New Scenario Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just finished up a whale of an assignment so I figured...what better way to blow off some steam? :D

Isn't an entirely new scenario but it kind of combines multiple scenarios together.
Restructure
Sam Bradford - 2 years $17 million

Released
Jake Long OT
Kendall Langford DT
Scott Wells C
Eugene Sims DE
Isaiah Pead HB
Total Cap Room: $26.0 million

Re-signed Players
Kenny Britt - 4 years $20 million($5 million first year)
Mike Person - 1 year $745,000
Cory Harkey - ERFA($645,000)
Rodney McLeod - RFA($1.4 million - Original Round)
Total Cap Spent: $7.8 million
Total Cap Room: $18.2 million

Free Agency
Leger Douzable DT
med_gallery_5331_85_72722.jpg

2 years $3 million($1.5 million first year)

Douzable is a rotational DT that can step into the run stuffer role and is even capable of playing some DE if needed.

Rodney Hudson C
rodney-hudson.jpg

5 years $37.5 million($6 million first year)

Only 25 years old and considered one of the best young Centers in the league. Time for the Rams to get the Center spot upgraded and unlike Wells, Hudson isn't being signed right before he hits the decline. Chiefs have to pay Houston first so that gives us a shot.

Ryan Harris OT
8114971.jpg

Harris is a solid starting RT that has had some injury issues in the past but played well in KC last year.

John Conner FB
4934511827_aeefcd30ea.jpg

1 year $1 million

Kendricks departs via FA for a starting job elsewhere so we decide to move Harkey to TE full time in Kendricks's old role and bring in John Conner to play FB for us.

Trades
St. Louis trades 1st Round #10
Cleveland trades 1st Round #19, WR Josh Gordon, and 5th Round #11
gordon_josh_g_mp_576.jpg

St. Louis trades 2nd round #9
San Diego trades 2nd round #16 and 4th round #18

St. Louis trades 5th round #9 and HB Zach Stacy
Tampa Bay trades trades QB Mike Glennon
glennon.jpg

I think the Cleveland trade makes a lot of sense because Cleveland moves into range to take Parker or White to replace Gordon and the Rams have the coaching staff and WR corp to hopefully get Gordon's head right. As crazy as it would have sounded a year ago, I think Britt could be a good influence on Gordon.

San Diego needs to build up its OL so they trade up for one of the first round caliber OLs that drops out due to the depth this year.

The Rams need a backup QB while the Bucs are going to pick a QB at #1 and already have McCown as a backup. Bucs need a HB with Doug Martin falling off a cliff. Make sense for both teams.

NFL Draft
Round 1 Pick #19 - Brandon Scherff OG Iowa

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS9Hq4bdFY0

Analysis: I have serious doubts about Scherff's ability to be a quality OT at the next level but I think he can be an elite OG. He's an incredible run blocker with a serious mean streak that plays through the whistle. Guy can be one of the best OGs in the NFL.

Round 2 Pick #16 - Owamagbe Odighizuwa DE UCLA

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo3mHEp2zw8

Analysis: The Rams need to start planning for a future without Chris Long. Owa has serious potential and is a great player for Waufle to develop. He has freakish power and serious explosion off the snap. Not really a guy who will bend around the edge but he's a great run defender with the potential to be a very good pass rusher once he expands his set of moves.

Round 3 Pick #9 - Cedric Ogbuehi OT/OG Texas A&M

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6tZpQVRuV8

Analysis: A tough Senior year and his torn ACL drop him down the board but we scoop him up as a player to develop for the future. There are some questions about his work habits and his technique is very poor but Ogbuehi has top 10 caliber physical skills at OT including phenomenal feet and has experience inside at OG. May have to spend his rookie year on IR.

Round 4 Pick #18 - Rob Havenstein OT/OG Wisconsin

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTftkxEBw0U

Analysis: We continue to add depth to and improve the OL. Havenstein is a massive man with the power and wide base to play inside. He has the feet to be a competent RT if needed but I think he ultimately has more potential at OG like Alex Boone.

Round 5 Pick #11 - Jeremy Langford HB Michigan State

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGhTprkJgow

Analysis: Good all around HB that could be called a jack of all trades master of none. Good runner that can do a bit of everything although he needs to be more patient at times and a guy who can catch the ball as well as protect the passer.

