My Top Sixty-Four Prospects.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Memento, thanks for taking the time to post your list. I like seeing the different opinions on the attributes of the players. I had 3 questions about some of the Defensive players ;

1) regarding OLB, and this may not even be applicable to the ones on your list, what is your opinion on the Rams using a high pick (1,2,or 3) on an OLB considering this player may only be a 2-down player? Reason being, the 2 kids from Washington, and Kendricks from UCLA, and maybe Perryman are the only ones that stand out to me.

2) regarding CB, of the CB's on your list, which one(s) have the best combo of size (hght) and man coverage skill ? It is my opinion that CB is NOT a strength of the Rams yet, even considering the pick-ups of Joyner and Gaines in last years draft. To be specific, on some of the plays that J. Jenkins is actually in position to defend, he gets outsized by the receiver..... frustrating

3) regarding Free Safety, it is interesting that Eskridge (Syracuse) made your list. I watched some tape of him the other day and he looked OK. HE could hit good and tackle well. I just couldn't tell if he had range on covering the field. What is your opinion of Eskridge versus Holliman from Louisville, who had like 17 INT's last year?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
-
Memento, thanks for taking the time to post your list. I like seeing the different opinions on the attributes of the players. I had 3 questions about some of the Defensive players ;

1) regarding OLB, and this may not even be applicable to the ones on your list, what is your opinion on the Rams using a high pick (1,2,or 3) on an OLB considering this player may only be a 2-down player? Reason being, the 2 kids from Washington, and Kendricks from UCLA, and maybe Perryman are the only ones that stand out to me.

2) regarding CB, of the CB's on your list, which one(s) have the best combo of size (hght) and man coverage skill ? It is my opinion that CB is NOT a strength of the Rams yet, even considering the pick-ups of Joyner and Gaines in last years draft. To be specific, on some of the plays that J. Jenkins is actually in position to defend, he gets outsized by the receiver..... frustrating

3) regarding Free Safety, it is interesting that Eskridge (Syracuse) made your list. I watched some tape of him the other day and he looked OK. HE could hit good and tackle well. I just couldn't tell if he had range on covering the field. What is your opinion of Eskridge versus Holliman from Louisville, who had like 17 INT's last year?

Thank you for the reply, 8to12. I appreciate it a ton. To answer your questions:

1) - I'd love using a third on Dawson. Perryman didn't stand out at all against top competition. Kikaha and Mauldin, while talented, are both 3-4 linebackers. Thompson might actually make a better strong safety, and Kendricks is more of an ILB.

2) - Best combination of size and ball skills is easily Quinten Rollins. Some teams are considering moving him to free safety because he's a solid tackler, but he has so much instincts at the cornerback p0sition and so much potential to be a true shut-down cornerback that I don't see how you move him.

3) - The reason why I didn't put Holliman on the list is because, while he's a decent-sized prospect and a hell of a ballhawk, his tackling and angles scare the hell out of me. He reminds me too much of Ed Reynolds (Stanford) for me to take a shot on him at the moment. He just can't tackle, and he's not as good in run-support as Eskridge. In addition, Eskridge is far more versatile and has a knack for making big plays when his team needs them. Syracuse even used him as a wide receiver, so a conversion there, while unlikely, is not out of the question.

BuZzB33

UDFA
Name
BuZzb33
Um...no, you have not watched DGB. Not only can I not understand a damn word of what you've been saying (because you seriously, seriously need to improve your grammar so that it's at least legible), but you're posting stats that don't even come close to telling the whole story.

Do you realize just how many weapons Mizzou had on offense in the 2013 season? We had a three-headed monster at running back (Marcus Murphy, Henry Josey, and Russell Hansbrough - all of them great receiving backs) and four top receivers, DGB not included (L'Damian Washington, Marcus Lucas, Bud Sasser, and Jimmie Hunt). If you ever watched him, you'd realize that Washington and Lucas got most of the targets, with Sasser stealing some at the hybrid tight end/receiver slot, and Hunt occasionally getting deep balls.

And to say that "college guys can tough and tackle on DGB" is just completely...untrue.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goV-jiFjywc

Ofc. I don't watch to DGB plays but I can see him on highlights. I can see it that clear. He looked a great for high jump and what about fast run?. He is nope for fast run.

If would you draft to DGB would be bust or alright played for us. What would u do with DGB?

I have honestly with you the top wr is white and 2nd best is Parker. . And Cooper and DGB are almost tie both..

Wanna bet this September when watch DGB and Parker games? Wanna bet?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ofc. I don't watch to DGB plays but I can see him on highlights. I can see it that clear. He looked a great for high jump and what about fast run?. He is nope for fast run.

If would you draft to DGB would be bust or alright played for us. What would u do with DGB?

I have honestly with you the top wr is white and 2nd best is Parker. . And Cooper and DGB are almost tie both..

Wanna bet this September when watch DGB and Parker games? Wanna bet?

He is "nope for fast run." What? If you don't watch him play, then how can you make an accurate judgment on him? DGB ran a fucking 4.49. At 238 lbs. He's run a 4.3 at 225 lbs. And you say that he isn't fast? You're saying that DGB isn't fast?

What would I do with him if the Rams drafted him? Make him stick right by Britt and learn everything he can from him. Teach him the intricacies of route running. Win a Super Bowl with him as the MVP and offensive rookie of the year. Profit.

And honestly, I disagree entirely about Parker, and I refuse to run in circles with you. So let's just agree to disagree, okay?