New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
That's my one other question is who's to say they won't move again in 20 years? I don't understand the whole lease situation it just seems like a way for the NFL to make money if a team isn't selling tickets and can relocate them. I understand the Rams were in LA longer but I can't picture them having too much of a fan base there anymore. It's gunna be a bunch of bandwagon fans who really haven't paid attention to the team at all since leaving. My buddy is a Kings fan and he says when they're bad nobody shows up to games. What happens if the Rams have a 3-13 record and only 40k show up to a stadium that holds 80k? It just seems LA fans are notorious for only showing up when the team is winning. Which is why I don't get how the city has so much leverage. What has changed in 20 years?

V3

Hall of Fame
nothing personal V3, but what you say doesn't make any sense to me.

The Rams love you back? How? They are a professional sports franchise. They are a business. They only care about selling tickets, selling jerseys, concessions, etc. They don't care about you, the individual. If you don't buy tickets and jerseys, someone else will.

When Georgia moved the team to St Louis in '95 many of us in Calif. were pissed. What we realized after the move was that we root for the players wearing the Horns and the blue & gold uniforms ; we don't root for the owner.
By giving back to the community, adding to the economy, local jobs, etc. Once they move, St. Louis won't get any of that. If they don't want to help my neighbors, why should I continue to help them? It's business, remember?

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
The players don't love you any more than the owners do. Rooting for a team that moves to another city is a completely foreign concept to me. I understand that people do, but I don't understand why.
If they move, that cooler September morning you go to crank up some NFL football on D-TV. You switch from game to game and then you come across a channel that mesmerizes you with the swirling horns on the field. That day you'll feel bitterness followed by asking yourself the question, 'self, why am I drawn to this game more than the others'? Answer, you're a disappointed StL fan who is also a Rams fan. It's not the same but it's not so bad.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
The players don't love you any more than the owners do. Rooting for a team that moves to another city is a completely foreign concept to me. I understand that people do, but I don't understand why.

No, the players probably don't. But then again, I never said they did. I only said that I root for them. However, some ex-Rams that I have met appreciate the support of being in the stands and cheering for them on Sundays.

And, I understand we may never see eye to eye about our fandom. I love the Rams unconditionally. I love them for who they are and not where they play. I will never be able to relate to someone who can root for any team that just happens to play their home games in that city.

RAMbler

UDFA
Screw that, I'm not supporting someone who decided to screw over his team's fans to make an extra dollar and would just as happily screw over his own mother if it made him 2. I'm happy for you to support him though.

If you're a St Louis Rams fan, that's pretty much what you've been supporting for the last 20 years.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
If they move, that cooler September morning you go to crank up some NFL football on D-TV. You switch from game to game and then you come across a channel that mesmerizes you with the swirling horns on the field. That day you'll feel bitterness followed by asking yourself the question, 'self, why am I drawn to this game more than the others'? Answer, you're a disappointed StL fan who is also a Rams fan. It's not the same but it's not so bad.

Great way to describe what it's like to watch the Horns from afar. It's just a different kind of love for your team when you have to catch them on the tube. Forums like this make it so much better as a fan in a different city than the team plays in. I feel very connected to the St. Louis Rams through the knowledgeable fans on this forum. Some of the most well informed fans aren't even in the STL area IMO. We all just have that love for the Rams and that's what I like the most about this place.

RAMbler

UDFA

That's because to us, its all about the Horns..... and that's it. Would we like them at home. Absolutely. But will follow the horns where ever they go. Players come & go. Owners die or sell. And teams sometimes move. But the Horns remain.

RAMS FOREVER!

bluecoconuts

Legend
My buddy is a Kings fan and he says when they're bad nobody shows up to games

Your buddy is wrong, Kings have always had a solid fanbase, and we showed up even when they sucked. They didn't sell out every game, but they still showed up and we still sold out more often than not. The current sellout streak in LA started before 2012, a season where we fired our coach in December and thought we were done. There's more bandwagon fans now obviously, the the loyal fanbase has always been there. I've gone to games every season since I moved to the states, the good years and bad. Rabid Kings fans have always been there.

RAMbler

UDFA
That's my one other question is who's to say they won't move again in 20 years? I don't understand the whole lease situation it just seems like a way for the NFL to make money if a team isn't selling tickets and can relocate them. I understand the Rams were in LA longer but I can't picture them having too much of a fan base there anymore. It's gunna be a bunch of bandwagon fans who really haven't paid attention to the team at all since leaving. My buddy is a Kings fan and he says when they're bad nobody shows up to games. What happens if the Rams have a 3-13 record and only 40k show up to a stadium that holds 80k? It just seems LA fans are notorious for only showing up when the team is winning. Which is why I don't get how the city has so much leverage. What has changed in 20 years?

You couldn't be more wrong about LA Ram fans.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
IMO, that name will never come to fruition...IMO, the way the NFL will be able to sell the Raiders franchise to the Gateway City is totally rename the team Ala the Ravens & Titans and allow the city of Oakland to keep the Raider name like the Houston Oilers.

That way the NFL gets more buy in from the Gateway City if the Raiders become the St. Louis Stallions for example or a name more synonymous with the Midwest then that would make the people of St. Louis feel they were no longer renting a team...As always JMHO.
Ugh, I never did like the St. Louis Stallions as a name. It sounds like one of those fake ass NFL wannabe teams from Any Given Sunday. What's next, Willie Beaman at QB?

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4

Maybe, but it certainly didn't happen that way when the Cardinals left.

Isiah58

UDFA
Screw that, I'm not supporting someone who decided to screw over his team's fans to make an extra dollar and would just as happily screw over his own mother if it made him 2. I'm happy for you to support him though.

If you rooted for the Rams anytime between 1995 -2008, then that's exactly what you did.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Ok we know we rooted for a team that screwed over their city's fan base. But considering LA fans are about to do the same let's just call it even and quit with the back and forth over the qualities of the fan bases. LA is getting the team because of Stan Kroenke desire to move and he makes money. LA lost the team for the same reason 20 years ago. The fan bases don't have shit to do with it.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Ok we know we rooted for a team that screwed over their city's fan base. But considering LA fans are about to do the same let's just call it even and quit with the back and forth over the qualities of the fan bases. LA is getting the team because of Stan Kroenke desire to move and he makes money. LA lost the team for the same reason 20 years ago. The fan bases don't have crap to do with it.
I can't make any promises but chances are they'll go back to the Lou in 20 years.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I can't make any promises but chances are they'll go back to the Lou in 20 years.

I wouldn't doubt it. But you never know. This could be Stallion/the team formerly known as the Raiders territory by then. You guys don't mind if we change the silver and black to blue and yellow do you?

bluecoconuts

Legend
I wouldn't doubt it. But you never know. This could be Stallion/the team formerly known as the Raiders territory by then. You guys don't mind if we change the silver and black to blue and yellow do you?

Purple and Gold!

Stallions.png

Status
Not open for further replies.