New Maiden, best in years

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
For the couple of "up the irons" on the board....
Heard Book of Souls today....pretty much kicks ass.
I don't care for how Mr. Shirley usually produced the drums, too upfront and dry, but, this is better in that respect.
Bruce sounds great. Amazing how well he holds up over time.
To me, a lot more solid song writing on this album, not trying so hard to be prog, just a bunch of really solid songs.
One of the better Maiden efforts in decades in my opinion.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Thanx, I'll have to check it out. Iron Maiden was one of my favorite bands back in high school.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
For the couple of "up the irons" on the board....
Heard Book of Souls today....pretty much kicks ass.
I don't care for how Mr. Shirley usually produced the drums, too upfront and dry, but, this is better in that respect.
Bruce sounds great. Amazing how well he holds up over time.
To me, a lot more solid song writing on this album, not trying so hard to be prog, just a bunch of really solid songs.
One of the better Maiden efforts in decades in my opinion.

Glad to hear this. I quite liked the final frontier especially when the wild wind blows which is an incredible tune.

I love it when Maiden do one of their epic long songs like that one and rime of the ancient mariner. I gather that book of souls has a long one on it so looking forward to hearing that.

They're doing the whole ed force one thing again for a world tour in support of this album.

fearsomefour

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Glad to hear this. I quite liked the final frontier especially when the wild wind blows which is an incredible tune.

I love it when Maiden do one of their epic long songs like that one and rime of the ancient mariner. I gather that book of souls has a long one on it so looking forward to hearing that.

They're doing the whole ed force one thing again for a world tour in support of this album.
Yeah, there is an 18 minute song on Book of Souls which was written just by Bruce.
Not my favorite song on the album but it is pretty grandiose.
I like the song writing on this album....really a double album more than any of their stuff in quite a while and I generally liked the Final Frontier as well.
I think the release date is 9/04 or so if my memory is right.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Cool will have to check it out! Got to see these guys live twice. Once in about 84 for the Number of the Beast tour and then again a few years ago. Great show. It is a band that has a definate character. Just hearing a few bars of an unknown song by them, you can usually guess they are the artist. Those signature galloping guitars gives them right off.

One thing that sort of irritated me...and it may be just me...when I saw them last (it was with Dickenson as lead singer both times). It was his style to always go low on every single sustain. I found myself wanting (needing even) for him to go get that super high just once...ONCE. I suppose we all wanna be 21 again.

They do put on a great show!

I found a track from the new album on Youtube:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F7A24f6gNc

Classic:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G5rfPISIwo

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Was never the biggest Iron Maiden fan , but always loved their album covers

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Thank you @fearsomefour Iron Maiden has gotten my groove back. I put Iron Maiden on my iheartradio and rock out like im 20 yrs younger.

fearsomefour

Legend
Cool will have to check it out! Got to see these guys live twice. Once in about 84 for the Number of the Beast tour and then again a few years ago. Great show. It is a band that has a definate character. Just hearing a few bars of an unknown song by them, you can usually guess they are the artist. Those signature galloping guitars gives them right off.

One thing that sort of irritated me...and it may be just me...when I saw them last (it was with Dickenson as lead singer both times). It was his style to always go low on every single sustain. I found myself wanting (needing even) for him to go get that super high just once...ONCE. I suppose we all wanna be 21 again.

They do put on a great show!

I found a track from the new album on Youtube:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F7A24f6gNc

Classic:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G5rfPISIwo

Bruce has maintained a lot of the quality of his voice over the years. Better than most.
Gotta make sure you see them with a couple of days rest after his last show and you normally will hear more of the high notes.

fearsomefour

Legend
Totally agree! The new Fear Factory- Genexus kicks some major ass, too.
Nice.
I will check it out. Was never into Fear Factory that much, then, I saw them open for Metallica many years ago and they kicked ass.
I try to pick up their stuff when I know something come out. Thanks for the heads up.

A55VA6

Legend
I actually heard their new stuff the other day, pretty good.

They're one of my Dad's favorite bands so I grew up listening to them. He's been to so many concerts and he has tons of Eddie stories that are freaky as shit. haha.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
The Book Of Souls - Full Album

Tracklist:
CD1:
01 If Eternity Should Fail
02 Speed of Light
03 The Great Unknown
04 The Red and the Black
05 When the River Runs Deep
06 The Book of Souls
CD2: