LEGEND My Dog ROCKS!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Hello Cooper!! That is freakin' awesome!! I love Goldens!! Well, I love dogs period.

This is mine when he was just a wee lad not quite ten years ago...

91e3e886-b29d-47dc-acc6-225101a1f3e1_zpsz078oeii.jpg

Give Cooper lots, LOTS of exercise. They get bored when they're not sleeping...

d267e136-c794-4ed2-a59d-bd4d8cdc17a5_zps8a1f49f5.jpg

Yes, he managed this all by himself.

That is one great looking dog!
Is he a mix, or just ended up with short hair?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Say hello to "Cooper".

View attachment 12167

First pic (of many).:rockon:

He looks like a golden bear cub Doug. What a great looking pup.

One of my good friends has a golden... and guess you what.... his golden's name is Cooper too. He usually just calls him Coop though.

One of my favorite smells is puppy breath. It's weird to me that all pups have that same breath.

Can't wait to see more pics. I'm sure Cooper is making things very interesting and fun round your place!!!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Hello Cooper!! That is freakin' awesome!! I love Goldens!! Well, I love dogs period.

This is mine when he was just a wee lad not quite ten years ago...

91e3e886-b29d-47dc-acc6-225101a1f3e1_zpsz078oeii.jpg

Give Cooper lots, LOTS of exercise. They get bored when they're not sleeping...

d267e136-c794-4ed2-a59d-bd4d8cdc17a5_zps8a1f49f5.jpg

Yes, he managed this all by himself.

Say hello to "Cooper".

View attachment 12167

First pic (of many).:rockon:

Doggies are awesome, especially those two. Give them both a hug for me.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Hmm...I've just been wondering one thing. As you guys know, I'm in a wheelchair, and I probably will be for the rest of my life. I was thinking of adopting a dog (because I love those older dogs, and I don't know any puppy breeders) and training them to be a support dog for me when I can get a more comfortable chair and stay up for longer periods of time in that chair. My problem - aside from money - is this: I don't know what kind of dog would make a good support dog. I don't just want a support dog; I want a friend. Is there any sort of temperament I should be looking for? Can any dog be a support dog?

Most any dog will due for most of us. I have 7 currently on the property all of which were found or rescued from very bad homes & situations. However over my life span of all kinds of dogs & your situation a true friend comes from the the below:

Australian Shepherd
http://dogtime.com/dog-breeds/australian-shepherd

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs...-avg-fh_lsonsw&hspart=avg&hsimp=yhs-fh_lsonsw

I now have two presently both were rescued from bad situations but have fully recovered and are loving smart attentive to their owners. If you are interested in this breed and have issues finding a homeless one get up with me & I will assist you in any way I can. I would suggest that you stay away from puppy farms & better do your homework on the $$$$ breeders some of which are not good to deal with. Some of these homeless dogs have a past with situations that you have presently.

There are hundreds of great homeless adult dogs :love:waiting to be adopted throughout the US.(y)

Last edited:

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I came across this thread and it has kept me absorbed through 9 pages of loving and heartbreaking stories from animal lovers like myself. I've had the privilege of having felt the unconditional love of pets my entire life time. There really is nothing like it. When the time comes to say goodbye to a devoted companion your not only losing a pet but a family member as well, it's a trying time. Our most recent rescue is a kitten my daughter named Oriana. Thanks to everyone for sharing their stories.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Most any dog will due for most of us. I have 7 currently on the property all of which were found or rescued from very bad homes & situations. However over my life span of all kinds of dogs & your situation a true friend comes from the the below:

Australian Shepherd
http://dogtime.com/dog-breeds/australian-shepherd

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs...-avg-fh_lsonsw&hspart=avg&hsimp=yhs-fh_lsonsw

I now have two presently both were rescued from bad situations but have fully recovered and are loving smart attentive to their owners. If you are interested in this breed and have issues finding a homeless one get up with me & I will assist you in any way I can. I would suggest that you stay away from puppy farms & better do your homework on the $$$$ breeders some of which are not good to deal with. Some of these homeless dogs have a past with situations that you have presently.

