Need Some Support From My Rams Brothers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Let me start by saying this...I hate rap for the most part outside of a very few. But I didn't hate this, I think for just getting going,
It's great. I find that I mostly like the music that samples from outside its genre. It's awesome that you are going for it and putting your balls on the line. I know it's always a risk and a lot of folks are to cautious and afraid to leave what's comfortable. So tons of respect your way. Any of the guys in the video you?
Thanks for listening bro as i mentioned in the OP I knew this wouldnt be everyone here's cup of tea but all feedback helps a lot.

And you hit the nail on the head, I found something Im passionate about and im going for it. Wherever that may lead, who knows but im loving the ride.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Where the hell you been man? Studio life keeping you busy?
Yeah bro...crazy busy lately. Weve been in the studio, doing video shoots, performances and all that constantly.

Actually just got off the phone with a talent scout from Sony who was "Very Intrigued" by the fact that our one artist is an Indian rapper.

Its been really time consuming but I love it so i cant complain

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
So, myself and my two business partners started our own record label. We just recently got our licensing and as of a month ago officially became Strictly Business Music Group LLC (SBMG). We have a wide variety of music from Hip-Hop to R&B to Pop. We are still in the very beginning stages of getting started and have only released 3 things so far, 1 song and 2 Vlogs. I thought I would share them here in hopes to gain some of the traffic this site has. I realize this music wont be for everyone here but in this industry a simple view and facebook share go a LONG way. That being said PLEASE check out the music i've attached and if you could share it on facebook/twitter/follow our youtube channel anything. Thanks in advance guys I really appreciate any and all support we can get!

Seriously guys thanks again.

Can I just say LOL, A gold AK with Louis Vuitton furniture on it!

Ok now that I got that off my chest, Young and Livin is a good track, man. Definitely sounds like something I'd hear come across Shade 45. Call them up see if you can get some play time and blow this up!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah bro...crazy busy lately. Weve been in the studio, doing video shoots, performances and all that constantly.

Actually just got off the phone with a talent scout from Sony who was "Very Intrigued" by the fact that our one artist is an Indian rapper.

Its been really time consuming but I love it so i cant complain
Excellent man. Crazy busy can be a real rush when it's your baby. Ready, fire, aim.

Cheers,

Stu

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can I just say LOL, A gold AK with Louis Vuitton furniture on it!

Ok now that I got that off my chest, Young and Livin is a good track, man. Definitely sounds like something I'd hear come across Shade 45. Call them up see if you can get some play time and blow this up!
Appreciate it bro..its a track we are real proud of. I plan on calling every radio station possible until they play our music once we start putting more stuff out. This is still in the VERY early stages.

But thanks again man Im glad you enjoyed it. Share it on facebook if you dont mind!

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
We missed you in the chat room on Sunday. We figgured you were probably fiddling around the studio.

allworkposter.jpg

Last edited:

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We missed you in the chat room on Sunday. We figgured you were probably fiddling around the studio.

allworkposter.jpg
Yeah man I missed being there with you guys. I had a video shoot and actually missed most of the Rams game :(. I should be free to drunkenly bs with you guys this sunday!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Appreciate it bro..its a track we are real proud of. I plan on calling every radio station possible until they play our music once we start putting more stuff out. This is still in the VERY early stages.

But thanks again man Im glad you enjoyed it. Share it on facebook if you dont mind!

If I were you I'd email the audio as an MP# or whatever to everyone rather than calling and asking. You can find program directors and on air talent's email on most stations websites. You could have that in 100 stations hands in a day.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
This is very cool.

Of course, I am very interested in the business side as well as the social vision for your music and your brand. Have u thought about a vision statement and or brand positioning, and is this something u can share?

As u can probably guess, I stopped listening to music industry product a long time ago because I was disgusted by its social message. Tupac was a breath of fresh air, finally bringing the reality of the inner city's social plight to the rap audience. But as is to be expected, his message was obfuscated and when that didn't work he was eliminated ... So very sad and disappointing.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is very cool.

Of course, I am very interested in the business side as well as the social vision for your music and your brand. Have u thought about a vision statement and or brand positioning, and is this something u can share?

As u can probably guess, I stopped listening to music industry product a long time ago because I was disgusted by its social message. Tupac was a breath of fresh air, finally bringing the reality of the inner city's social plight to the rap audience. But as is to be expected, his message was obfuscated and when that didn't work he was eliminated ... So very sad and disappointing.
Thanks man I appreciate it.

As far as the business plans i'd prefer not to go into detail on here but I assure you we have put a LOT of thought into it.

Tupac was one of my favorites as well and I get exactly what you mean. The music industry is a very different animal these days.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A few of you asked me to post more material as we release it so here is the music video for "Young N Livin" like/comment/subscribe on youtube if you dont mind and feel free to share this video anywhere we need all the support we can get!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The video doesn't match the lyrics. The message from each is different. They don't match.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
OK I'm sorry I shouldn't have done a drive by review duh. I was in a hurry, and that wasn't fair because as you know I like this tune. I played the first version for someone I work with by the way who is in his late 20's and is a musician for fun. He liked it too.

The lyrics don't match the visual.

Remember I'm a 53 year old guy, so maybe I dunno what I'm talking about. It would not be the first time lets just say that.

The lyrics are delivering an upbeat and hopeful message, they have a great vibe and feel. The visual isn't dovetailing with that.

That video belongs to another song. It's fine visually and is well produced and with something different would be really good, just not with that set of lyrics and the emotion that they invoke. It's not a tough, gritty song, it's a lot prettier and the video, when I watch it with the sound off it doesn't give me the feeling that just listening to the song without the video does.

It's a stark and simple set of lyrics that can stand on it's own IMO. If that makes sense.

Out of the three songs you posted this is head and shoulders above the other two and I'm not that big a fan of rap/hip hop because it's become as derivative as 80's synth music became. I don't get that feel from this piece at all, it's unique and different.

I need to stress I'm older, and so maybe I'm not as hip as I used to be. Though I have some ladies that would tell you otherwise.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OK I'm sorry I shouldn't have done a drive by review duh. I was in a hurry, and that wasn't fair because as you know I like this tune. I played the first version for someone I work with by the way who is in his late 20's and is a musician for fun. He liked it too.

The lyrics don't match the visual.

Remember I'm a 53 year old guy, so maybe I dunno what I'm talking about. It would not be the first time lets just say that.

The lyrics are delivering an upbeat and hopeful message, they have a great vibe and feel. The visual isn't dovetailing with that.

That video belongs to another song. It's fine visually and is well produced and with something different would be really good, just not with that set of lyrics and the emotion that they invoke. It's not a tough, gritty song, it's a lot prettier and the video, when I watch it with the sound off it doesn't give me the feeling that just listening to the song without the video does.

It's a stark and simple set of lyrics that can stand on it's own IMO. If that makes sense.

Out of the three songs you posted this is head and shoulders above the other two and I'm not that big a fan of rap/hip hop because it's become as derivative as 80's synth music became. I don't get that feel from this piece at all, it's unique and different.

I need to stress I'm older, and so maybe I'm not as hip as I used to be. Though I have some ladies that would tell you otherwise.
Im really glad you elaborated because I like you as a poster and to be honest I was a little insulted after the first comment. Now that I know where you are coming from however its completely different.

I get where you are coming from with the video. I expressed similar concerns when we shot it but chose to trust the guy who was shooting it as he is French Montana's camera man. That being said, I don't feel like the video is too far off from what the song is saying. I completely get where you are coming from. Idk...this was our first ever video so maybe youre right need to think on it more.

Either way thanks Les, I appreciate you taking the time to watch.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
A few of you asked me to post more material as we release it so here is the music video for "Young N Livin" like/comment/subscribe on youtube if you dont mind and feel free to share this video anywhere we need all the support we can get!

Rock on Rocker!!!!!!!!! Bad ass! That took a lot of work. Are you in this video? Which guy is you (jhill, ashok, tyree)? Post more. My son has weekly segment on the radio station at SLU and this seems like something he'd like. I'll lay this on him, maybe he'll spin you on the air.

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Sub'd.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rock on Rocker!!!!!!!!! Bad ass! That took a lot of work. Are you in this video? Which guy is you (jhill, ashok, tyree)? Post more. My son has weekly segment on the radio station at SLU and this seems like something he'd like. I'll lay this on him, maybe he'll spin you on the air.
Yeah bro this took quite a bit to put together..ill post more as we release it most of our stuff is unreleased to date. So far you guys have heard/seen everything we put out. Im not in the video, I need to stay on the professional side since I handle all of our business interactions. Im sure ill make an appearance soon but usually I stay out of the shots.

Show youre son and let me know what he thinks we are always looking for feedback. If hes interested for his radio segment ill give you my contact info and we can work something out whether he wants to play our music or have us on the show...were open to anything.

Thanks for the input tho brotha it is much appreciated.