New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecoconuts

Legend
So what if Kroenke announces the move, and the whole team just refuses to move? Like, "okay guys, let's go" "No Stan, this is where we belong. Find another team to move". And they just stand in the locker room and don't come out until he changes his mind? I'm half serious by the way.

I don't think they can do that, it'd breach their contract. So if that did happen, the team wouldn't stay in St Louis, it would fold temporarily and they'd probably do something similar to an expansion draft.

Athletes typically don't have loyalty to where they currently play, they typically move on to other cities and teams, so it doesn't make sense that they'd put their foot down over that. Either way, it wouldn't be " we're staying here to play!" Because they wouldn't be in the league anymore, because the team would still be in LA.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Sorta lol I'm just wondering what would happen if everyone was just like "freak you Stan, you go to LA". I mean, I would haha
That's like saying someone got traded and didn't want to play in that city. You either play and get paid or remain a free agent.

Guarantee 99.9% of players would rather get paid $$$$.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I don't buy that the Chargers want to stay in San Diego - I think they want to move just as bad as Kroenke.

I think they only want to move because they don't want another team poaching their fans in Southern, CA (orange county). Spanos has stated he wants to stay in San Diego, but they're going to have to make it worth it for him.

iced

I think they only want to move because they don't want another team poaching their fans in Southern, CA. Spanos has stated he wants to stay in San Diego, but they're going to have to make it worth it for him.

At the same token, he's also said if Kroenke hadn't made a push for LA then he wouldn't have to. And the fact that they have Carson set up so they can still move without the raiders is telling...And now they've gotten even more aggressive in getting Carson done with their latest hiring to spearhead the movement..

The moment Stan started pushing, Carson became option 1

bluecoconuts

Legend
At the same token, he's also said if Kroenke hadn't made a push for LA then he wouldn't have to. And the fact that they have Carson set up so they can still move without the raiders is telling...And now they've gotten even more aggressive in getting Carson done with their latest hiring to spearhead the movement..

I'd say you're both correct.

Spanos would rather stay in San Diego, but as soon as Kroenke decided to go for it, Carson became option 1. Not because he wants LA that bad, he had plenty of time and never made a move, but because if LA isn't open, he wants a piece of it.

Raiders are a more attractive partner than the Rams because he probably feels he can dominate the market and have more fans with the Raiders vs the Rams.

If Kroenke hadn't made his move, I don't think Carson is an option.

iced

Spanos would rather stay in San Diego, but as soon as Kroenke decided to go for it, Carson became option 1. Not because he wants LA that bad, he had plenty of time and never made a move, but because if LA isn't open, he wants a piece of it.

Raiders are a more attractive partner than the Rams because he probably feels he can dominate the market and have more fans with the Raiders vs the Rams.

I think there's more issues at hand than just "have more fans" - revenue splits, not having to pay rent, etc. And not to mention I can't imagine being fond of wanting to work with the guy who's forcing your hand - of course there's the "unwillingness to do a deal with him" murmurs

but yea - Kroenke forced Spanos's hand imo

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think there's more issues at hand than just "have more fans" - revenue splits, not having to pay rent, etc. And not to mention I can't imagine being fond of wanting to work with the guy who's forcing your hand - of course there's the "unwillingness to do a deal with him" murmurs

but yea - Kroenke forced Spanos's hand imo

Yeah, I mean if he had the same deal with the Rams as the Raiders, they're splitting and he won't be a tenant, etc, I think he'd rather work with the Raiders.

Vinnie was saying that there are murmurs behind the scenes that the Raiders aren't a good option in LA, he doesn't know if that'll hold them back, but there are murmurs. I think Spanos knows that, and see's the chance to make more money.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I don't think they wanted to be shut out of LA, that's why they pushed for Carson and included the Raiders which was a smart move. Who knows? But I'm glad you posted Farmer at the very minimum it's nice to know there is still some professionalism left for certain journalist.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
So Hacksaw is this to file for relocation or is she saying the vote will be had and it has been decided?
hey goose. How are you man?

The buzz I'm hearing through Facebook and other back door channels I have is that if San Diego can strike a deal the Rams may announce in August. I wouldn't lose sleep over that one yet..

Big Willie

Starter
I heard Vinnie on the radio earlier, he was saying he thinks they vote in a way that makes all three owners happy, and importantly doesn't screw over any of them. He thinks it'll be Rams and Chargers in Inglewood, because they want LA more and it they don't get it, they are probably screwed in their current markets, unless Stan says he wants the Riverfront stadium. He says its too early to make calls, but feels that's what happens, and the league tells Davis they'll work to help him out as much as they can with whatever he wants to do.
They owners get what they want....but the fans in two, possibly three, of the incumbent cities get screwed.... That's about right!

Big Willie

Starter
Game of Stadiums, starring:

Tavon Austin as Tyrion
Stan Kroenke as Little Finger
Tom Brady as King Jeoffrey
LA as King's landing
St.Louis as Winterfell
Oakland....well..north of the wall
And Rodger Goodell as...Hodor..
I guess that means the fans of St Louis are the Starks...bloodied by the back stabbing of people who tell you one thing and then do another.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@DailyNewsVinny: Re: report about #NFL announcement of #Rams to LA in August. I'm being told at highest levels possible it is not to be taken seriously.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
EDIT (Sorry. I've been slammed at work. I haven't read a page since this AM and I'm 4 pages back so I was way be behind.)

Last edited:

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
Why though? I mean they can't file, the only thing would be to kill St Louis' spirits, and drive down attendance. Seems weird to me, I don't think I buy that one.
Agreed, only reporting what I heard. She is tight in SD circles but it seems totally counterproductive and unnecessary to me. Why now (Aug)? There is nothing to gain.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD

Sam Farmers report was solid. The point (I believe Den brought up) about all 3 teams playing in their 2nd choice location if Carson happens is a very solid point. And the other point about the league possibly working to get two of the teams to work something out prior to a vote so that the 3rd team won't be publicly humiliated, along with losing leverage iagainst the home city who is PO'ed because of the LA thing which is now gone.

SD and Oak's pressure response for LA poisoned all 3 teams home markets. Not to the extent ESK did in StL but now somebody is going to be left out.

I bet the league do talk Davis into sitting tight and giving the 90305 the nod for DS to follow in a few if not sooner.

http://www.mighty1090.com/episode/s...hy-carson-isnt-a-bluff-carmen-policys-hiring/

Last edited:

Big Willie

Starter
Agreed, only reporting what I heard. She is tight in SD circles but it seems totally counterproductive and unnecessary to me. Why now (Aug)? There is nothing to gain.
Preemptive strike. If they announce they are going to LA, it kills the STL market, forces the NFL to acquiesce, and ensures they are first to the LA market. It's a brilliant move if all you care about is money.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Preemptive strike. If they announce they are going to LA, it kills the STL market, forces the NFL to acquiesce, and ensures they are first to the LA market. It's a brilliant move if all you care about is money.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
I never thought of it that way. hmmmm

But in a sense he is going rogue by doing that. He's essentially saying 'up your vote'. Who know's, perhaps the league would prefer that so not to be perceived as the bad guy when turning someone back.

Status
Not open for further replies.