Round 6 Pick Comp - Taylor Heinicke QB Old Dominion

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8oGVS4K2SA

Analysis: We take a shot on a QB to develop behind Bradford and Glennon...at least until next year. Heinicke impressed me with his ball placement, instinctual ability to find passing lanes, willingness to climb the pocket, and his mobility. However, he's short(6'1") and lacks a great arm.

Round 7 Pick #31 - J.J. Nelson WR UAB

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P34KWtpfzAQ

Analysis: Nelson was the best KR in the NCAA in 2014 averaging nearly 40 yards per KR and returning four for TDs. Nelson has blazing speed, good vision and balance, and is very decisive with the ball in his hands. He also has more WR skills than I expected and could push Givens for his WR job.

Starting Line-up
QB: Sam Bradford
HB: Tre Mason
FB: John Conner
XWR: Josh Gordon
ZWR: Kenny Britt/Brian Quick
SLWR: Tavon Austin
TE: Jared Cook
LT: Greg Robinson
LG: Brandon Scherff
C: Rodney Hudson
RG: Rodger Saffold
RT: Ryan Harris

LDE: Chris Long
LDT: Aaron Donald
RDT: Michael Brockers
RDE: Robert Quinn
WLB: Alec Ogletree
MLB: James Laurinaitis
SPUR: Mark Barron
LCB: Trumaine Johnson
RCB: Janoris Jenkins
NCB: E.J. Gaines
FS: Rodney McLeod
SS: T.J. McDonald

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: J.J. Nelson
PR: Tavon Austin

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Good

If the Rans could pull Hudson and Ryan away from the Chiefs, I would be very happy. That along with Scherf and Havenstein would be a tremendous Oline upgrade. Trading for Glennon almost feels like a must at this point.

Those moves alone would make the off season a huge success.

The Bad

No thanks on Josh Gordon. That guy has major problems. I know Cris Carter turned his life around but those decisions have to come from within and he doesn't seem like cares. Why take the risk on him when the Rams could possibly get Parker or White if they stay at ten? They could take Tomlinson in round 2.

I wouldn't take Ogbuehi. There are other players that aren't injured and don't have work ethic concerns that could be a better fit.

Odighizuwa would be a good value but don't you think Westbrooks could fill that role? Quentin Rollins would be an interesting developmental player here. Tru and JJ will both be free agents next year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Good

If the Rans could pull Hudson and Ryan away from the Chiefs, I would be very happy. That along with Scherf and Havenstein would be a tremendous Oline upgrade. Trading for Glennon almost feels like a must at this point.

Those moves alone would make the off season a huge success.

The Bad

No thanks on Josh Gordon. That guy has major problems. I know Cris Carter turned his life around but those decisions have to come from within and he doesn't seem like cares. Why take the risk on him when the Rams could possibly get Parker or White if they stay at ten? They could take Tomlinson in round 2.

Appreciate the comments. :)

It's a big risk but I thought the same thing about Britt and he really seemed to turn it around. I wonder if things just aren't toxic in Cleveland. Look at Manziel and the ever recycling coaching staff. We have strong leaders in our locker-room and on our staff. Might just be the change of scenery he needs. But I completely understand why someone wouldn't want to deal with that headache.

I wouldn't take Ogbuehi. There are other players that aren't injured and don't have work ethic concerns that could be a better fit.

Again, I understand why someone wouldn't want to take the risk. But it's the 3rd round and we're talking about a guy considered a top 10 talent coming into the year. It's one of those situations where I think the juice is worth the squeeze...being aware of the risks involved. This is a guy that has the ability to be a top tier LT in this league...and we could end up having him at RT or OG. That would be one insane OL.

Odighizuwa would be a good value but don't you think Westbrooks could fill that role? Quentin Rollins would be an interesting developmental player here. Tru and JJ will both be free agents next year.

I don't think so. I think Ethan could be a nice rotational DE for us but I don't know about a starter. Gotta make plans for after Hayes and Long. Owa is a freak. One of my favorite guys in this draft because of how powerful and explosive he is. Also has MASSIVE(over 11 inches) and violent hands. He doesn't have much of a pass rush repertoire at the moment but that's Waufle's specialty. This is the type of guy that our DL Coach drools over. Yoked up kid with serious explosion off the ball, off the charts power, and violent hands...just waiting to be coached up. Plus, the kid has a non-stop motor and is a great run defender.

