My recent streaming fix is shutting down....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Wiziwig(.)com is shutting down for now :(

From their site:

"Today is a sad day for all fans of live sports streaming, as we at Wiziwig have to announce that we're forced to close our website, at least for now. This due to new laws in Spain which will get into force starting tomorrow, the 1st January 2015. Failing to comply with the new reform puts us at risks of fines being as high as € 600.000,- and also losing our domain, hosting and other necessary stuff to operate wiziwig."

They do list a new site to check out, so I'll report back how it works when the event pops up that I need to stream.

:cry: I was relatively new to it, but it was always reliable. There will always be new ways to watch, but it sucks for now.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
That's a bummer. I enjoyed Wiziwig, it was one of the more reliable sites that I've come across in a long time.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I recently dropped all cable/satellite...and while that may be unrelated to those that live outside the viewing are and just watch the game for free in other parts of the country, I have to say that the only thing I'm really missing without cable is baseball and hockey.

I see cable and satellite being a thing of the past very, very soon. At some point I think the sports leagues get offers to put their products on streaming services such as AppleTV, Roku, Smart TVs, etc.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I recently dropped all cable/satellite...and while that may be unrelated to those that live outside the viewing are and just watch the game for free in other parts of the country, I have to say that the only thing I'm really missing without cable is baseball and hockey.

I see cable and satellite being a thing of the past very, very soon. At some point I think the sports leagues get offers to put their products on streaming services such as AppleTV, Roku, Smart TVs, etc.

I'm moving in that direction. I picked upa VPN from PrivateInternetAcess.com last year for 4$ for the year, and have been downloading certain shows and new release Blu-Rays and streaming them via DLNA to my Panasonic Plasma with Plex. It's a good set-up but more of a beginners type of deal. I may end up cutting the cord here this year, but the TV is still good for those hours where you don't want to do anything but veg out for a couple of hours.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm moving in that direction. I picked upa VPN from PrivateInternetAcess.com last year for 4$ for the year, and have been downloading certain shows and new release Blu-Rays and streaming them via DLNA to my Panasonic Plasma with Plex. It's a good set-up but more of a beginners type of deal. I may end up cutting the cord here this year, but the TV is still good for those hours where you don't want to do anything but veg out for a couple of hours.
You'd be surprised how much content is offered for free on AppleTV...there is even segments of ESPN and NFL Network for free.
Pay less than $10/month for Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime also gives you endless amounts of TV.

I really think I watch better TV now (save for a few shows here and there) than I was watching with DirecTV.

I did purchase a Slingbox that I set up at my inlaws house that I can catch some games on...so I guess I haven't totally cut the cord, but I haven't really used it much. We will see what happens come baseball season though.

Athos

Legend
Damn. That sucks. They had far better quality streams than VIP did. Much more stable too. That's a bummer.

I'm moving in that direction. I picked upa VPN from PrivateInternetAcess.com last year for 4$ for the year

I may have to do that to hide my ass better. You use a paypal account for that? I just download my shows after the fact when I have to study or something so I feel no guilt. I mean, I have the capability and the content is being paid for, just not when I watch it. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

I really only pay for shit these days when I really want it and want to support the guys. Because really, the people truly behind the creative content aren't really sniffing a dime of the proceeds. It's the marketing fact that is.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Damn. That sucks. They had far better quality streams than VIP did. Much more stable too. That's a bummer.

I may have to do that to hide my ass better. You use a paypal account for that? I just download my shows after the fact when I have to study or something so I feel no guilt. I mean, I have the capability and the content is being paid for, just not when I watch it. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

I really only pay for crap these days when I really want it and want to support the guys. Because really, the people truly behind the creative content aren't really sniffing a dime of the proceeds. It's the marketing fact that is.

If you end up getting a VPN get a torrent friendly one. basically, if they send a DMCA notice for you, it gets thrown away. There's not a lot they can do to trace you for something like that.

Athos

Legend
If you end up getting a VPN get a torrent friendly one. basically, if they send a DMCA notice for you, it gets thrown away. There's not a lot they can do to trace you for something like that.

Mind just directing me to the site you use for that?