My optimism is creeping up again. 7-2?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You guys are turning this into a personal thing and IT IS NOT PERSONAL.

Just because a fan loses faith, does not mean that fan is trying to put down the team or other fans.

The question I see is FAIR question: What have the Rams actually done to earn any "Faith"????
Actually when you come into a positive thread telling everyone they're wrong it means exactly that.

The Rams may win out the Rams may not win another game you don't know and neither do I or we wouldn't be sitting here posting on message boards.

there are plenty of negative threads on this board lately and rightfully so we've been playing poorly. So why come into this one to tell those of us trying to be positive we are wrong?? It's that simple

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
At 70 years old, you might want to get your eyeglasses prescription checked. If you don't see the Rams crumbling, you are blind!

Compare:
  • Seattle gets bitch slapped for the first half, fighting penalties and injuries and losing Harvin... and they still fight back to almost take the game from the Rams. The Rams need 2 trick special teams plays, a great return and a fortuitous bounce to finally topple them.
  • The Rams at KC? An INT, a missed FG, a kickoff return for a TD, and they crumble into a ball and die a miserable 34-7 death. (the injuries started piling up after the outcome was no longer in doubt).

2 very close wins + one close loss + 4 blowout losses = a really bad 2-5 team.

Injuries to Bradford, Long, Long and painful to watch regression on D with have doomed this season. I almost hate to throw Brian Quick onto the pile of Rams injuries that have doomed this season, that if our season depended on Brian Quick, we were in serious trouble before the season began.

Bradford's inability to stay healthy make our long term QB situation cloudy at best. With a healthy Bradford and an emerging D, this team had a promising future. Now? What are we looking forward to for this great improvement? 2015 draft? A new coaching regime? This is starting to feel like the Rams 2009.

Question is - why isn't your faith in the Rams crumbling? What do you see that gives you faith?
Since WHEN does a fan need to explain or defend his optimism and loyalty to his team on a fan site? Do you really think you just brought up some great epiphany that the OP never saw? People need to get over the thought that they need to straighten people out for being fans and showing some optimism for our team.

Thank you @Legatron4. I like your approach and hope you are right.

AZRamsFan93

So people who don't agree with your position are unreasonable and have a sense of unfounded optimism.
Sorry but that's just plain insulting and none of us KNOW it isn't going to happen.

I understand you don't think putting yourself "out there " is worth the disappointment when you aren't rewarded and prefer the "easy" emotional position. What will always escape me is why you and others who feel that way want to continue to even come on line to express that pessimism ( only saying pessimism because you characterized optimism as unreasonable).

Life for me is trying to make every moment I can as enjoyable as possible ,if the players adopt the attitude you are manifesting here the season will turn out as badly as you expect and those who hold the pessimistic position will be IMO the loudest complainers .
One poster even came on the board after Sunday with a post where he was basically asking for vindication of his pessimism .

IMO everyone WANTS to be right ,IOW there is an element of the pessimistic POV that WANTS reward and borders on rooting for failure ,that sort of emotional reservation is just not rewarding for me , losses hurt me but I don't wallow in them, it's a waste of time and I sure as hell won't wallow in losses before they happen.

The power of positive thinking is real, it works, and I hope my team doesn't join you in your POV.

Would YOU rather they held mine or yours?
Wow, you got a lot from that post didn't you? Where did I call anyone else unreasonable? This was clearly my opinion - where did I lay it on you? I see optimism for this season as unreasonable, meaning - using my powers of reasoning I cannot come to this conclusion. Therefore I think that it is unfounded for me to be optimistic. Someone on this board expressed their optimistic opinion, I expressed my opinion. It doesn't have to match yours.

I do believe that the power of positive thinking is real for those in the pursuit of a goal. We are not pursuing a goal here. We are watching others pursue a goal. This is an internet forum, not a football locker room. How does my attitude about the teams' prospects going forward this season HAVE ANY IMPACT ON HOW THE RAMS PLAY? IMHO, if I think really positively it won't help the Rams play better. Do you think otherwise?

AZRamsFan93

Don't place your MO onto others. It may be easier for YOU but don't try to speak for the rest of us.
I am not. Those expectations are unreasonable for me. I only speak for myself. Where did I say I am the spokesman for all Rams fans?

