My last thread of why I'm going for the Patriots

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
That kick has been turned into an internet meme.

Chuck-Norris-cat.jpg

Nut kicker Brady.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
There is nothing on this planet that could ever make me even remotely want to see Seattle win another game of football ever again. The hate is strong in me....

Thus, in the fashion of this thread allow me to add to the "meme";

eb6140942424697bf997986aac9b2d682cd18a18fe192e4f81ba32f17b629a24.jpg

Rainram

Starter
If the pats win it changes nothing. They will forever be remembered as cheaters.

If Seattle wins, they are on the precipice of a dynasty.

We can't have that. I hate both teams... but I want the Cheatriots to win.

Agree with this. The Patriots over the last 15 years are who they are. Winning or losing this game won't mean a whole hell of a lot. Ancillary benefit that it will be tainted a bit and there might be less coverage of it throughout the off-season.

Seattle winning this game means having to listen to how great this NEW dynasty is. And how many teams have won back to back Super Bowls?...Please don't add Seattle to that list! I'd much rather see this team dethroned, and begin to derail their franchise. Give em a Super Bowl Loss hangover, make them pay some huge contracts, and compromise their future.

Put me in the camp of wanting Seattle to lose.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
If the Patriots win, there won't be many fans happy about it.

I'll say it again. This is the bed that Goodell made. Let him sleep in it.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning after, I still haven't blinked. I want the Patriots to destroy the shitchickens.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Morning after, I still haven't blinked. I want the Patriots to destroy the shitchickens.
I respect you. I respect your right to make that choice. But I hope you're very, VERY disappointed tomorrow. Nothing personal. ;)

Angry Ram

I respect you. I respect your right to make that choice. But I hope you're very, VERY disappointed tomorrow. Nothing personal. ;)

I won't exactly be elated tomorrow, either.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'm all in with my 9k on the rainy City Bitch Pigeons.

"...Rainy City Bitch Pigeons"???

LMFAO!!!

I literally have tears streaming down my face... I dunno why that's so damned funny to me, but it is.

My son, who's in HS heard me say "bitch pigeon" and said, "what's a bitch pigeon...wait... I don't want to know..."

which only made me laugh that much harder...

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I won't be real happy regardless of who wins...My personal feel-good scenario would be :

Lynch gets ejected at the coin toss for refusing to talk to the officials and Brady gets ejected on the first play from scrimmage for trying to sneak a nerf ball into play...At that point I simply tell me wife and brother to bring on the pizza and wings...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
You know what else I think? The more I see of Richard Sherman, the more I respect him. Does he have his warts? Of course. But his speech about the Cheatriots and Kraft and Goodell being butt-buddies was awesome. And I can't fault Russell Wilson, who really is a good person.

Exactly the same for me. Since when is playing with bravado a crime? I didn't hate Muhammad Ali and he had more swag and bravado than the entire NFL. Combined. And... he was so pretty...

Also, which other athlete took to the biggest stage in the NFL to call out the NFL Commish on his cozy relationship with one of the owners? I didn't see any humble-pie Patriots taking issue with it. Which is all BS because during the mic'd up segments, we know Patriots players talk all SORTS of trash. Rodney Harrison used to talk more trash than some entire TEAMS. This notion that because Belicheck enforces a "don't talk to the media" code amongst his players, that they're humble... well that's just not true. It just means that they're not ALLOWED to be themselves with the media.

Former Patriots on other teams have showed themselves to be just as loud and braggadocious as anyone else. The difference is that Belicheck doesn't want his players talking to the media and enforces that with a rather hard line. Other coaches...don't. That doesn't mean that the players are humble.

So, I would dispute at the core, @Angry Ram 's assertion that the Patriots are a more humble team. I just think that's false on it's face. I'm certain they face a well known and documented media blackout from the coach.

As for Richard Sherman, Yeah, I really DO like that dood.

Every time he has to step up to the mic, he really digs deep and wins me over with the clarity, depth, humanity, incisiveness and courage of his arguments. And for someone as YOUNG as he is, he is way ahead of where I was at that age to be able to navigate the waters to challenge the entrenched powers and show restraint. I mean, he stated outright that there is a conflict of interest when an owner entertains the NFL Commissioner during the week the AFC Championship game. Moreover, he did it in a way that was factual and non-confrontational. Not an easy tightrope to walk.

