NFL Arrests and lawsuits - 2017

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
It wouldn't be a problem if the police would enforce the laws. My crew and I discovered people riding four wheelers on our hiking trails. It is a big deal because it makes ruts that lead to drainage problems that leads to a crap ton of work to repair. I called the cops. They met me as the people were down in the woods riding. The cop told me that no charges will stick even if he is able to figure out who it is. All that will happen is he will have a couple of hours of extra paperwork. He left without doing a thing.

In another incident this kid vandalised the bird watching house we built. He was caught and went before a judge and was ordered to clean up his mess and sand off the grafitti he wrote. He didn't do any of it because none of the cops would take him to do it, nor did they want to nab him again and incarcerate him for it.
Yep.
Your tax dollars at work.
They guys called the cops several times about and they said they would have to catch them doing.....the cop is telling them this several hours after they called, when he finally showed up.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It would be nine years to the day after he was sentenced to 33 years for a string of charges, including armed robbery and kidnapping.
Regardless of his prior arresst, I always thought his sentence was a little over the top. 33 years for "stealing" your own property? One thing I've learned, don't play with Vegas....or Nevada. I've heard of people getting jail time for having marijuana roaches in their ashtrays....or seeds.

Yesterday, an ex-business partner who visits him regularly at medium-security Lovelock Correctional Centre in Nevada declared: “He’s convinced he’ll be coming out this fall and is counting down the days to his hearing like a kid waiting for Christmas.”
Shouldn't do this....Last thing OJ wants to hear is how he was refused parole....He sure has a bunch of cash saved up. And he looks like hell.

Odds are if he does get released, and its not for sure he will, he won't live to see his next birthday.
Like @dieterbrock and PT said, Why is this bubba????

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-will-allen-sentenced-to-six-years-for-fraud/

Former Giants, Dolphins, Patriots DB Will Allen sentenced to six years for fraud
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 1, 2017

allen-e1479228026211.jpg
Getty Images

Former NFL defensive back Will Allen was hoping for a break from the judge, after pleading guilty to four counts of wire fraud.

He didn’t get it.

According to Law360.com, Allen was sentenced to six years in prison for his involvement in a $37 million Ponzi scheme.

And for the sake of clarification, this is the Will Allen who played for the Giants, Dolphins and Patriots, not the Will Allen who played for the Steelers, Buccaneers and Cowboys.

Allen’s attorney’s had sought a 2 1/2-year sentence after he pleaded guilty to four of the 23 counts against him.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...es-arrest-wasnt-reason-we-cut-darrelle-revis/

Todd Bowles: Arrest wasn’t reason we cut Darrelle Revis
Posted by Josh Alper on March 2, 2017

619297632-e1488465718497.jpg
Getty Images

The Jets released cornerback Darrelle Revis this week in a move that coach Todd Bowles said was about football and business considerations rather than a response to his arrest after an incident in Pittsburgh last month.

Bowles said news of the arrest was “shocking” because of what he knows of Revis, but answered “not at all” when asked if the arrest and charges impacted the team’s decision to move on without the veteran corner.

The decision, per Bowles, came down to Revis having a rough season in 2016 and the fact that Revis was set to make $15 million for the 2017 season. The coach acknowledged there was some talk about moving Revis to safety, but that they ultimately decided to move on without him.

“Obviously, the business side of it … had a lot to do with it as well,” Bowles said, via ESPN.com. “Trying to move a guy and project a guy from corner to safety at that kind of salary is kind of tough.”

Revis and center Nick Mangold headline a series of recent veteran cuts by the Jets that will both create room under the salary cap and leave the Jets on track to be a young team for the 2017 season. That might worry some coaches as they enter their third year without making the playoffs in the first two, but Bowles said Thursday that he’s “not afraid of the unknown.”

