NFL announces partnership with YouTube

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/26/nfl-announces-partnership-with-youtube/

NFL announces partnership with YouTube
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 26, 2015

youtube-logo2.jpeg

The NFL is embracing online video.

The league, which has been slow and cautious about allowing its content to appear online and has often ordered highlight clips removed for copyright violations, has now decided that it makes more sense to use online video to reach as wide an audience as possible. As a result, the NFL and YouTube announced a partnership today that will result in an NFL YouTube channel that makes videos directly viewable on Google searches.

Realistically, it’s all but impossible for organizations like the NFL to prevent all of their copyrighted material from being posted online. So it makes more sense to form a partnership with the biggest provider of online video in the world than to keep futilely fighting online video.

The partnership also guarantees that kickoff times and broadcast information for every NFL game will be prominently displayed in Google searches. The league’s YouTube channel has already launched, and currently features a Super Bowl preview, Pro Bowl highlights, and big plays from the 2014 season. Some day, it may expand to include the league’s enormous NFL Films video archive. That would be a treasure trove for NFL fans. This announcement has great potential.

fearsomefour

Legend
This is good....Im glad Goodell has his priorities all worked out....you know, things like a team undermining the integrity of the league and the game in a conference title game....uber douche.

jjab360

Legend
This is good....Im glad Goodell has his priorities all worked out....you know, things like a team undermining the integrity of the league and the game in a conference title game....uber douche.
Seriously? One has nothing to do with the other, why even bring that up in this thread?

On topic, it's about time the NFL get with the times and stop being so tight with their merchandise, the videos on their site suck anyway.

Alan

Legend
You hit somebody on their head with a hammer enough times and eventually they start thinking straight. At least that's what my mother always said.

fearsomefour

Legend
Seriously? One has nothing to do with the other, why even bring that up in this thread?

On topic, it's about time the NFL get with the times and stop being so tight with their merchandise, the videos on their site suck anyway.
I agree their videos suck on their site.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't think this allows people to make highlight videos. They'll probably still put in copyright claims.
This is just expanding their reach with the videos that they make.

Alan

Legend
-X-unsure:
I don't think this allows people to make highlight videos. They'll probably still put in copyright claims.
I guess you'll have to make one and find out for sure. :whistle:

Last edited:

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
No wonder I got a copyright strike off the video I uploaded. Better find a lawyer to teach me what to write when uploading these videos.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo

I can't imagine the time prior you've put into all the ones eventually removed. I'd rather go fishing, hit the gym, see a concert and mosh or just about anything else over the 'NFL' ripping your only (Rams) videos that YOU took the time to edit and create. But hey that's just me. Ahhh the memories though... even some brief. Well done The Dudeness sir! (y)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No wonder I got a copyright strike off the video I uploaded. Better find a lawyer to teach me what to write when uploading these videos.
I doubt it will matter what you write. You can always claim "fair use" but it'll probably not matter.

You probably need to alter it in some way. Even then, no guarantees.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nothin' you can do. I tried to fight it once under the fair use act saying that my 'work' was modified enough from the original, wasn't for monetary gain, was for educational purposes, and only used a fraction of the original production. All the things you need to demonstrate fair use.

Nerp.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I doubt it will matter what you write. You can always claim "fair use" but it'll probably not matter.

You probably need to alter it in some way. Even then, no guarantees.

I was able to uplift the copyright strikes for the 2012 and 2013 videos by submitting the same wording to my disputes a week after I was given two strikes for those videos. My best bet is to submit counter-notifications at least a week after the given strike as it won't be under heavy scrutiny. By doing so, YouTube either will reverse the strike by acknowledging it was under the fair use clause or not reviewing it, therefore reversing the strike without further review.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
means all the good stuff people put up there will be taken down by youtube because NFL will mean a ton of money, so, anything the NFL does not want up there (say Billicheat not shaking hands) wil be gone quicker.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Shut your whore mouth and make a highlight video