I admire him for the person he is. I know OF the neighborhood he grew up in that I grew up near enough to it that I know of the difficulties. I've been there. Heck, I sold vacuum cleaners in that neighborhood for a month.

There's plenty of guys who are all mouth who I wouldn't want to be on the Rams. Richard Sherman isn't one of those. I root against him because of the jersey and helmet, but when he steps to the mic, I generally find I agree with what he has to say.

AND... he's one of the few opponents who gives our Rams respect. That's like a flower in the desert, right there...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Exactly the same for me. Since when is playing with bravado a crime? I didn't hate Muhammad Ali and he had more swag and bravado than the entire NFL. Combined. And... he was so pretty...

Also, which other athlete took to the biggest stage in the NFL to call out the NFL Commish on his cozy relationship with one of the owners? I didn't see any humble-pie Patriots taking issue with it. Which is all BS because during the mic'd up segments, we know Patriots players talk all SORTS of trash. Rodney Harrison used to talk more trash than some entire TEAMS. This notion that because Belicheck enforces a "don't talk to the media" code amongst his players, that they're humble... well that's just not true. It just means that they're not ALLOWED to be themselves with the media.

Former Patriots on other teams have showed themselves to be just as loud and braggadocious as anyone else. The difference is that Belicheck doesn't want his players talking to the media and enforces that with a rather hard line. Other coaches...don't. That doesn't mean that the players are humble.

So, I would dispute at the core, @Angry Ram 's assertion that the Patriots are a more humble team. I just think that's false on it's face. I'm certain they face a well known and documented media blackout from the coach.

Every time he has to step up to the mic, he really digs deep and wins me over with the clarity, depth, humanity, incisiveness and courage of his arguments. And for someone as YOUNG as he is, he is way ahead of where I was at that age to be able to navigate the waters to challenge the entrenched powers and show restraint. I mean, he stated outright that there is a conflict of interest when an owner entertains the NFL Commissioner during the week the AFC Championship game. Moreover, he did it in a way that was factual and non-confrontational. Not an easy tightrope to walk.

I admire him for the person he is. I know OF the neighborhood he grew up in that I grew up near enough to it that I know of the difficulties. I've been there. Heck, I sold vacuum cleaners in that neighborhood for a month.

There's plenty of guys who are all mouth who I wouldn't want to be on the Rams. Richard Sherman isn't one of those. I root against him because of the jersey and helmet, but when he steps to the mic, I generally find I agree with what he has to say.

AND... he's one of the few opponents who gives our Rams respect. That's like a flower in the desert, right there...
Co-sign.

Angry Ram

Well first, I never said the Patriots were a humble team. I said from my POV they have more humble players. I've named some of them. I'm rooting for guys like Danny Amendola, Vince Wilfork, Rob Gronkowski. Speaking of Rob, when was the last time he ever had to scream to the world how great he is or disrespected other opponents? He's a guy on the field having fun. I have no issue with that.

Second, you're entitled to your opinion. But I'm not going to follow Richard Sherman (of all people) just because what he screams in front of a microphone. He and many of his teammates are disrespectful to others as people. I don't care if those people are Skip Bayless or Tom Brady or Michael Crabtree. Just b/c he gives our Rams respect doesn't mean he can do the opposite to others.

Finally, my hatred for that organization goes beyond how their players act. Using the term "Lynch Mob" as a rally moniker, using Martin Luther King Jr's message of "we shall overcome" as a comparison to a playoff game, PED use, violating league rules on minicamps, Pete Carroll's involvment during the USC issues during 2005, it all adds up for me.

For the 1000th time, I'm not becoming a Patriot fan or going to root for them next season. For this game, the actions and behavior of the Seattle team far outweigh what the Patriots did.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Well, far be it for me to defend the Seahawk organization...

but you're conflating some things.

The "Lynch Mob" rally moniker and the "we shall overcome" thing were both boneheaded moves by the Seahawk PR department. I'm sure even the Seahawk players were shaking their heads at those.

PED use is individual. Our Rams have had players suspended for positive tests and the worst offender, Brandon Browner, is now a NE Patriot.

The minicamp rule violation was really nothing. And again, I'm REALLY not in the habit of defending the Seahawks. The CBA can be as complicated as the dang tax code and the team acknowledged that they scheduled an extra minicamp or one too early or something. It wasn't a systemic or overt attempt to circumvent the rules. Other teams have also had this issue and THIS is one area where the league even acknowledged that they had to do a better job communicating how teams could be in compliance because in good faith a team could really mess things up, especially if they went away to training camp.