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/04/greg-hardy-avoids-jail-time-on-cocaine-charges/

Greg Hardy avoids jail time on cocaine charges
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 4, 2017

Former Cowboys and Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy has avoided jail time on cocaine charges, which should allow him to continue his latest bid for career reclamation.

According to the Fox 4 in Dallas, Hardy struck a plea deal and was given two years probation, community service and a $500 fine.

He was arrested for cocaine possession last September, claiming someone put the drugs in his wallet as he was passing it around to pay for things.

“It went very well. My lawyers did an awesome job. I’m just glad I have everything behind me so I can get back to work and get back to my life,” Hardy said. “I’ll continue to train and stay out of their way. Stay out of trouble and keep my head down.”

Hardy’s trying to redeem himself while training as an MMA fighter, and planning to play in The Spring League, a developmental operation in West Virginia in April which will give extra chances to former NFL players.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...arged-with-two-felonies-after-arizona-arrest/

David Parry charged with two felonies after Arizona arrest
Posted by Josh Alper on March 8, 2017

489498058-e1488973843298.jpg
Getty Images

Colts defensive lineman David Parry was arrested in Scottsdale, Arizona last weekend after an incident involving the alleged theft of a golf cart.

Parry has been charged with two felonies as a result of his alleged actions early on a Saturday morning. Maricopa County records show, via the Indianapolis Star, that Parry has been charged with theft of a means of transportation and resisting arrest with physical force as well as a misdemeanor assault charge.

Parry is accused of stealing a street-legal golf cart that was transporting him and two others from a bar after hitting the driver. He was found after crashing the cart and then allegedly refused to cooperate with officers while shouting slurs at them.

The felony charges both carry possible sentences of multiple years behind bars. Parry is set to be arraigned on the charges on Friday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-end-demetrius-harris-arrested-for-marijuana/

Report: Chiefs tight end Demetrius Harris arrested for marijuana
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 8, 2017

610459328.jpg
Getty Images

The Chiefs are dealing with other business at the moment, but have a new headache.

According to KMBC, Chiefs tight end Demetrius Harris was arrested and charged with felony possession of marijuana by the Missouri Highway Patrol.

In Missouri, felony possession is more than 35 grams (an ounce and a quarter), so it’s not an inconsiderable amount. He was sent to the Bates County Jail (south of Kansas City) and released Monday.

The 25-year-old tight end signed a three-year contract extension with the Chiefs last offseason. He caught 17 passes last year, including one for a touchdown from Dontari Poe on the “Bloated Tebow Pass,” which may now be known as the “Bloated Tebow Puff Puff Pass.”

He was fined for celebrating that one, and may now face additional punishment from the league, regardless what the criminal justice system in Missouri does with him.

The Chiefs have yet to put out the statement saying they are aware, investigating, and declining further comment while they gather more information.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Greg Hardy is a such a stupid fuck. He should be rotting in a jail cell. Unreal how he keeps getting out of the these things.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/09/aldon-smith-detained-for-public-intoxication/

Aldon Smith detained for public intoxication
Posted by Mike Florio on March 9, 2017

488124052-e1480898830640.jpg
Getty Images

Aldon Smith isn’t making news on the first day of free agency the way that he should have been.

Via KTVU.com, Smith has been detained by San Francisco police for public intoxication on Thursday morning. The incident occurred after a vehicle in which he was riding collided with an undercover police car. He is expected to be released by police when sober.

The incident comes at a time when Smith was closing in on potential reinstatement after a suspension that began in November 2015.

Last month, Smith boasted that he’s “back and there’s nobody who can stop me.”

There was somebody who can stop Aldon Smith. Curiously, he has the same name.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/09/aldon-smith-detained-for-public-intoxication/

Getty Images

Aldon Smith isn’t making news on the first day of free agency the way that he should have been.

Via KTVU.com, Smith has been detained by San Francisco police for public intoxication on Thursday morning. The incident occurred after a vehicle in which he was riding collided with an undercover police car. He is expected to be released by police when sober.

