My mother in law took her life today.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Severe depression with dementia setting in.

Don't ignore depression. We didn't, she was being treated and it worked for years, but it still wasn't enough when she started losing her world to dementia. However, at least one family member knew she was leaning that way and said nothing. You can't say nothing.

She was much loved, a kind heart, and a very good person.

I have been separated by distance from my own mother for most of my life so she became mom to me. That's all I ever called her. When I needed a lecture, I knew it was coming because it always started with Son.

I don't fault her.
She knew what was coming in her life after seeing her mother go through dementia for over a decade in a home, but our family and extended family is devastated. My wife now has no parents both dying in their early 60s.

I found out 30 minutes before my kids came home from school and that discussion will go down as the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Thank god our pastor came in mere minutes to prepare us for the discussion and lead it off as well as help us with a beautiful prayer.

Her husband, a war veteran and solid good man in all ways, had already lost a son to suicide and a wife to natural causes. My heart is broken for this man.

Then, some moron friend of hers announces it, in gruesome and misspelled detail, on facebook, tagging her in the post. Many friends and family learned on facebook. WTF is wrong with people?!

Last edited:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Terribly sad.
Truly sorry for your families tough loss.
Losing a Mother is extremely tough.

Prayers Brother.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
My deepest condolences.

I hear you about people being horrible during your grieving. I thought it was tough to take the outrageous things people would say to me and my wife's face after our daughter passed in '96. I'm so glad we didn't have to deal with social media.

It's like people, and we can't blame this on just young people because I've seen plenty of older folks who grew up before computers who should know better, have forgotten what manners are and that other people have feelings and maybe the better part of valor is discretion.

Sorry, didn't mean to rant, but you sorta cut a little close to the bone on that one. I feel your frustration deeply.

Again, very sorry for your loss, brother.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So sorry for your loss. And I must agree with how cruel people can be. When my father was at his lowest point battling the big C. A distant cousin visited and unbeknownst to everyone caught up in despair, started taking photos of everything. The next thing I know my fathers death bed and all the family were plastered all over facebook. Even now 6 years later I run red just remembering. Think people think!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Terrible loss, I'm sorry for your family. I've had a great uncle commit suicide, obviously not as close as your mother in law, but it did effect our family profoundly. My thoughts will be with you

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Sorry man. That's tough. In the last 2 days I attended 2 funerals - one for my best friend's mom and one for my aunt. It's been a tough week.... I feel for you man.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RIP.

Sorry for your loss Fanzy.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Sorry you and your loved ones have to go through this ordeal. Dementia is my wife's biggest fear. Her grandmother struggled with it for years before she died. Every time she forgets something I have to remind her that we all forget from time to time and that it's not the onset of dementia.

Btw I detest Facebook and only stay on there to communicate with my son who's in LA and a few close friends.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
My sincere condolences. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I hope all are doing as well as they can given the circumstances.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My condolences as well.

Sad... while she wasn't in pain per se, the future sounded like it would be very dark for her.

She's in a better place now, know that.

ItsonTavon

Rookie
Name
Erick
Sorry for your loss. My prayers and thoughts go out to you, and your family. The way you talked about hear made her sound like a great Mother that will be missed. God bless.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Very sorry to hear about your loss.

In terms of social media, people like to be the first to go and tell people. When I was in the military my sister died. I was told by my parents as soon as they were able to, but I had friends back home who knew about it before I did because one of their mothers was dating one of the police officers responding. People don't have any common sense.

Name
GK

Don't ignore depression. We didn't, she was being treated and it worked for years, but it still wasn't enough when she started losing her world to dementia. However, at least one family member knew she was leaning that way and said nothing. You can't say nothing.

I have been separated by distance from my own mother for most of my life so she became mom to me. That's all I ever called her. When I needed a lecture, I knew it was coming because it always started with Son.

I don't fault her.
She knew what was coming in her life after seeing her mother go through dementia for over a decade in a home, but our family and extended family is devastated. My wife now has no parents both dying in their early 60s.

I found out 30 minutes before my kids came home from school and that discussion will go down as the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Thank god our pastor came in mere minutes to prepare us for the discussion and lead it off as well as help us with a beautiful prayer.

Her husband, a war veteran and solid good man in all ways, had already lost a son to suicide and a wife to natural causes. My heart is broken for this man.

Then, some moron friend of hers announces it, in gruesome and misspelled detail, on facebook, tagging her in the post. Many friends and family learned on facebook. WTF is wrong with people?!
Praying for you and your family my friend!!!

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

I don't fault her.

Dear God, I am so sorry to hear this Brian. Prayers and well wishes will be sent your way. Thankfully you have a sound faith. That is the only thing that gets us through trials like this.

God bless you, my friend.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
My condolences to you and your family.
This touches close to home as my own mother in law is and has been fighting a similar battle and attempted to take her life a few years back.
Suicide is such a hard thing to cope with for the survivors... especially when you're young. Glad to hear you had help in breaking that news to your kids...
I'm very sorry to hear all this. It sounds like you have the right perspective. Prayers for you and your family.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
GOD BLESS you Brian and Your Wife and Kids as I know from what you said and how you handled it as ABBA would have wanted it. My Heart and Spirit as your RAM brothers above have so Elequantly stated are pouring out to you all in prayer. I live with depression and the evil that it is and our Father will never leave us or forsake us. Day by day minute by minute. Walking in Faith. Remember who you are in. Focus on HIM. Stop looking inside and practice Beholding HIM.
You are SPECIAL to ALL of US. WE NEED YOU! You have so many to be the ROCK for. Sorry for the rant. I'm not too proud to show feelings. I also feel the pain. PRESS ON Brutha...Big Doug.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
That's terrible man. Best advice I can give is to keep on fighting, even though it's the hardest time to do so.