Need computer help: Windows 10 start menu not working

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I just got back from vacation (sort of) and discovered my start menu randomly stopped working. When I click on the start menu (Windows icon) it doesn't open up. I have to right click on it and work my way around. It's a sort of glitch apparently, and Microsoft has a fix, but it doesn't seem to be working either (as of this post). Computer itself works normally.

Any ideas or leads to a fix would be awesome!

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Also, and I'm not sure it will fix your problem but it fixes lots of things, bleepingcomputer.com has an all in one Windows repair tool that fixed tons of things. I do help desk support for a living and we use it pretty frequently when we can't figure something out.

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm trying the powershell, thanks. Also doing the whole Windows patch (I think) thing.

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well turns out it was a bug/glitch on Microsoft's end. Say what you want about Best Buy and Geek Squad, but they really hooked me up (pun intended). Computer is working fine now.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Well turns out it was a bug/glitch on Microsoft's end. Say what you want about Best Buy and Geek Squad, but they really hooked me up (pun intended). Computer is working fine now.

Some of those guys are real dumb and some are real smart, depends on who you get. One of my friends started out at Geek Squad and was my go-to for any computer issues. He works at Apple now making 150+K per year.

Funny he got a smoking hot girl right after that job, funny how that works out.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Funny he got a smoking hot girl right after that job, funny how that works out.

It's sadly all too true.

Now for me, being a man of great sexual prowess, having stacks of cash isn't so important. I do that part for me, not the honies.

Hahahahahahahahha

I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waiters and waitresses folks and drive safely.