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
The real question is why do you take time out of your day to put down people who are trying to cheer on their favorite team? Obviously this season isn't looking good. Yet as a fan I will go into every game with the belief we will win and cheer my heart out. Otherwise, why watch? Just to log on to some message board and say "I told ya so"? Is that fun for you? You cant be afraid to be let down. If you must keep your expectations low to avoid disappointment that's on you, but it doesn't mean we all have to do the same.

There is a big difference between coming on to have constructive talks about whats going wrong with the rams and what they should do in the future and just blatantly putting people down who are trying to remain POSITIVE and ENJOY watching their favorite team. You my friend are coming off as the latter.

All these posts say to me is that you're afraid to be let down by the rams so you have to watch the game expecting disappointment so if they lose it wont be as bad. And that you are more concerned with being right and rubbing it in others faces than you are being a fan of the St. Louis Rams.

I'm somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd stage of grief. I'm done with the denial and isolation phase, and I'm sharing the tail end of my anger phase (dang that Williams, dang that Schotty...) and the bulk of my bargaining phases (if only the refs were more on the Rams side, if only we could get CLong and TruJo back) with fellow Rams fans who I believe to be going through the same thing as me. Especially in grief, there is comfort in camaraderie. Perhaps I picked the wrong thread to share my feelings.

PS - I'm not a "told you so" guy, I always cheer for the Rams each game, each season. As I said on my first post of this thread, if people are optimistic, I'd sure like to know why. I could use some of that kool-aid.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I am not. Those expectations are unreasonable for me. I only speak for myself. Where did I say I am the spokesman for all Rams fans?
Plenty of other places for it. You shouldn't feel the need to belittle a poster and piss on his thread because you want to express your negativity. And if you can't understand where I'm coming from, there is no need for me to keep trying to spell it out. Take it somewhere else.

You are still fairly new to this site and maybe you just don't get it. How about while you are this pissed off about the team, you don't post for a while. Take a breather and give us one.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd stage of grief. I'm done with the denial and isolation phase, and I'm sharing the tail end of my anger phase (dang that Williams, dang that Schotty...) and the bulk of my bargaining phases (if only the refs were more on the Rams side, if only we could get CLong and TruJo back) with fellow Rams fans who I believe to be going through the same thing as me. Especially in grief, there is comfort in camaraderie. Perhaps I picked the wrong thread to share my feelings.

PS - I'm not a "told you so" guy, I always cheer for the Rams each game, each season. As I said on my first post of this thread, if people are optimistic, I'd sure like to know why. I could use some of that kool-aid.
Understood man. All im saying is there are plenty of reasons to be down on the Rams this year but this thread was attempting to be positive. Personally I just don't enjoy sitting around having a pitty party and talking about how awful the Rams are.

And I don't think that people should have to explain themselves for being optimistic.

Picture this forum as a bar scene. If we all went out to have a drink and watch the Rams game do you think anyone would want to sit and talk to you if all you're doing is challenging positivity. There are plenty of threads here to express your unhappiness with the Rams but this thread was meant for those of us who chose to ignore all that and enjoy our favorite time of the year. I LOVE watching Rams football i wait all year for it. Whether we win or lose I enjoy the game. So if you don't want to see it that way let the few of us left who do be.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You guys are turning this into a personal thing and IT IS NOT PERSONAL.

Just because a fan loses faith, does not mean that fan is trying to put down the team or other fans.

The question I see is FAIR question: What have the Rams actually done to earn any "Faith"????
Gotta disagree Dog. This post was a fan looking up. No need for posters to jump his shit for it and ridicule him. I'm guessing anyone can find any number of threads or preferably other sites on which to post negative crap.

What I think people are failing to understand is that this site was built on a positive fan relationship. Some may think that it is the right of fans to come on this site and constantly spew crap about the Rams but it isn't and never has been.

