New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

myronjax

UDFA
Any updates from our guys on the coast regarding the Carson project..is it moving forward, or just dead in the water? This is, perhaps, the only thing that stops Kroenke from loading up the vans.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Whoever's a Rams fan now should stay a Rams fan even if they move to LA. They're going to play in the best stadium, more media coverage, more prime time games, better free agents etc. Overall they're going to be a premier team in the NFL and in the world.

V3

Hall of Fame
Whoever's a Rams fan now should stay a Rams fan even if they move to LA. They're going to play in the best stadium, more media coverage, more prime time games, better free agents etc. Overall they're going to be a premier team in the NFL and in the world.
No thanks. I'm not going to continue to love someone that doesn't love me back. To do so is pretty much stalking.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler

Screw that, I'm not supporting someone who decided to screw over his team's fans to make an extra dollar and would just as happily screw over his own mother if it made him 2. I'm happy for you to support him though.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
No thanks. I'm not going to continue to love someone that doesn't love me back. To do so is pretty much stalking.

Screw that, I'm not supporting someone who decided to screw over his team's fans to make an extra dollar and would just as happily screw over his own mother if it made him 2. I'm happy for you to support him though.
I totally get that and I don't blame you guys. It's tough, I've been through it.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Any updates from our guys on the coast regarding the Carson project..is it moving forward, or just dead in the water? This is, perhaps, the only thing that stops Kroenke from loading up the vans.

Its still progressing forward, looking to verify signatures to pass the measure, should be done soon, and then passed shortly. I'd guess around mid April.

In May the owners will meet, and I guess they'll update and Kroenke will make his pitch. That's probably around when we'll find out if they make Carson more than a stadium.

Either way, they'll progress both projects until one breaks ground, then the other will probably stop.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I totally get that and I don't blame you guys. It's tough, I've been through it.

I've only been to St Louis once, it would make no difference to me in real terms but I could never square supporting the Kroenke owned Rams with myself. But they mean a heck of a lot to me, so I could never blame anyone who could square it.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Idk if anyone here is a hockey fan but imagine the Blues and Kings play this year in the playoffs and the winner goes to the Stanley Cup finals and imagine the Kings win. That'll be fuckedd up if you live in STL lol

Last edited:

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
I've only been to St Louis once, it would make no difference to me in real terms but I could never square supporting the Kroenke owned Rams with myself. But they mean a heck of a lot to me, so I could never blame anyone who could square it.
I'll be honest with you. I'm a big Stan Kroenke fan, for obvious reasons.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I'll be honest with you. I'm a big Stan Kroenke fan, for obvious reasons.

As long as you appreciate he'd move them to the Emirates and have you never see them play for as long as you live if he could make more money from it, then fair play :).

bluecoconuts

Legend
Idk if anyone here is a hockey fan but imagine the Blues and Kings play this year in the playoffs and the winner goes to the Stanley Cup finals and imagine the Kings win. That'll be fuckedd up if you live in STL lol

Well obviously the Kings would win, that's what we do in the playoffs.

But in all honesty, we're more likely to see a Dodgers/Cardinals playoff matchup, with Kershaw getting rocked again than Kings/Blues. LA looks too tired to do damage, too many long playoff series I think. Plus the defense has been inconsistent, I think they bow out in the second round, assuming they finish 3rd and play Vancouver. Of course they can never win to get the separation between them and the Flames, about to get bumped down again, if they drop one too Chicago they're in trouble.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Well obviously the Kings would win, that's what we do in the playoffs.

But in all honesty, we're more likely to see a Dodgers/Cardinals playoff matchup, with Kershaw getting rocked again than Kings/Blues. LA looks too tired to do damage, too many long playoff series I think. Plus the defense has been inconsistent, I think they bow out in the second round, assuming they finish 3rd and play Vancouver. Of course they can never win to get the separation between them and the Flames, about to get bumped down again, if they drop one too Chicago they're in trouble.
As long as they get in. They play better against good teams. They rocked the 2 New York teams recently. Just get in. Please.

Last edited:

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

Are you trying to stir up shit here now?

Speedr@m

Rookie
The NFL can enforce penalties for a move without approval. They cant force him to stay. I'm sorry but that has been stated, and there is too much prior precedence. Now the perception of whether or not Stan would go to that extreme is up for debate, and that isnt what I am talking about.

Or perhaps more accurately the guidelines and penalties outlined in them can be used to negotiate an agreeable settlement to both parties.

http://www.leg.state.mn.us/webcontent/lrl/issues/FootballStadium/NFLFranchiseRelocationRules.pdf

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
As long as you appreciate he'd move them to the Emirates and have you never see them play for as long as you live if he could make more money from it, then fair play :).
I understand fans being upset. It's know different from what Georgia did to the fans in the mid 90's.
The Rams will be around longer than the current owner and us fans.
Owners and fans come and go.
It's odd to me to hate an owner, that did the same thing as the previous owner that was crowned a savior. That's just MO.
Some find it ok this upsets other fans of the same team, as long as it's not ourselves.

None of us have any control over this. We're all just fans.

If they move back to LA. Some fans will stop supporting the team. Some will have every intention of not supporting, but realize come game day, they still love the team.
Every man and woman will decide for themselves and we should all be ok with that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.