Pete Carroll at USC. Wow... as a born Bruin (as in, yeah, mom was a UCLA student and I was born at UCLA Medical Center), I have no love for anything USC. However, I disagree with Roger Goodell and the NFL's take to bring forward "strikes" against players, but not coaches. I'm GLAD Pete Carroll got a fresh start and think players should get fresh starts, too. And remember, a lot of the things that got Pete Carroll in trouble were NCAA rules. NCAA... The same organization that wanted a homeless Texas student to REMAIN homeless for the 3 months after graduation rather than be admitted 3 months early because that would be a "violation" and they initially refused to grant a waiver. So, yeah, while there were probably a boat load of shenanigans, there were also a bunch of BS rules violated that all of us would and should be incensed were even on the books to be violated.

People are free to root for or against anyone they choose. So don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

What I am attempting to do is let you know that some of your attributions aren't quite what you think they are. Now, that might not change anything for you or they might. That's up to you.

But Richard Sherman didn't disrespect Michael Crabtree. Michael Crabtree went to a charity event held by Richard Sherman and tried to start a fight. In public. So, Richard Sherman made it his mission to embarrass Michael Crabtree as his form of retribution. Which is legal. He didn't get a gun. He didn't assault him or do anything that would have them in court. He took it to the field and dominated Crabtree... which is what you WANT your players to do.

As for Skip Bayless, I gotta laugh at that. Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith have flung more crap AT the same athletes they purport to respect than any other pair of sports commentators around (I refuse to call them journalists). I mean, in their confrontation, Bayless discounts Sherman as "not even in the same discussion as Revis" even though he was an All-Pro that year and had 12 INTs and 4 FF in his first two years and was a clear shut down corner. Then Bayless wants to step to an elite athlete with that BS premise? And Bayless actually said when Sherman said he wasn't in the top 22 in his field that "well, I'd dispute that." Oh really? Skip Bayless in the top 22 sports journalists/commentators? On what planet? I'm not sure he'd crack the top 200 and that's real because there are real sports journos and real collumnists/commentators out there.

Anyway, I get your dislike. I really do. It just seems misdirected to me.

PR people all suck. All. It's PR. Then again, I'm on the Bill Hicks train when it comes to that, so I'm jaded.

But THIS is fact: The Patriots have been organizationally cheating since 2001 in one way or another. Continuously. Taping. Deflating balls. 2nd Mic in Brady's helmet. 14 years of violating the integrity of the game including trying to injure Rams players (the helmet to helmet on Kurt Warner was purposeful in SB36) which was WORSE than any Bountygate finding because they actually tried to injure players.

Food for thought.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
But THIS is fact: The Patriots have been organizationally cheating since 2001 in one way or another. Continuously. Taping. Deflating balls. 2nd Mic in Brady's helmet. 14 years of violating the integrity of the game including trying to injure Rams players (the helmet to helmet on Kurt Warner was purposeful in SB36) which was WORSE than any Bountygate finding because they actually tried to injure players.

Food for thought.

And let's not forget everything having to do with Aaron Hernandez. You can't tell me that Belicheat didn't know about that monster's gang ties when he was scouting him. You can't tell me that he didn't know about the previous double-homicide that Hernandez has been linked to - and may even be the one who pulled the trigger. And the fact that they employed him for as long as they did and gave him such a fat contract when they knew what kind of person he is...no, I will never support anything or anyone with that team.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate both teams. In these cases I have to go with the NFC. :sick:

Angry Ram

That's not my premise. Everything for me adds up.

1. The PR people thinking of that just shows their mentality. One fuck up with "Lynch Mob", OK maybe that wasn't smart. But then twice with Martin Luther King Jr's message? It's disrespectful.

2. A rule is a rule. And they (the Seattle team) got punished for their actions, whether it be PED or the minicamp issue or if it's NCAA rules. One form of cheating doesn't trump another for me.

3. Richard Sherman has threatened to choke out Michael Crabtree. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ree-responds-richard-sherman-tired-talking-it

And my mention of Skip Bayless was not b/c I'm trying to defend him or his co-host. But that doesn't mean they deserve to be ridiculed and disrespected they way Richard Sherman did. Mark Cuban was on First Take and took Skip Bayless to school. That's how it should be done.

I wish the Seattle team had players like they did in 2005. That was a team I could swallow my pride and hope they had success. This team? No freakin way.