The incident comes at a time when Smith was closing in on potential reinstatement after a suspension that began in November 2015.

I'm so embarrassed that this asshole went to Mizzou.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Getty Images

Here he is leaving the police station - still *clearly* intoxicated.

View: https://twitter.com/uSTADIUM/status/839992237274611712

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Sad watching someone so talented ruin there life like this. He had HOF talent. Unfortunately if he does ever get his head on straight, will be after his football career is over. What a waste

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Aldon Smith is a special kind of stupid.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
There is no arrest here for this incident, but it goes to the fact that this player is still under investigation for domestic violence. This won't help your case Mr. Elliott. :fuelfire:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/13/ezekiel-elliott-pulls-down-womans-top-at-parade/

Ezekiel Elliott pulls down woman’s top at parade
Posted by Mike Florio on March 13, 2017

649397312-e1489426161597.jpg
Getty Images

While no NFL players (or anyone else) should be pulling down a woman’s top in public and exposing one of her breasts, the last one who should be doing it is Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliot. And yet he has done just that, via TMZ.

Elliott, who remains under investigation for domestic violence allegations made against him last year, pulled at the top of a woman and exposed her breast in an incident that was captured on video during a St. Patrick’s Day Parade.

Per TMZ, one of Elliott’s representatives claims it was “all in good fun” and that the “woman wasn’t upset.”

Whether the woman whose clothing was partially removed in a public place by Elliott is upset doesn’t matter. Whether the league office views the behavior in a negative way does. If the folks at 345 Park Avenue trying to sift through the evidence are still undecided on whether to believe Elliott or the woman who has accused him of five incident of domestic violence in a six-day period, this is the kind of thing that could break the tie under the very low “more likely than not” standard of evidence.

It also could amount to an aggravating circumstance for any violation happening in 2016, enhancing the punishment the league imposes. It also could amount to a separate violation of the Personal Conduct Policy.

Given the explanation provided nearly seven years ago when Goodell suspended Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, it’s not a stretch to conclude that the league would take action for this kind of conduct regardless of whether the woman was upset by it.

“My decision today is not based on a finding that you violated [the] law,” Goodell told Roethlisberger. “[Y]ou are held to a higher standard as an NFL player, and there is nothing about your conduct . . . that can remotely be described as admirable, responsible, or consistent with either the values of the league or the expectations of our fans. . . . Your conduct raises sufficient concerns that I believe effective intervention now is the best step for your personal and professional welfare.”

It doesn’t matter whether Elliott, the woman, the media, the fans, or anyone else believe that Elliott’s conduct crosses the line. What matters is whether the NFL believes it, and whether the NFL will do something about it.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I know most guys now days think with their 2nd head that doesnt have a brain, still a stupid thing to do, but why isn't she wearing a bra? You can say she was asking for it. Some of these guys need to freaking conduct themselves professionally. I don't get it millions of dollars and you go around doing retarded ass sh-it.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
He looks absolutely hammer timed. These young men should probably have somebody around them keep a level head and tell them when they cross the line. This isn't going to end well for him.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I know most guys now days think where their 2nd head that doesnt have a brain, still a stupid thing to do, but why isn't she wearing a bra? You can say she was asking for it. Some of these guys need to freaking conduct themselves professionally. I don't get it millions of dollars and you go around doing retarded ass sh-it.

You are talking about kids in their young 20s who are drinking. Millions of dollars don't make such kids act responsible. Alcohol lowers inhibitions - and star athletes don't have many inhibitions to start with.

As for why she isn't wearing a bra - why should she? Bra's are for comfort and support - not as a layer to guard against people removing layers.

In this story - the woman apparently wasn't mad - maybe she even consented. Does that make it ok? I dont know - I still could see kids learning how to act by watching their hero up there removing clothes. And that opens a whole other can of worms about the responsibility atheletes have or dont have as role models.

Still - under DV investigation by the league - this is a bad look.