after a September traffic stop, Kendricks denied itand said he was given a warning for a speeding ticket.

Kendricks is now facing more than a citation. Michael Cohen of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that Kendricks was charged with possession of THC by the district attorney in Outagamie County on December 5.

The newspaper has dash cam video with audio from the night of the stop, which came when Kendricks was pulled over for going 81 in a 70-mph zone. An officer can be heard saying that the car smells like marijuana before initiating a search that turned up marijuana, rolling papers and a grinder.

Kendricks is due for a court date in February and is subject to NFL discipline related to the case.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I saw this up and my heart skipped a beat thinking a Ram had screwed up and I held my breath while I clicked.

Whew... not us... not us...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...thout-permission-after-cops-find-pot-bullets/

DeSean Jackson says friend used his car without permission after cops find pot, bullets
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 27, 2017

873299224-e1514413606833.jpg

Getty Images

Buccaneers wide receiver DeSean Jackson says a friend used his car without his permission before police found it abandoned with marijuana and hollow-point bullets inside after it hit a tree.

It was a friend of DeSean’s who borrowed his car while he was out of town,” Denise White, a representative for Jackson, told NFL Media. “None of what was in the car was his obviously. He’s dealing with the person that was using it without his knowledge privately. The incident is being handled.”

Police found the Chevy Silverado on Sunday night, with the driver nowhere in sight. The car had 6.3 grams of marijuana inside it, an amount that would be a misdemeanor offense in Florida. Police also found two .38 caliber hollow-point bullets, which are legal in Florida.

Police say Jackson gave them the name of a person he said was driving the car but declined to help them get that driver back to the scene of the crash.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
From what I've heard.....

who grabs another woman's wuss...for at least :30 seconds...against her will....and isn't arrested THAT DAY or NIGHT?

Just like the Zeke Elliot charges.....doesn't "sound" believable....

I heard he thought she had some crab legs in her lap...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Buccaneers wide receiver DeSean Jackson says a friend used his car without his permission before police found it abandoned with marijuana and hollow-point bullets inside after it hit a tree.

When will these players learn to not be generous to the posse types that want to hang around and suck them dry? It's crazy man.

No you can't borrow my car while I'm away. WTF.