There are hundreds of great homeless adult dogs :love:waiting to be adopted throughout the US.(y)

It's really cool what you're doing Bonifay!

Really wanted - Australian Cattle Dog, but I didn't think I had the energy to keep up with it -- and I actually have a small herd and didn't want them stressed in the slightest, plus my last dog who shed wasn't the wife's favorite - so I got a small Yorkie and I swear it's the best dog I've ever had -- I don't have a name for her but she's "puppy" or "pups" or some version of it - but the thing is she has a wild adventurous spirit I really get a kick out of

so far she has 5 mice kills to her name - she is a rat dog after all -- but now she's after big game!

Here she is hunting a squirrel

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4mE3z8cDVKE

RedRam

Pro Bowler
That is one great looking dog!
Is he a mix, or just ended up with short hair?

Thank you. He's an even better dog than his looks. Without a doubt my best friend.

He's a purebred Golden. His coat takes after his mom, red and shorter. His dad was more blonde with much longer fur. At 110-115 lbs, he's a big boy but not quite as big as his dad at 125 lbs.

About 10-11 weeks...

IMG_06111_zpsuiztdvbc.jpg

The scars on his nose are from being put in his place with the Lab/Golden mix I had at the time.

This is about 2.5-3 years old. He ended up being quite red...

Jett_close-up.jpg

Chillin...

IMG_02321_zpslgvnt273.jpg

...and he LOVES the water...

Jettswimming_zps97c64a87.jpg
...especially the beach...

00327e01-15ff-4a2b-acaf-ebc261cbeafa_zpsa5qahafx.jpg

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Awesome pics @RedRam! Thanks for sharing them with us. (y)

The last couple of weeks Flash the Beagle has had back pains and plus it's been dangerously cold and icy out there so we had to abstain from walking much. We just now came back from a half-hour walk in the woods and it was exhilarating for both of us.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Awesome pics @RedRam! Thanks for sharing them with us. (y)

The last couple of weeks Flash the Beagle has had back pains and plus it's been dangerously cold and icy out there so we had to abstain from walking much. We just now came back from a half-hour walk in the woods and it was exhilarating for both of us.

Bummer. I hope Flash is on the mend! Yeah, I've been seeing some ghastly temps from the East lately. I was commenting to my GF that there was over 100 degree difference from some places out there to here.

We've been having the opposite here. I was sweating my @$$ off walking the Golden Jett over the weekend. It was near 90 at my place. Fortunately, the wind was blowing a bit. I live on top of a hill and it's a solid workout just walking up the freakin' hill, let alone when it's hot.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Bummer. I hope Flash is on the mend! Yeah, I've been seeing some ghastly temps from the East lately. I was commenting to my GF that there was over 100 degree difference from some places out there to here.

We've been having the opposite here. I was sweating my @$$ off walking the Golden Jett over the weekend. It was near 90 at my place. Fortunately, the wind was blowing a bit. I live on top of a hill and it's a solid workout just walking up the freakin' hill, let alone when it's hot.

Right now I'd take that over the snow and ice storms. The other night when I was bitching and moaning to my wife about it, she asked me "What do you want to do?" I told her I want to live in a little shack by the ocean (of course it must have broadband) with my dog. :) That didn't go over well. :sneaky:

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Right now I'd take that over the snow and ice storms. The other night when I was bitching and moaning to my wife about it, she asked me "What do you want to do?" I told her I want to live in a little shack by the ocean (of course it must have broadband) with my dog. :) That didn't go over well. :sneaky:

Yeah, me too! As much as I love skiing and hockey, I do NOT like the cold!

