New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Whoever's a Rams fan now should stay a Rams fan even if they move to LA. They're going to play in the best stadium, more media coverage, more prime time games, better free agents etc. Overall they're going to be a premier team in the NFL and in the world.
No way, I'm a homer and I root for the teams from the city where I was born and raised.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I understand fans being upset. It's know different from what Georgia did to the fans in the mid 90's.
The Rams will be around longer than the current owner and us fans.
Owners and fans come and go.
It's odd to me to hate an owner, that did the same thing as the previous owner that was crowned a savior. That's just MO.
Some find it ok this upsets other fans of the same team, as long as it's not ourselves.

None of us have any control over this. We're all just fans.

If they move back to LA. Some fans will stop supporting the team. Some will have every intention of not supporting, but realize come game day, they still love the team.
Every man and woman will decide for themselves and we should all be ok with that.

The thing is a lot of us were too young to realize what was going on back then. As far as I was concerned, St. Louis was finally getting an NFL team. That's all I knew way back then.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
No way, I'm a homer and I root for the teams from the city where I was born and raised.
And I think it is interesting. I'm sure you know without me saying it again that I respect that type of fan. But I have to wonder how many LA Rams fans are still fans because they believed at some time, the Rams would be back in LA. I don't know but I suspect there are more than a few.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The thing is a lot of us were too young to realize what was going on back then. As far as I was concerned, St. Louis was finally getting an NFL team. That's all I knew way back then.
That makes sense. I'm 46 and remember it well.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
But you know the reality now - right? So does it make what Georgia did ok or more acceptable because you didn't realize it when it was happening?

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
But you know the reality now - right? So does it make what Georgia did ok or more acceptable because you didn't realize it when it was happening?
I do, but there isn't anything I can do about it now. If I was the age I am now back then I would feel really bad for the city of LA and in no way would I troll them. What gets to me more than anything right now is the fact that this city is willing to build the team another stadium within 25 years and if the financing gets completed there still is a decent chance that the owners will let Kroenke just skip on in to LA. If the team leaves because the city doesn't get the financing done and a stadium won't be built then that would ease the pain for me. It would still hurt, but I would understand that at least.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I do, but there isn't anything I can do about it now. If I was the age I am now back then I would feel really bad for the city of LA and in no way would I troll them. What gets to me more than anything right now is the fact that this city is willing to build the team another stadium within 25 years and if the financing gets completed there still is a decent chance that the owners will let Kroenke just skip on in to LA. If the team leaves because the city doesn't get the financing done and a stadium won't be built then that would ease the pain for me. It would still hurt, but I would understand that at least.
Yeah - I get yuh. What Georgia and Shaw did still irks a great many Rams fans. I've gotten over it but I know a lot of people who have not. Even though they are still Rams fans, they curse that witch every chance they get. Makes it difficult for me to point a finger at anyone for hating on Stan Kroenke if he takes their team away from their city.

We all get the NFL is a business BS. That doesn't make it any easier for fans of a city when they lose their team.

And St Louis Raiders? Can I just say - FUCK THAT!!!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yeah - I get yuh. What Georgia and Shaw did still irks a great many Rams fans. I've gotten over it but I know a lot of people who have not. Even though they are still Rams fans, they curse that witch every chance they get. Makes it difficult for me to point a finger at anyone for hating on Stan Kroenke if he takes their team away from their city.

We all get the NFL is a business BS. That doesn't make it any easier for fans of a city when they lose their team.

And St Louis Raiders? Can I just say - freak THAT!!!
I'm fine if the Rams stay in STL .
I would be ecstatic if the Chargers and Raiders shared a stadium in LA if this is the case.
It would more than likely mean one of those teams would have to switch divisions with Seattle. Sending Seattle back where they came from and giving the Rams at least 1 away game every year in LA.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I would be ecstatic if the Chargers and Raiders shared a stadium in LA if this is the case.
giphy.gif

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
No thanks. I'm not going to continue to love someone that doesn't love me back. To do so is pretty much stalking.

nothing personal V3, but what you say doesn't make any sense to me.

The Rams love you back? How? They are a professional sports franchise. They are a business. They only care about selling tickets, selling jerseys, concessions, etc. They don't care about you, the individual. If you don't buy tickets and jerseys, someone else will.

When Georgia moved the team to St Louis in '95 many of us in Calif. were pissed. What we realized after the move was that we root for the players wearing the Horns and the blue & gold uniforms ; we don't root for the owner.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4

If we lose the team I hope it's because of funding. Otherwise that would mean we were willing to build 2 stadiums in 20 years and lost our team to a city who is basically getting it for free. But that's business I guess.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
nothing personal V3, but what you say doesn't make any sense to me.

The Rams love you back? How? They are a professional sports franchise. They are a business. They only care about selling tickets, selling jerseys, concessions, etc. They don't care about you, the individual. If you don't buy tickets and jerseys, someone else will.

When Georgia moved the team to St Louis in '95 many of us in Calif. were pissed. What we realized after the move was that we root for the players wearing the Horns and the blue & gold uniforms ; we don't root for the owner.

The players don't love you any more than the owners do. Rooting for a team that moves to another city is a completely foreign concept to me. I understand that people do, but I don't understand why.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And St Louis Raiders? Can I just say - freak THAT!!!

IMO, that name will never come to fruition...IMO, the way the NFL will be able to sell the Raiders franchise to the Gateway City is totally rename the team Ala the Ravens & Titans and allow the city of Oakland to keep the Raider name like the Houston Oilers.

That way the NFL gets more buy in from the Gateway City if the Raiders become the St. Louis Stallions for example or a name more synonymous with the Midwest then that would make the people of St. Louis feel they were no longer renting a team...As always JMHO.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
The players don't love you any more than the owners do. Rooting for a team that moves to another city is a completely foreign concept to me. I understand that people do, but I don't understand why.
I want the Rams to be here in LA but if they come and and leave after 20 years I'll literally cry like how I did as a kid. It's a fuckedd up situation for the ppl in STL. No doubt about it.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
IMO, that name will never come to fruition...IMO, the way the NFL will be able to sell the Raiders franchise to the Gateway City is totally rename the team Ala the Ravens & Titans and allow the city of Oakland to keep the Raider name like the Houston Oilers.

That way the NFL gets more buy in from the Gateway City if the Raiders become the St. Louis Stallions for example or a name more synonymous with the Midwest then that would make the people of St. Louis feel they were no longer renting a team...As always JMHO.

I'm on board with that, but I don't think Mark Davis would be.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm on board with that, but I don't think Mark Davis would be.

I think after stone walled countless times in Oakland, IMO, playing in St. Louis in a new venue with a new start, IMO, Mark Davis will jump at the opportunity.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
And I think it is interesting. I'm sure you know without me saying it again that I respect that type of fan. But I have to wonder how many LA Rams fans are still fans because they believed at some time, the Rams would be back in LA. I don't know but I suspect there are more than a few.
Once a team leaves they stay left. Only in a case as odd as a team moving from a major market to a small one would you even get the notion that it could reverse itself. So sure the hope was always there in the beginning, but I really doubt anyone is a fan of this team because they might move back to LA. Especially after 20 years. The knowledge that they might though has certainly opened up those old wounds and got the attentions of 1000's of dormant LA Rams fans. Now hope has returned, but if they stay where we have all gotten used to them being, well,,, GO RAMS!

Status
Not open for further replies.