I think he could the yin to Quinn's yang in a couple years. Kind of like Charles Johnson in Carolina...elite run defender and a very good pass rusher.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Id rather have kevin white from wvu than Gordon. And I think that if the Rams trade for Glennon it's gonna take a heck of a lot more than 17 nill to convince bradford to restructure

lockdnram21

Legend
its ok but dont see wr as a need if Britt comes back. Also to put in perspective last year rams didnt get a wr and a lot of people wanted to get Watkins and rams didnt get a single receiver. now that Britt and Quick showed promise do u guys actuall think rams draft a receiver early or trade for one. Also im with @dieterbrock ifmwe trade for Glennon Bradford want except that restructure. i could see rams looking into coates or devin kid from ohio state in second or 3rd. but i feel Quick and Britt will be starters again

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Id rather have kevin white from wvu than Gordon. And I think that if the Rams trade for Glennon it's gonna take a heck of a lot more than 17 nill to convince bradford to restructure

I would say that Glennon would still come in as the backup. It isn't like the Rams would be grabbing Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, who Sam could not beat for the starting job. Glennon is a big upgrade over Hill and Davis. A team with a top defense could win with a guy like Glennon if it came to him having to start.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
its ok but dont see wr as a need if Britt comes back. Also to put in perspective last year rams didnt get a wr and a lot of people wanted to get Watkins and rams didnt get a single receiver. now that Britt and Quick showed promise do u guys actuall think rams draft a receiver early or trade for one. Also im with @dieterbrock ifmwe trade for Glennon Bradford want except that restructure. i could see rams looking into coates or devin kid from ohio state in second or 3rd. but i feel Quick and Britt will be starters again

If it is a question of BPA I think they go WR. At ten if White is sitting there they should take him. Do teams win without elite receivers? Sure they do but what does the Rams receiving corps look like without Britt? How do you know that Quicks injury wont hinder him for next year. That injury was very bad. Tavon has not been the threat the Rams have hoped. Bailey has good games and bad. A guy like Kevin White would draw as much attention as Britt and open the entire field up.

I hope they have a shot at a guy like White or Parker and take him. Then go Oline and QB, maybe a developmental corner or LBer for depth. This team is getting close and with an offseason where they get a Center and Guard the draft will be very well set up to go BPA.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
As usual well done @jrry32 and although I'm not a Josh Gordon fan as others have posted the only other issue is that Taylor Heinicke sounds and even looks like Austin Davis.
upload_2015-1-25_9-54-1.jpeg

images

paceram

Pro Bowler
Just finished up a whale of an assignment so I figured...what better way to blow off some steam? :D

Isn't an entirely new scenario but it kind of combines multiple scenarios together.
Restructure
Sam Bradford - 2 years $17 million

Released
Jake Long OT
Kendall Langford DT
Scott Wells C
Eugene Sims DE
Isaiah Pead HB
Total Cap Room: $26.0 million

Re-signed Players
Kenny Britt - 4 years $20 million($5 million first year)
Mike Person - 1 year $745,000
Cory Harkey - ERFA($645,000)
Rodney McLeod - RFA($1.4 million - Original Round)
Total Cap Spent: $7.8 million
Total Cap Room: $18.2 million

Free Agency
Leger Douzable DT
med_gallery_5331_85_72722.jpg

Douzable is a rotational DT that can step into the run stuffer role and is even capable of playing some DE if needed.

Rodney Hudson C
rodney-hudson.jpg

5 years $37.5 million($6 million first year)

Only 25 years old and considered one of the best young Centers in the league. Time for the Rams to get the Center spot upgraded and unlike Wells, Hudson isn't being signed right before he hits the decline. Chiefs have to pay Houston first so that gives us a shot.

Ryan Harris OT
8114971.jpg

Harris is a solid starting RT that has had some injury issues in the past but played well in KC last year.

John Conner FB
4934511827_aeefcd30ea.jpg

1 year $1 million

Kendricks departs via FA for a starting job elsewhere so we decide to move Harkey to TE full time in Kendricks's old role and bring in John Conner to play FB for us.

