New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
What do you mean this person is gone? And, why did you have to highlight the last word? Are you calling that poster a four letter word?
Because the guy who was throwing off the whole thing and got banned went by the username Dick84. Hence, I highlighted the word dick lol

iced

Yeah, its definitely not a bad loan, I'm more playing devils advocate and thinking about possible reasons Stan may use to leave.

I'm pretty split down the middle on if they stay or not. I want them to stay, but I don't know if they do. Where I differ from most on the "want them to stay" side is that I think Stan would like to move, and would move if he can. I.E. I don't feel LA is simply a leverage ploy.

If he actually does or not, I don't know, we won't know until they vote.

based on everything he did to get them here, what he first said about keeping the team here, how Stl has responded, and given the other fact that other cities just happen to pony up after a threat, i think a lot of it is leverage. This is how the NFL has used LA the past 10 years (Which isn't fair to LA fans, it's just the nature of how they've been conducting business)

bluecoconuts

Legend
based on everything he did to get them here, what he first said about keeping the team here, how Stl has responded, and given the other fact that other cities just happen to pony up after a threat, i think a lot of it is leverage. This is how the NFL has used LA the past 10 years (Which isn't fair to LA fans, it's just the nature of how they've been conducting business)

Yeah, it's hard to get a read on him, it just doesn't seem that way to me, but everyone reads things differently. He just seems to quietly plug away at LA, so I get the sense he wants it. Again, who knows how it plays out.

Wherever they play it doesn't matter to me really. There's about an 80% chance in a few years I'll be in either Hawaii or Switzerland anyway. I have family in LA and property in St Louis, so as long as its one of those two places I'm happy, that's if I ever visit during the season and have time to see a game.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
Kroenke backdoored his way into ownership. He teamed up with Shaw and Co to get a deal done there. He is from there so he was aware that the ED was bleeding into the water. Just like any good shark he attacked. That play got him first refusal and full ownership of a NFL team.
Now he's apparently looking to expand from there. Nothing against StL that I'm sure he cares for, just a better opportunity to do what he does best, make more money. Shrewd dude.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Because the guy who was throwing off the whole thing and got banned went by the username Dick84. Hence, I highlighted the word dick lol

What did he do to get banned? He told someone that if you don't like what I write, don't read it. I happen to agree with that poster and his thoughts, are you going to ban me? CGI told the gut that his words were clutter. If someone said that to me I would probably respond the same way. He never called out anyone or called anyone a name, but you took the opportunity to do it. I don't think that is right.

iced

Kroenke backdoored his way into ownership. He teamed up with Shaw and Co to get a deal done there. He is from there so he was aware that the ED was bleeding into the water. Just like any good shark he attacked. That play got him first refusal and full ownership of a NFL team.
Now he's apparently looking to expand from there. Nothing against StL that I'm sure he cares for, just a better opportunity to do what he does best, make more money. Shrewd dude.

don't become a billionaire by playing nice lol

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
What did he do to get banned? He told someone that if you don't like what I write, don't read it. I happen to agree with that poster and his thoughts, are you going to ban me? CGI told the gut that his words were clutter. If someone said that to me I would probably respond the same way. He never called out anyone or called anyone a name, but you took the opportunity to do it. I don't think that is right.
I was joking. Sorry if you took it wrong. I could probably quote 3 or 4 of his posts of him derailing the poster instead of the post itself. But I'm not going to argue about this. I hope to talk to you about the stadium situation and just that brother.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

8to12 -

Dick was on our radar very early. Please feel free to count the posts in which he stated "he knew what Stan wants to do".

That is clutter.

He does NOT know what Stan intends to do.

It was not productive to THIS conversation.

I am not going to allow any member to derail the spirit of this thread, and this board, because that's the road said member was taking it.

Legatron was just repeating what I said. Direct the frustration at me, not him.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have no clue about what Dick84 said here on this thread, yet he and I both were banned by the PD....Apparently, it's ok to be rude and hateful (over there)unless you post an opinion contrary to the majority..To this day, I have no clue why I was banned, except that I have an opinion that says the Rams will move the team to LA, but that I wished they wouldn't...I like the Riverfront Stadium and think it would totally change that part of blighted riverfront property...

But the Trolls only heard "Move to LA" and nothing else. Dick84 was a little more sarcastic than me, but he lasted a 2 weeks longer!;) (PD)
They have cleared house over this issue, when racist and otherwise horrific posts go unnoticed in the different forums there.....

Last edited:

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Last I heard it's all owned by the Stadium Authority/City, and that's who gets to profit from it. I remember when they were first discussing things, that was one of the selling points for using public funds, that they would get all that extra stuff. It stuck with me, because the initial plan sounded like they were compensating for getting bent over the table 20 years ago, and trying to bend Stan some, and I thought it wasn't a good move. I'll have to look when I get home tonight to see if I can find an old article there, but it seemed to indicate almost all revenue generated from the stadium went to the city.

That was just from the numbers from the article that you posted. It's probably less now because they took the county out of it, so 350 might be closer than not.

Right now he does, with the sweetheart deal. He doesn't get that with the riverfront, at least not at this point to my understanding.

Well yeah, that's what 50/50 means. Which is better than what a lot of reporters are saying, including St Louis reporters with numbers closer to 40% they stay, 60% they leave.
FYI, Jim Thomas has stated that he has his odds at 40/60 based on the funding alone. He said if the funding gets done, he thinks the chances the Rams stay will be above 50%.

RamBill

Legend
Bernie: Why Rams fans should buy tickets
• By Bernie Miklasz

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colu...cle_d33e1ab2-c54a-597a-8aa4-76a101a2a322.html

Rams executive Kevin Demoff is making the sports-radio rounds to remind everyone that tickets are on sale for 2015 home games.

Understandably some will laugh at this, or maybe growl, or perhaps let loose with flying invective. Why support Stan Kroenke? Why support an owner who wants to take his team away from STL, and the fans. Why buy tickets from an owner who doesn't even show customers the basic, minimal respect of communicating with them? It's a terrible situation, and I don't blame anyone for feeling ticked off, alienated, demoralized, etc.

But there are reasons why it makes sense to buy Rams tickets — even if you have to hold your nose while completing the transaction.

And if it's any consolation, I'll be buying tickets to some home games this season. It's your money so do as you please, but this is why I think you should buck up:

1. Because Dave Peacock and Bob Blitz need you to. The STL stadium task force is not only trying to secure funding for a new stadium (and they're close), but Peacock is also serving as an ambassador, working high-level league executives and owners to reinforce the case of why this city deserves to belong in the NFL. And while NFL people understand the severity of the mess that Kroenke has created here, a lot of empty seats won't help the pro-STL marketing effort.

2. Along the same lines, a half-filled venue will only provide easy talking points for the hopelessly lazy, idiotic media narrative that St. Louis is a "baseball town" that doesn't support NFL football. So if you want to feed that moronic perception, then go ahead. You'll be doing EXACTLY what the anti-STL snots want you to do. They win. But if this place is full, or mostly filled, with fans?

Let's see: A dull venue for home games ... a losing team for 11 consecutive seasons ... no playoff appearances since 2004 ... second-worst NFL record over the last decade ... an owner trying to build a stadium in Los Angeles to move his franchise and betray his home state ... an owner who goes out of his way to alienate fans and sabotage ticket sales ...

And St. Louis still posts up with good crowds for home games? For what may be a lame-duck franchise?

That will shut up some of the dolts.

3. When you buy tickets, it hurts Kroenke and will tick him off. A filled Edward Jones Dome stadium works against him when he tries to make the case for moving.

4. Unsold tickets will make Kroenke very, very, very happy. It just gives him another chance to go to his fellow owners to say, "See? St. Louis just doesn't like pro football very much." So if you want Enos Stanley Kroenke to smile and fist-bump Demoff, then don't buy Rams tickets. Go on, make Stan's day. He'll appreciate your non-support and use it against us.

4a. No disrespect intended here, but do you really think you're hurting Kroenke by boycotting the ticket window? The guy is one of the wealthiest people in the world, a multi-billionaire, and that doesn't even include his wife's fortune. Kroenke won't exactly be forced to sign up for a food-stamp program if he doesn't receive your ticket dollars. I think he'd manage to survive.

5. You don't go to a game to root for an owner. You go to games to root for the players — supporting Robert Quinn and Aaron Donald and Nick Foles and E.J. Gaines and Tre Mason and Chris Long and T.J. McDonald and James Laurinaitis and all the rest. Don't take out your Kroenke frustration on the players. You go to games to cheer for a team that represents your town. Civic pride and all of that. If you are a fan of a certain age, you root for the Rams because their "Greatest Show" era delivered two NFC Championships, a Super Bowl victory and one of the more exciting offenses in NFL history. And those memories still grip you. You you don't want to give up on the dream that it can happen again.

6. The NFL is watching, trying to see how the market will respond to a strange set of circumstances for this 2015 season.

7. No one knows how this chariot race to LA will work out for the Rams, Raiders and Chargers. But if the Rams head to Los Angeles, it doesn't mean St. Louis will lose. Because at least one of the "losing" teams will be in need of a new home, and that new home wouldn't be in California. So when you buy tickets, you'll help make a positive impression on an NFL owner that could be eyeing STL as a potential destination.

8. Buying tickets and going to home games is good for the local economy. Yes, it really is. Not only for the tax revenue it provides, but for the downtown businesses and employees that depend on football crowds (and all sporting crowds) for revenue.

9. Because it's still NFL football. And home-game days are fun, even with a bad or mediocre team. The tailgating. The fellowship. The feeling that we're all in this together — and that we'll persevere and keep enjoying the chance to hang out, maintain a positive outlook and make the best of the experience. A united front can be powerful. It's easy to be a front-runner and show up during happy times. Fans that stick together in loyalty to a lousy team are a special tribe. And it's fun to be a part of.

10. Because when you buy tickets and come on down to The Ed, you'll be able to look toward the North Riverfront, which is right across the way, and envision the new stadium and the brighter future that it represents. You will know that better days are ahead ... and that you are doing your part to make that happen. When you buy tickets, you are not only doing it not only for the present, but you are investing in the future.

That's all I got.

Feel free to add your own reasons.

Thanks for reading ...

— Bernie

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

I can't speak for the mods as the the real reasons for Dick84, but it has nothing to do with opinion. If I talk down to you and say shit like "I'll take with people that can comprehend my posts", would you like it? And if you do it often enough, yeah you'll likely get banned. But most likely you'll get some warning first.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Bottom line, the mods have said repeatedly that we shouldn't state anything about this issue as if it is indeed a fact. Dick decided to say he "knows" Stan wants to move repeatedly in a bunch of different posts. Then, when a mod tells him to stop he gets smart and tells that mod to not read his posts. Guess what? I would have banned his ass too. Whether we like it or not, the mods have set the ground rules and we must abide by them or get the fuck out. If someone comes in my house and says something I don't care much for I will let them know. If they start to talk shit, then they gotta go.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Bottom line, the mods have said repeatedly that we shouldn't state anything about this issue as if it is indeed a fact. Dick decided to say he "knows" Stan wants to move repeatedly in a bunch of different posts. Then, when a mod tells him to stop he gets smart and tells that mod to not read his posts. Guess what? I would have banned his ass too. Whether we like it or not, the mods have set the ground rules and we must abide by them or get the freak out. If someone comes in my house and says something I don't care much for I will let them know. If they start to talk crap, then they gotta go.

Thanks for your input. I understand a little bit better.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
8to12 -

Dick was on our radar very early. Please feel free to count the posts in which he stated "he knew what Stan wants to do".

That is clutter.

He does NOT know what Stan intends to do.

It was not productive to THIS conversation.

I am not going to allow any member to derail the spirit of this thread, and this board, because that's the road said member was taking it.

Legatron was just repeating what I said. Direct the frustration at me, not him.

I respect the decision you made and action you took. However, I have a couple of thoughts..

1) how could the poster know you're a moderator ? I didn't know you are a moderator. How come you have no ID by your screen name?

2) How come you took to name calling if you're acting as a moderator? You stooped to lower level than the poster.

3) I know he was overbearing regarding the "Knowing what Stan wants".... but he never claimed to know what Stan intends to do.
Dick84 "There are questions about how this ends up. There's no question that Stan wants to move."

Thanks for reading....

bluecoconuts

Legend
FYI, Jim Thomas has stated that he has his odds at 40/60 based on the funding alone. He said if the funding gets done, he thinks the chances the Rams stay will be above 50%.

Well yeah, if the funding gets done then Kroenke has agreed to throw in his half, I would hope the Rams would stay.;)

bluecoconuts

Legend
I respect the decision you made and action you took. However, I have a couple of thoughts..

1) how could the poster know you're a moderator ? I didn't know you are a moderator. How come you have no ID by your screen name?

2) How come you took to name calling if you're acting as a moderator? You stooped to lower level than the poster.

3) I know he was overbearing regarding the "Knowing what Stan wants".... but he never claimed to know what Stan intends to do.
Dick84 "There are questions about how this ends up. There's no question that Stan wants to move."

Thanks for reading....

Not that I have any say in the matter, but it might be better to PM him directly, that way it's private. Typically it's better to gripe to mods in private rather than public. You can also contact another moderator such as @RamFan503 who has been pretty active and attentive in this thread making sure everything it as smooth as possible if you wish.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I have no clue about what Dick84 said here on this thread, yet he and I both were banned by the PD....Apparently, it's ok to be rude and hateful (over there)unless you post an opinion contrary to the majority..To this day, I have no clue why I was banned, except that I have an opinion that says the Rams will move the team to LA, but that I wished they wouldn't...I like the Riverfront Stadium and think it would totally change that part of blighted riverfront property...

But the Trolls only heard "Move to LA" and nothing else. Dick84 was a little more sarcastic than me, but he lasted a 2 weeks longer!;) (PD)
They have cleared house over this issue, when racist and otherwise horrific posts go unnoticed in the different forums there.....

I think Bernie is running moderation on the Rams board now. Don't quote me on that, it's an educated guess because I've seen quite frequent posts by him in some of the threads over the past 2 weeks.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

Thanks for reading....

Here's the deal, and I'm not a mod or anything, this is just an observation as a poster.

Don't join this site just to toe the line in the relocation thread. If you step over the line as a new member, you're not going to get as much latitude based on history.
As far as Dick goes, he did say he knew what stan wants, I quoted one of them a few pages back. He might not have come out and said, "This is what Stan wants." But, from the wording of his post that's exactly what he was doing. If you want to last long here, you gotta think about what you're going to say.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Bernie is running moderation on the Rams board now. Don't quote me on that, it's an educated guess because I've seen quite frequent posts by him in some of the threads over the past 2 weeks.
Well ,that makes a lot of sense, since I critiqued an article that he had written and that he had no credibility..POOF..I was banned and the many pages thread was gone..I wrote Mike Smith, and got nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.