My final mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Going with the list I posted in the competition and it's a list comprised entirely of people we've had workouts/visits/meetings with.

Round 3 pick 87 Obo Okowronko Edge Oklahoma

Round 4 pick 111 Geron Christian OT Louisville

Round 4 pick 135 Micah Kiser ILB Virginia

0ap3000000925063_video_player_cp.jpg

Round 4 pick 136 Dane Cruikshank FS

1024x1024.jpg

Round 6 pick 176 Brandon Parker OT NC AT&T

Round 6 pick 183 Joe Ostman OLB Central Michigan

DNK4_3YXkAcX5qc.jpg

Round 6 pick 194 Dejon Allen G Hawaii

web1_dejon-allen-.jpg

Round 6 pick 195 Daurice Fountain WR Northern Iowa

dauricefountain.jpg

First pick we add an edge Wade. Then we load up on some OLine to work with and provide depth while adding a guy that will come in right away and compete for an ILB spot in Kiser. Again the focus of this was a combination of my perceived needs and people they've visited with leading up to this draft.

nighttrain

Legend
pretty darn good
add in
1st round Brandin Cooks
2nd round Marcus Peters
trade for Suh and Talib and we are good to go
train

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Tough to debate this draft, we all have our preferences, but @OldSchool addressed every area, my only change would be passing on Fountain for a RB because unless there is a trade, I don't see how a WR can make the team unless there is an injury as the Rams already have 7 that made the squad last season exchanging Watkins for Cooks.

I also prefer Kemoko Turay, over Okoronkwo, however, Turay might be gone before the Rams pick and if not, I will trust Wade Phillips to pick the right guy.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tough to debate this draft, we all have our preferences, but @OldSchool addressed every area, my only change would be passing on Fountain for a RB because unless there is a trade, I don't see how a WR can make the team unless there is an injury as the Rams already have 7 that made the squad last season exchanging Watkins for Cooks.

I also prefer Kemoko Turay, over Okoronkwo, however, Turay might be gone before the Rams pick and if not, I will trust Wade Phillips to pick the right guy.
I understand both points but as I said this list is entirely from the people we've brought in for visits, met with at the combine or went to their pro days. Turay isn't on that list that I've seen, I could have missed it. And we only worked out 2 backs. Penny IMO is gone by 87 and the other IMO is gone sometime in the 4th and to me the other positions taken in the 3rd and 4th are more important. The WR in my book replaces Austins spot next year and spends this year on the practice squad unless there is an injury.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a good mock. I think Parker falling that far is a bit unlikely. I've also been hearing reports that Christian could go Round 2. That displeases me.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a good mock. I think Parker falling that far is a bit unlikely. I've also been hearing reports that Christian could go Round 2. That displeases me.
You and me on both accounts.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Oldschool, I like your Mock overall ; especially the defensive players. However, Allen is only 6'2" - 6'3" ; 290-295 lbs. I'm not sure he has the size/skills to move ahead of a player like Eldrenkamp on the interior. I know you didn't care for my Mock lacking a Guard. But, I think Ragnow, even though he's listed as a Center, also has experience playing Guard along with having the prototypical size/skills and experience playing in the SEC. Regarding the 2 Tackles, I think both are good enough to compete now.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oldschool, I like your Mock overall ; especially the defensive players. However, Allen is only 6'2" - 6'3" ; 290-295 lbs. I'm not sure he has the size/skills to move ahead of a player like Eldrenkamp on the interior. I know you didn't care for my Mock lacking a Guard. But, I think Ragnow, even though he's listed as a Center, also has experience playing Guard along with having the prototypical size/skills and experience playing in the SEC. Regarding the 2 Tackles, I think both are good enough to compete now.
Adding 10-15 lbs wouldn't be beyond our current coaching staff for him but I get what you're saying about Allen. The only thing I'll say is Kromer and McVay must think highly of him and are ok with his weight if they took the time to work him out for one of our 30 visits, something they didn't do with Ragnow btw.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I like the fact that you stuck with players with whom the Rams have shown an interest. Obviously, that makes your picks completely plausible, whether we like the guys or not.

It would be amazing if the Rams landed both of those tackles because I think there's gonna be a run on them right before that.

Nice to see both you and the Rams are interested in a FS.

I admit I'm not the biggest O-O fan because he's kinda raw, but the Rams don't really need him to play a huge role this year and I trust this staff/FO to make the right call re an edge guy.

Great job.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Going with the list I posted in the competition and it's a list comprised entirely of people we've had workouts/visits/meetings with.

1024x1024.jpg

DNK4_3YXkAcX5qc.jpg

web1_dejon-allen-.jpg

dauricefountain.jpg

First pick we add an edge Wade. Then we load up on some OLine to work with and provide depth while adding a guy that will come in right away and compete for an ILB spot in Kiser. Again the focus of this was a combination of my perceived needs and people they've visited with leading up to this draft.

Very impressive to actually call two of their eventual picks

Bravo Sir!

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

1024x1024.jpg

DNK4_3YXkAcX5qc.jpg

web1_dejon-allen-.jpg

dauricefountain.jpg

2 out of 8, not bad OldSchool !!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks guys! Though I don't think they were anywhere near where they were picked it's still nice to see once in a while a dart hits the board and scores. I'm curious the numbers now after 2 years on how many we draft from the senior bowl. I know it's a high percentage.