NBA Finals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Lebron's got more time, but at this point I wouldn't put him ahead of Kobe, Jordan or Magic. Those guys could literally will their teams to victory. I don't see Lebron as good as them in that area.

He's a great player to carry a team by himself, but I don't see him pushing his teammates as well. And face it, thats part of what it takes to be the greatest. I do believe Lebron's the best player on the planet today.
I'm not going to argue with you, but Lebron is pretty damn special... definitely in the same league as Magic, Bird & Jordan. Perhhaps not better. Really hard to say cause their all so amazing.

But for me, there was nothing like watching showtime at the Fabulous Forum. That was just such a special time. I went to every game I could afford :)

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm not going to argue with you, but Lebron is pretty damn special... definitely in the same league as Magic, Bird & Jordan. Perhhaps not better. Really hard to say cause their all so amazing.

But for me, there was nothing like watching showtime at the Fabulous Forum. That was just such a special time. I went to every game I could afford :)

I might be a little biased, but I believe Magic Johnson was not only the best Laker player ever, he might be the best NBA player ever. He was not only a talented player, he was a great competitor. His will to win was tremendous. His Lakers might have had a more talented roster than Kobe's or Lebron's, but those Celtics and Sixers teams had extremely talented players. You needed that talent to win as much as they won during the Showtime era.

We all have our criteria on what we think makes a player one of the greatest of all time. I include the will to win. Jordan, Kobe, Magic and Bird all have that. I honestly don't think Lebron's will is as strong as the theirs. All things being equal, if I had my pick of any one of the best players in his prime, I would take Magic Johnson. He could do it all.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I might be a little biased, but I believe Magic Johnson was not only the best Laker player ever, he might be the best NBA player ever. He was not only a talented player, he was a great competitor. His will to win was tremendous. His Lakers might have had a more talented roster than Kobe's or Lebron's, but those Celtics and Sixers teams had extremely talented players. You needed that talent to win as much as they won during the Showtime era.

We all have our criteria on what we think makes a player one of the greatest of all time. I include the will to win. Jordan, Kobe, Magic and Bird all have that. I honestly don't think Lebron's will is as strong as the theirs. All things being equal, if I had my pick of any one of the best players in his prime, I would take Magic Johnson. He could do it all.
Magic was certainly amazing to watch. Game 6 against the Sixers, where he played center, really demonstrated his uniqueness and will. I'm very lucky to have been able to see so much if that in person. Yeah, it's hard to argue against Magic as perhaps the greatest player ever.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can't stand LeBron... but he is one of the all time greats talent wise. No question about that.

It's hard trying to compare the best players who played in different eras. The game has changed so much through the years. I'll say this though... LeBron is one of the most dominant players I've ever watched. Shaq was the most dominant, but LeBron is close.

Did I mention that I hate LeBron?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I can't stand LeBron... but he is one of the all time greats talent wise. No question about that.

It's hard trying to compare the best players who played in different eras. The game has changed so much through the years. I'll say this though... LeBron is one of the most dominant players I've ever watched. Shaq was the most dominant, but LeBron is close.

Did you know I got a pregame beejer HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

ron

Larry Bird made this comment about Kobe and Lebron a few years ago when asked who he'd rather play with:

"Well, probably Kobe, because of the fact that ... well, of course he wouldn't have been shooting as much as he does now ... but his desire to win, his dedication, to always get better, uh, and he's just, he's just tough," Bird said. "He's just a tough cat.

"But, if you want to have fun, like I did with Bill Walton, play with LeBron. It would have probably been more fun to play with LeBron, but if you want to win and win and win, it's Kobe. Not that LeBron's not a winner, just that [Kobe's] mindset is to go into every practice, every game, to get better."

Lebron's the player on the planet at this moment. But take guys all in their prime, and I don't think I would have him in my top 5 when it comes to trying to win championships.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Larry Bird made this comment about Kobe and Lebron a few years ago when asked who he'd rather play with:

Lebron's the player on the planet at this moment. But take guys all in their prime, and I don't think I would have him in my top 5 when it comes to trying to win championships.

There is something off with the "King".

When my beloved Magic beat his Cavs in the playoffs some years back.... "King" James walked off and didn't shake hands with any members of the Magic... Instead,,, he pouted his ass immediately into the locker room while the rest of his team did the opposite.

His mental makeup is not cut from the same cloth as Bird or Kobe,,, that is very true. I believe his physical talents are better than both of those guys though. If you could combine the two... you'd get the Greatest player of all time.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Come on guys, I'm no LeBron fanboy (some would call me a LeBron "hater") but this has nothing to do with "will to win." His team is outgunned and out-talented without Love and Kyrie. LeBron is playing incredible basketball and is keeping his team in this series almost single-handedly. You can have the will to win but you still need teammates.

I saw a will to win in LeBron in that game yesterday. But a will to win doesn't mean anything when the other team is just that much better. There's not much you can do with those daggers from Curry in the 4th. LeBron hits an amazing three to put Cleveland up by one and then Curry comes out and hits a ridiculous three to put GSW back ahead and GSW never relinquishes the lead from there.

LeBron is being guarded by one of the best perimeter defenders in basketball (and one of the most underrated players because he accepted a limited role this year) in Andre Iguodala and LeBron is still getting his. There's just not much more LeBron can do. He doesn't have the support while Golden State is just stacked with talent. When Steph Curry is on like he was yesterday, Golden State is almost unbeatable unless all of the other guys are off.

But I'll say this much, it's been fun to watch. LeBron is trying to put his team on his back but I thoroughly enjoyed Steph Curry sticking it to Cleveland in the 4th quarter yesterday. When that guy gets hot, he's just a joy to watch because his shot is so pure and that release is so quick that you can barely defend it.

Athos

Legend
LeBron reminds me so much of Shaq in the sense they are so powerful and hard to stop, and they get away with so many offensive fouls.

Don't forget the 4-5 step rule LeBron often gets. What kills me about the NBA and why it isn't all that enjoyable to watch.....is excessive traveling and how much guys just don't finish on D or try on D at all.

Lot different from smash mouth BB during Jordan's era.

FRO

Legend
Don't forget the 4-5 step rule LeBron often gets. What kills me about the NBA and why it isn't all that enjoyable to watch.....is excessive traveling and how much guys just don't finish on D or try on D at all.

Lot different from smash mouth BB during Jordan's era.
Oh man could you imagine the LeBron whining if he played in the 90s? He travels down the lane, shoves his man, then whines if no foul is called. It's almost funny.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Cleveland is cursed man, it's like the entire thing is built on an Native American burial ground. They just can't get over the hump.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The Warriors were a better team than I thought. Their top two guys were no better than average and they still won. Thompson has been their number two guy during the season, but he was a non factor last night. Curry was ok but not like he can be. Yet they still won. Gotta give them credit. A better team than I thought.