Trades
St. Louis trades 1st Round #10
Cleveland trades 1st Round #19, WR Josh Gordon, and 5th Round #11
gordon_josh_g_mp_576.jpg

St. Louis trades 2nd round #9
San Diego trades 2nd round #16 and 4th round #18

St. Louis trades 5th round #9 and HB Zach Stacy
Tampa Bay trades trades QB Mike Glennon
glennon.jpg

I think the Cleveland trade makes a lot of sense because Cleveland moves into range to take Parker or White to replace Gordon and the Rams have the coaching staff and WR corp to hopefully get Gordon's head right. As crazy as it would have sounded a year ago, I think Britt could be a good influence on Gordon.

San Diego needs to build up its OL so they trade up for one of the first round caliber OLs that drops out due to the depth this year.

The Rams need a backup QB while the Bucs are going to pick a QB at #1 and already have McCown as a backup. Bucs need a HB with Doug Martin falling off a cliff. Make sense for both teams.

NFL Draft
Round 1 Pick #19 - Brandon Scherff OG Iowa

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS9Hq4bdFY0

Analysis: I have serious doubts about Scherff's ability to be a quality OT at the next level but I think he can be an elite OG. He's an incredible run blocker with a serious mean streak that plays through the whistle. Guy can be one of the best OGs in the NFL.

Round 2 Pick #16 - Owamagbe Odighizuwa DE UCLA

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo3mHEp2zw8

Analysis: The Rams need to start planning for a future without Chris Long. Owa has serious potential and is a great player for Waufle to develop. He has freakish power and serious explosion off the snap. Not really a guy who will bend around the edge but he's a great run defender with the potential to be a very good pass rusher once he expands his set of moves.

Round 3 Pick #9 - Cedric Ogbuehi OT/OG Texas A&M

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6tZpQVRuV8

Analysis: A tough Senior year and his torn ACL drop him down the board but we scoop him up as a player to develop for the future. There are some questions about his work habits and his technique is very poor but Ogbuehi has top 10 caliber physical skills at OT including phenomenal feet and has experience inside at OG. May have to spend his rookie year on IR.

Round 4 Pick #18 - Rob Havenstein OT/OG Wisconsin

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTftkxEBw0U

Analysis: We continue to add depth to and improve the OL. Havenstein is a massive man with the power and wide base to play inside. He has the feet to be a competent RT if needed but I think he ultimately has more potential at OG like Alex Boone.

Round 5 Pick #11 - Jeremy Langford HB Michigan State

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGhTprkJgow

Analysis: Good all around HB that could be called a jack of all trades master of none. Good runner that can do a bit of everything although he needs to be more patient at times and a guy who can catch the ball as well as protect the passer.

Round 6 Pick Comp - Taylor Heinicke QB Old Dominion

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8oGVS4K2SA

Analysis: We take a shot on a QB to develop behind Bradford and Glennon...at least until next year. Heinicke impressed me with his ball placement, instinctual ability to find passing lanes, willingness to climb the pocket, and his mobility. However, he's short(6'1") and lacks a great arm.

Round 7 Pick #31 - J.J. Nelson WR UAB

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P34KWtpfzAQ

Analysis: Nelson was the best KR in the NCAA in 2014 averaging nearly 40 yards per KR and returning four for TDs. Nelson has blazing speed, good vision and balance, and is very decisive with the ball in his hands. He also has more WR skills than I expected and could push Givens for his WR job.

Starting Line-up
QB: Sam Bradford
HB: Tre Mason
FB: John Conner
XWR: Josh Gordon
ZWR: Kenny Britt/Brian Quick
SLWR: Tavon Austin
TE: Jared Cook
LT: Greg Robinson
LG: Brandon Scherff
C: Rodney Hudson
RG: Rodger Saffold
RT: Ryan Harris

LDE: Chris Long
LDT: Aaron Donald
RDT: Michael Brockers
RDE: Robert Quinn
WLB: Alec Ogletree
MLB: James Laurinaitis
SPUR: Mark Barron
LCB: Trumaine Johnson
RCB: Janoris Jenkins
NCB: E.J. Gaines
FS: Rodney McLeod
SS: T.J. McDonald

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: J.J. Nelson
PR: Tavon Austin

I really like your offseason moves but I will be very surprised (But, thrilled!) if Scherff is available at #19 (Actually, I will be surprised if he is still available at #10) and I am not sure the Rams will want to team up Gordon with Britt (Especially, since Britt really seemed to do so well with the current Rams receivers last season!)! Gordon could have a really negative effect on Britt (Of course, there is that chance Britt could have a real positive effect on Gordon!).

