New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Its great for the NFL, terrible for the country. Not going to get into semantics about the actual renovations or clause. But its a terrible clause for cities in this country.

The only thing it does is contribute to the wealth divide and gives the NFL pretty new stadiums to play in every few years.

I agree, but I'd say that cities wasting money on stadiums in general. That's one the the only reasons why I would be just peachy with Inglewood, because Kroenke isn't having tax payers fund any of it. If a city wants to pay for a stadium, then let them, but it's not smart.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like to me the NFL has just backed all of Fabiani's "mouth running" and "insulting San Diego" by pointing out flaws in the plan...

but hey I guess somehow supposed to believe two owners who have been trying to work with the city is somehow better than an owner who has refused too...right... Talk about logical thinking

And I have not seen anything saying that letter is fake. It wouldn't surprise me either if the NFL sent that letter...People tear down Fabiani for pointing out flaws in the proposal, but no one has shown anything that his concerns aren't without merit..And the only people that truly need to be convinced are the NFL and the owners. If the other owners agree with them, then that's really all that matters.

I have heard the "letter" sounded just like Charger Front man's Fabiani's words, and it wasn't on NFL letterhead..AND I believe that I heard the NFL denies tghe letter....Sounds to me like Fabiani trying to direct public opinion

http://www.mighty1090.com/episode/scott-and-br-uncensored-podcast-sileo-chargers-stadium/

Scott and BR are off with the Padres in New York. Today they discuss the city’s meeting with Eric Grubman and the NFL. They also talk about the anonymous letter from an NFL executive that Dan Sileo read on air Tuesday with John Gennaro. Was it written by Mark Fabiani? They seem to think so until Sileo joins them in studio and madness ensues.

Sileo admits the letter came from Fabiani. Wow that sounds like a classy move by the front man for the universally loved Spanos.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Sileo admits the letter came from Fabiani. Wow that sounds like a classy move by the front man for the universally loved Spanos.

That's pretty bad, honestly if I was the NFL and it's true he wrote it under the guise it was them, I would be pretty livid.

ramfaninsd

UDFA
Oakland isn't refusing - he can't do it on his own and the city has notoriously refused to use public money. The Oakland mayor has said this thousands of times

San Diego's issue isn't so much money as it is the legal loopholes and time line - they've never had anything resembling a decent proposal in the past 15 years and this last one has done NOTHING to change that notion.

And I have not seen anything saying that letter is fake. It wouldn't surprise me either if the NFL sent that letter...People tear down Fabiani for pointing out flaws in the proposal, but no one has shown anything that his concerns aren't without merit..And the only people that truly need to be convinced are the NFL and the owners. If the other owners agree with them, then that's really all that matters.
Falcouner has said he never got the letter, still a lot of intrigue around it though...

i read that letter and when i got to the notes i couldn't stop laughing. no way that was from the nfl!

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
And do you think that is all that is spent on going to a game? Certainly not even close to an NFL game but even still, there are entertainment dollars taken from the pool. I have never seen how MLS is any kind of benefit to the NFL or the Rams. Easier to justify a stadium? Sure. A benefit to our team or its owner? Don't see it.

And I'm really not trying to make any kind of an issue out of it. Inglewood is supposedly being set up for soccer as well. I just don't see how having it in St Louis would be a good thing as far as the NFL is concerned. Quite the contrary if you ask me.

Personally, I think the MLS only helps Peacock and the politicians sell the stadium to the public - not to Stan.

Peacock is quoted as saying that the NFL told him that if he can get the stadium built that the city would control it's own destiny with the team. So if the MLS helps sell the stadium, then it helps keep the NFL in STL. I'm not saying that it would help the NFL directly. I'm only looking at getting the stadium built at this point. I guess I hadn't made that point clearer, for that I'm sorry.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Peacock is quoted as saying that the NFL told him that if he can get the stadium built that the city would control it's own destiny with the team. So if the MLS helps sell the stadium, then it helps keep the NFL in STL. I'm not saying that it would help the NFL directly. I'm only looking at getting the stadium built at this point. I guess I hadn't made that point clearer, for that I'm sorry.

That kind of goes back to, what else would the NFL say? Work on the stadium and maybe we'll stay? They want every city to get as far as they can because they want options, and it gives them options. They wont tell anyone to stop working, but they'll happily tell them no if it comes down to it. If you ask the NFL who is scarier to them, a pissed off owner or a pissed off city, 99% of the time they probably say owner.

MrMotes

Starter
so he then passes it off as being from the nfl, if i am his boss, he's fired!

He stopped just short of saying it was from Fabiani but he did say it was from The Chargers. Describing the letter as being from the NFL when it was from The Chargers is pretty shady. Though i think, maybe, Sileo thinks he's about to hang Fabiani in a lie with his little reuse, guess we'll know more Friday...

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip

That was a statement from Peacock not the NFL or their pointman Grubman. Grubman said that even if a stadium is built in St Louis the Rams could still leave. The only way an MLS team would actually play in a football stadium is if the NFL owner owns the team but even then it's a long shot.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
He stopped just short of saying it was from Fabiani but he did say it was from The Chargers. Describing the letter as being from the NFL when it was from The Chargers is pretty shady. Though i think, maybe, Sileo thinks he's about to hang Fabiani in a lie with his little reuse, guess we'll know more Friday...
Typical Fabiani he used Dan Rather during Clinton's presidency and the Gore campaign to put out fake stories so why not do it in SD except Sileo is on Dan Rather.

Spanos knew what he was getting when he hired him. Fabiani wrote a whole book about so no one should be suprised

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
sileo or fabiani?
Fabiani.

Masters of Disaster: The Ten Commandments of Damage Control

Whether you're a politician caught with his pants down, an investment bank accused of accounting improprieties, or even a family-owned restaurant with a lousy Yelp review, a crisis doesn't have to be the make-or-break moment of your career. Correctly managed, even the most embarrassing "reply all" can quickly become a thing of the past. In Masters of Disaster, Christopher Lehane and Mark Fabiani, reveal the magic formula you need to take control when it's your turn to be sucked into the vortex of the modern spin cycle. Covering the ten commandments of damage control, and based on their work for clients like Bill Clinton, Goldman Sachs and Hollywood studios, the authors outline the strategies that can make real time news alerts, Twitter trend lines and viral videos work for you rather against you. Full of both lively personal anecdotes and hard-knuckled straight talk, this is a must-read for anyone who wants to emerge with their reputation intact.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
That was a statement from Peacock not the NFL or their pointman Grubman.

So you're calling Peacock a liar?

The only way an MLS team would actually play in a football stadium is if the NFL owner owns the team but even then it's a long shot.

If you want to quote MLS rules, then you also know that they don't count for shit. They bend and change them at will to fit a certain agenda.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
That kind of goes back to, what else would the NFL say? Work on the stadium and maybe we'll stay? They want every city to get as far as they can because they want options, and it gives them options. They wont tell anyone to stop working, but they'll happily tell them no if it comes down to it. If you ask the NFL who is scarier to them, a pissed off owner or a pissed off city, 99% of the time they probably say owner.

So you're implying that the NFL would lie to Peacock just to keep him moving forward? Telling someone they control their own destiny is a little more than just giving him a shove to keep going.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
Seriously. No comment on an actual comment from the NFL. Peacock has also said the NFL has given no promises for keeping the Rams. The other problem is the market surveys which Peacock can't control and Grubman said that even with the financing in place a bad market survey could prevent the proposal from being approved

If you want to quote MLS rules, then you also know that they don't count for crap. They bend and change them at will to fit a certain agenda.
If that was the case the Zygi Wilf would have got the MLS franchise.

Last edited:

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
So you're implying that the NFL would lie to Peacock just to keep him moving forward? Telling someone they control their own destiny is a little more than just giving him a shove to keep going.

Go to the quotes from Grubman. The NFL has given no promises to anyone.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Wait a minute. Can you show me where he has said that? I think that is going a bit beyond what he said or was told by the NFL. I suppose if it is allowing that they won't be building anything if Stan doesn't agree to move the team into it but what you said here makes it look as if Stan wouldn't have a choice if they just build a stadium.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Come on man - really?

But can you show where Peacock said what you are saying he did? The part about them controlling their own destiny with the Rams if they build a stadium? I think that's a bit of an overstatement. I don't recall seeing it.

ramfaninsd

UDFA
Fabiani.

Masters of Disaster: The Ten Commandments of Damage Control

Whether you're a politician caught with his pants down, an investment bank accused of accounting improprieties, or even a family-owned restaurant with a lousy Yelp review, a crisis doesn't have to be the make-or-break moment of your career. Correctly managed, even the most embarrassing "reply all" can quickly become a thing of the past. In Masters of Disaster, Christopher Lehane and Mark Fabiani, reveal the magic formula you need to take control when it's your turn to be sucked into the vortex of the modern spin cycle. Covering the ten commandments of damage control, and based on their work for clients like Bill Clinton, Goldman Sachs and Hollywood studios, the authors outline the strategies that can make real time news alerts, Twitter trend lines and viral videos work for you rather against you. Full of both lively personal anecdotes and hard-knuckled straight talk, this is a must-read for anyone who wants to emerge with their reputation intact.

i meant sileo should be fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.