So when some posters feel that fans here are being unreasonably optimistic, that's just too damn bad. You can find a comradery among fans who want to talk about how bad the Rams, coaches, owners, what have you at numerous sites around the internet. They can have fun there wallowing in each others' misery.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
If our Rams win 3 of the next 4 games I'll start believing they may have a shot at the postseason. Win all 4 and I'll be thinking Superbowl. What they've showed so far leaves me with little hope. Show me and I'll start believing again. I hope they do, but...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
2iuyhbs.jpg

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes. When a prize-fighter gets knocked down, he gets up and keeps fighting, as our team will. We as True Fans have an obligation to support OUR Team through 'Good and Bad Times!!
Since WHEN does a fan need to explain or defend his optimism and loyalty to his team on a fan site? Do you really think you just brought up some great epiphany that the OP never saw? People need to get over the thought that they need to straighten people out for being fans and showing some optimism for our team.

Thank you @Legatron4. I like your approach and hope you are right.

You're welcome and me too. I just thought the point of being a fan was to be excited and as optimistic as possible. Considering our history, optimism is all we have. Otherwise, why bother watching? I've put way too much time and money into this team to be persuaded. Hell, I'll predict us to go 11-5 this year and beat everyone 50-0. I highly respect this forum but the last 3 threads I've started by tryin to pump a little joy into it has been a complete shit show. I'm just as fed up and pissed off as everyone else. But I don't see why I should be miserable all the time.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're welcome and me too. I just thought the point of being a fan was to be excited and as optimistic as possible. Considering our history, optimism is all we have. Otherwise, why bother watching? I've put way too much time and money into this team to be persuaded. Hell, I'll predict us to go 11-5 this year and beat everyone 50-0. I highly respect this forum but the last 3 threads I've started by tryin to pump a little joy into it has been a complete crap show. I'm just as fed up and pissed off as everyone else. But I don't see why I should be miserable all the time.
You're 100% right bro...and you're not alone..

AZRamsFan93

Plenty of other places for it. You shouldn't feel the need to belittle a poster and pee pee on his thread because you want to express your negativity. And if you can't understand where I'm coming from, there is no need for me to keep trying to spell it out. Take it somewhere else.

You are still fairly new to this site and maybe you just don't get it. How about while you are this pissed off about the team, you don't post for a while. Take a breather and give us one.
Got it. No dissent. Not welcome here. Apologies.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I haven't and never will bash anybody for their ideas, ideals or their emotional state with regard to the Rams...At the same time, I don't appreciate being told what my obligations are as a "true fan"...How dare they insinuate that I'm less a fan than they because I don't think I have an obligation to be what to me is unrealistic...I'm simply saying that I don't think this door should open only one way...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You're welcome and me too. I just thought the point of being a fan was to be excited and as optimistic as possible. Considering our history, optimism is all we have. Otherwise, why bother watching? I've put way too much time and money into this team to be persuaded. Hell, I'll predict us to go 11-5 this year and beat everyone 50-0. I highly respect this forum but the last 3 threads I've started by tryin to pump a little joy into it has been a complete crap show. I'm just as fed up and pissed off as everyone else. But I don't see why I should be miserable all the time.

I am sorry for what you've had in response to those threads. All I can say is right on man. Your outlook and attitude is something people should take note of. Being optimistic doesn't mean you have blinders on. Nor does it mean that every word you type has to be about how great the Rams are doing or how wonderful the coaching has been. But you should feel free to post optimistic threads and I personally would like to see more of them.

…..

Legend
Gotta disagree Dog. This post was a fan looking up. No need for posters to jump his crap for it and ridicule him. I'm guessing anyone can find any number of threads or preferably other sites on which to post negative crap.

What I think people are failing to understand is that this site was built on a positive fan relationship. Some may think that it is the right of fans to come on this site and constantly spew crap about the Rams but it isn't and never has been.

So when some posters feel that fans here are being unreasonably optimistic, that's just too damn bad. You can find a comradery among fans who want to talk about how bad the Rams, coaches, owners, what have you at numerous sites around the internet. They can have fun there wallowing in each others' misery.

I guess I missed the redicule and belittling and crap. I just saw two opposite voices of reason.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
People who shit on this and insult the OP just don't get the point. Legatron never tried to force his views on anyone; he was optimistic. And he gets personal insults from posters because of it?! What the fuck did he do to deserve that?!!