Memphis Ram

Legend
IMO, any scenario that involves bringing in Josh Gordon is a bad scenario, IMO. After several issues in college and the pros, I'd pass. He simply can't be counted on as he's a suspension waiting to happen.

lockdnram21

Legend
If it is a question of BPA I think they go WR. At ten if White is sitting there they should take him. Do teams win without elite receivers? Sure they do but what does the Rams receiving corps look like without Britt? How do you know that Quicks injury wont hinder him for next year. That injury was very bad. Tavon has not been the threat the Rams have hoped. Bailey has good games and bad. A guy like Kevin White would draw as much attention as Britt and open the entire field up.

I hope they have a shot at a guy like White or Parker and take him. Then go Oline and QB, maybe a developmental corner or LBer for depth. This team is getting close and with an offseason where they get a Center and Guard the draft will be very well set up to go BPA.
I hope not get a qb and line and u will have your 1000 yard receiver. Hell Britt would have had it had he had a half decent qb and line

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
IMO, any scenario that involves bringing in Josh Gordon is a bad scenario, IMO. After several issues in college and the pros, I'd pass. He simply can't be counted on as he's a suspension waiting to happen.

Aaaaaaand he's suspended again

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As usual well done @jrry32 and although I'm not a Josh Gordon fan as others have posted the only other issue is that Taylor Heinicke sounds and even looks like Austin Davis.
View attachment 5092
images

Carden is more or less Austin Davis.

Heinicke is more like Chase Daniel...but he's more athletic and has a better arm.

Why wouldn't Bradford want to? He's in line to be the starter.

Athos

Legend
what better way to blow off some steam?

Strip clubs. Booty chasing. :ROFLMAO:

Gordon is one DUMB MFer, btw. Now that that pipe dream is over......I'm starting to fall in love with Parker's game. I might like what he brings to the table a bit more than Cooper. Not saying he's a better WR, but.....that leaping ability and body control. Fucking insane!

What I like about this, is the FA. Love the decisions made.

What I don't particularly like is the draft itself. Doesn't really do anything for me and I think it is a bit premature to go get someone to groom as Long's successor. Plenty of life left in him and a 2nd is way too high for a guy that'll hardly see the field.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Strip clubs. Booty chasing. :ROFLMAO:

Gordon is one DUMB MFer, btw. Now that that pipe dream is over......I'm starting to fall in love with Parker's game. I might like what he brings to the table a bit more than Cooper. Not saying he's a better WR, but.....that leaping ability and body control. freaking insane!

What I like about this, is the FA. Love the decisions made.

What I don't particularly like is the draft itself. Doesn't really do anything for me and I think it is a bit premature to go get someone to groom as Long's successor. Plenty of life left in him and a 2nd is way too high for a guy that'll hardly see the field.

I think I'd still stick to what I was trying to do. Trade down for an OL in the late teens and pick up an extra pick or two instead of Gordon. Maybe grab a WR in the 2nd...or not. It's not a "need" for me. But it would be a nice luxury.

Owa will see the field once he's ready. Look at how much Hayes plays for us. Plus, Long's getting paid a lot of money. Might not be a bad idea to have a replacement in house in case we need to move on in the next couple years.

Athos

Legend
I think I'd still stick to what I was trying to do. Trade down for an OL in the late teens and pick up an extra pick or two instead of Gordon. Maybe grab a WR in the 2nd...or not. It's not a "need" for me. But it would be a nice luxury.

Owa will see the field once he's ready. Look at how much Hayes plays for us. Plus, Long's getting paid a lot of money. Might not be a bad idea to have a replacement in house in case we need to move on in the next couple years.

If trading down is still your plan, I think it more prudent then to pick up Gurley along the way.

If the QBs are absolute trash and Glennon is the only option, you go ballz out with road grading lineman and add a RB freak like Gurley.

We've seen time and time again how Lynch bails out Wussell's Wilson's shit QB-ing. What better idea to help take even more pressure off Sam (if healthy) or a new guy coming in, than a combination of Gurley and Mason with a dash of BamBam?

I'd love to see what a competent, creative OC could do with Gurley/Mason/BamBam and gadget plays with Austin behind a stud O-Line with a healthy Sam. Or at worst, Glennon.