I recall having similar conversations with both of my exes, usually based on incredibly stupid questions like, "Who would you rather be with, me or the dog?" :rolleyes: :wtf::rolllaugh:

"You don't really want me to answer that, do you Honey?" The truth hurts sometimes...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
"Who would you rather be with, me or the dog?" :rolleyes: :wtf::rolllaugh:

If I've been gone for even half an hour, when I come home the dog goes nuts, runs around the house howling and crying and then jumps into my arms. :grouphug:

The wife usually asks "What are you doing home already?" or "You're late, where have you been?" or "What's for dinner?" And yet she wonders why I love my dog. :mrburns:

Then again, someone once said, "Don't get too big-headed about the way your dog greets you when you come home. You're not that great!" :)

RedRam

Pro Bowler
If I've been gone for even half an hour, when I come home the dog goes nuts, runs around the house howling and crying and then jumps into my arms. :grouphug:

The wife usually asks "What are you doing home already?" or "You're late, where have you been?" or "What's for dinner?" And yet she wonders why I love my dog. :mrburns:

Then again, someone once said, "Don't get too big-headed about the way your dog greets you when you come home. You're not that great!" :)

Yeah, same here. Jett goes off when I get home. Ex #2 used to complain about it, "Why does he do that? Doesn't that bother you?"

"He loves me, that's why! And no, it doesn't bother me at all. Why should it?" "You know what bothers me? Your constant bitching and complaining the second I walk in the door! Why do YOU do that?":yess:

More "fart in church" material from yours truly! :rolllaugh:

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
@Red Ram and @Prime Time - funny stuff, made my day.:rolllaugh:

Reminds me of Led Zep's "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to".
(Why I never asked Mari who she liked better - me or Rox). :cautious:

Again Red - great looking dog. 115 lbs! :shocked:
Cooper's dad was red (110 lbs, mom more cream, so we'll see...(not that it matters).
I'll post a pic every month.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Again Red - great looking dog. 115 lbs! :shocked:
Cooper's dad was red (110 lbs, mom more cream, so we'll see...(not that it matters).
I'll post a pic every month.

Thanks again. He's around 110 right now. I'm trying to get a little more weight off of him as he is getting older. I'd like to get him down around 100 even. He's pretty solid though. People see him and think he's all fur...until they touch him that is. He's very strong but pretty well trained so he's pretty easy to handle. He can give you a run for your money in a game of Tug-O-War though when he's into it. I used to let him drag me across the tile floor while lying on his blanket. I'm about 195-200...

Looking forward to seeing more of Cooper!

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I think that's from "Oh Well" by Fleetwood Mac.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5SSOoLuUlM

Looking forward to it. (y)

You are obviously nobody to fuck with when it comes to music. Gotta do some research. :cautious:

And I DO remember the 60's (sort of).:thinking:

Maybe I'm thinking of "don't ask me 'bout the shape I'm in - I'm too skinny and my legs are thin". Sorta' the same riff. Or clip. Or whatever.

You'll be 67 Some Day. It's actually pretty cool, but over-laced with CRS. :rockon:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Maybe I'm thinking of "don't ask me 'bout the shape I'm in - I'm too skinny and my legs are thin". Sorta' the same riff. Or clip. Or whatever.

That's "Oh Well" also. :snicker: The reason I know that song so well is that I played and sang it countless times in bands during my youth. :rockon:

You'll be 67 Some Day. It's actually pretty cool, but over-laced with CRS. :rockon:

Turned 65 thirteen days ago. I'm almost there. Creaking and groaning but still rockin' and rollin.' :cheers:

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
That's "Oh Well" also. :snicker: The reason I know that song so well is that I played and sang it countless times in bands during my youth. :rockon:
Turned 65 thirteen days ago. I'm almost there. Creaking and groaning but still rockin' and rollin.' :cheers:

LOL - honestly lying in bed last nite thinking "that's from the same song, idiot!" :palm:
To make matters worse, I was a big Fleetwood Mac fan back when....
...can't remember. :huh:

Speaking of "You're never to old to Rock and roll, if you're to young to die", he's coming to the Smith Center here in Vegas in August. Tickets on sale tomorrow - I'm in.
Huge fan - probably one of the only people in the world that liked Thick as a Brick.
(Talk about OT - and I started this thread).:shades: