My Take on Rams-Saints preseason game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
1)Benny Cunningham looks much, much quicker, and his cuts look great. He looks like a totally different back than in 2013. I would take him over Turbin in Seattle. He looks like our best 'runner'.
But, I didn't say running back. Of course Zac's instincts and intelligence make him the better choice. I really believe Cunningham will break off some big runs this year. So, now we know he was not recovered from that injury in 2012.

2)Kendricks looks much quicker. I am surprised about this. This was reported in camp. I hope he has a little Frank Wycheck in his game this year (finding the seams and holes)

3)Tavon Looks quick and pin point on his foot location in patterns. I know they were only 5 yard outs,but he looks sharper. ANd, he made one nice grab, too.

4) Tre Mason looks even better to me (than at Auburn). He won't last as a 250 carry guy in the NFL....never. He runs too physical for his body. BUt, he is a GREAT back up in a tandem RB situation.

5) The crtiticism on the o-n-e target to Quick is a joke. I have seen that play 1,000+ times done by pro NFL guys. He is now the Sam Bradford of NFL WRs. He did nothing wrong.

6) Stedman is a pro; Man, I wish he would be worked in the slot too.....with tavon outside more.

7) Donald (DT) was going against 2nd stringers. I want to see him against first stringers. He is quick, but not so much more than D'marco Farr ; am I wrong about the Farr comment? Have I taken it
too far, D'marco fans?

8) I am bummed if Cody Davis ever plays in our defense. Sad, sad day for him.

9) GRob looked good at guard and tackle --physically speaking. Kyle Long & Jake Matthews made big mistakes this weekend too....so, please give Greg three more weeks before you rip on him.

10) Barksdale still does not impress me with his effort in his run blocking. Though He had a very nice wash down block on one run. In 2015, GRob at RT and Jake Long at LT, if healthy would be
incredible. Barksdale does not fit Fisher style at RT...no way....ever...HE would be awesome in INdy or Philly or somewhere else, but not on a power run team. I know he is a quality NFL pass blocker; and, I am frequently wrong.

Overall:

*The defense looks like a mess. Looks high school quality. I know they have new and complex defense, but....I also know they were missing 5 starters. I am not encouraged by GW yet.

*The offense looked organized.

*Quick, Britt, Stedman and Tavon in 2014 are high professional quality as compared to the 2013 starters of Pettis and Givens (in game 1)--are you still laughing about that one; with Quick and Tavon repping in there. In 2013, can we all acknowledge now, that we didn't not have NFL level
receivers. Amazing Sam and Kelly did what they did.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Nice report, I for one think you are wrong about batksdale but thats just my opinion. I agree that the wrs will be much better this year. The defense was disappointing but many starters were out so ill give them a pass this time. The three headed running back monster is going to be huge this year.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Not to mention the defense was extremely vanilla. You haven't seen GW yet. In no way, was that the type of defense you can expect week 1. And in reality, it was their starters against our second unit with all the players we sat.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice report, I for one think you are wrong about batksdale but thats just my opinion. I agree that the wrs will be much better this year. The defense was disappointing but many starters were out so ill give them a pass this time. The three headed running back monster is going to be huge this year.
I watch Barks every game....and I excepting the Seattle MNF game last year, I find him falling off blocks or just not getting to the next guy. Looks lazy. I know he has 1st round talent...and he could be a left tackle, and will be some day probably. I rewatch the O line and have seen almost every game 4 times....