New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
Carson mayor confirmed that a member, Gloria, filed a letter to the Department of Finance.

The letter was about Carson losing out on millions of dollars by forgiving the debt that Carson Maketetplace owed the city (to go to the schools).

He confirmed that the city was supposed to get 3 million owed by Carson Marketplace (who owned the land before they gave it to the Chargers), but he said the Chargers agreed to pay that money instead.

He said that Gloria is from Inglewood, but Fred challenged him on that, saying she doesn't represent the Inglewood project, and he agreed that she doesn't, because she is an LA County official.

The mayor then says she is biased and he believes she is just trying to undermine Carson because she likes Inglewood more, so there's no basis or merit to the letter.

Fred said that she holds multiple positions, and is pretty well respected and doesn't buy that she is simply acting out of spite. He also warns the Carson mayor about his choice of words because they were pretty harsh, because she probably takes her job pretty seriously.

Carson mayor then says he doesn't believe it'll slow or delay the project, but something else could always come up (which was weird to say in my opinion).

I'm thinking it'll probably be a lot of nothing. Fred said he'll be contacting the Department of Finance later to see what they say.

It is interesting that Robles said pretty much the same thing about the harassment suit. It's either that he's made some enemies or that could be something to both of these issues. I kind of think the enemies thing may be whats going on.

iced

This reads like the script of a terrible soap opera, with Stan playing the role of an unscrupulous land baron and the NFL starring as the greedy business owner who speaks out of both sides of his mouth. Add some sex, murder and improbable conclusions (those are coming) and you have the making of a hit series.

Game of Stadiums, starring:

Tavon Austin as Tyrion
Stan Kroenke as Little Finger
Tom Brady as King Jeoffrey
LA as King's landing
St.Louis as Winterfell
Oakland....well..north of the wall
And Rodger Goodell as...Hodor..

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Game of Stadiums, starring:

Tavon Austin as Tyrion
Stan Kroenke as Little Finger
Tom Brady as King Jeoffrey
LA as King's landing
St.Louis as Winterfell
Oakland....well..north of the wall
And Rodger Goodell as...Hodor..

I'll take Peacock as Varys. Minus the whole eunuch thing.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I heard Vinnie on the radio earlier, he was saying he thinks they vote in a way that makes all three owners happy, and importantly doesn't screw over any of them. He thinks it'll be Rams and Chargers in Inglewood, because they want LA more and it they don't get it, they are probably screwed in their current markets, unless Stan says he wants the Riverfront stadium. He says its too early to make calls, but feels that's what happens, and the league tells Davis they'll work to help him out as much as they can with whatever he wants to do.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Maybe that's a more fitting role for brady post #deflategate

The mindset of the character doesn't fit though. Varys is trying to save the throne. Brady would burn that mother down for a super bowl ring.

iced

The mindset of the character doesn't fit though. Varys is trying to save the throne. Brady would burn that mother down for a super bowl ring.

true - I was just going from the eunich angle :D

oooohhhh...

Rams fans as Theon Grey Joy
NFL as Ramsay Snow

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
So what if Kroenke announces the move, and the whole team just refuses to move? Like, "okay guys, let's go" "No Stan, this is where we belong. Find another team to move". And they just stand in the locker room and don't come out until he changes his mind? I'm half serious by the way.

Moostache

Rookie
So what if Kroenke announces the move, and the whole team just refuses to move? Like, "okay guys, let's go" "No Stan, this is where we belong. Find another team to move". And they just stand in the locker room and don't come out until he changes his mind? I'm half serious by the way.
I'm pretty sure that as soon as he said "...or else I won't pay any of you." that things would end pretty quick. LOL!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I'm pretty sure that as soon as he said "...or else I won't pay any of you." that things would end pretty quick. LOL!
Yeah but, he doesn't write their pay checks. The NFL does. Plus he would have to find a whole new team. I'm actually wondering on what the policy of this is.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Sorta lol I'm just wondering what would happen if everyone was just like "freak you Stan, you go to LA". I mean, I would haha

Now that would be humerous and it's not like a company relocation because they just find other employees, but seriously and I mean no disrespect, but what athlete young and making a great money would say no to tinsel town?

Now Duluth Minnesota? You might have something there, but I doubt they would say no and I'm sure there is something in the CBA that speaks to relocation.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Now that would be humerous and it's not like a company relocation because they just find other employees, but seriously and I mean no disrespect, but what athlete young and making a great money would say no to tinsel town?

Now Duluth Minnesota? You might have something there, but I doubt they would say no and I'm sure there is something in the CBA that speaks to relocation.
I understand that. No offense taken at all. Like I said, I'm like half joking. But, it would be interested if one or two guys didn't go because they either are from STL or just don't want to go to LA.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

iced

Farmer a straight shooter and I enjoyed this, great analogy about how reporters work nowadays with the head/tails example. But he stated that if the Raiders & Chargers ended up in Los Angeles and the Rams in St. Louis, he said you have three teams playing in their 2nd option.

I don't buy that the Chargers want to stay in San Diego - I think they want to move just as bad as Kroenke.

Status
Not open for further replies.