My boy is almost grown up.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Here is the 8 week pic I posted in another thread that some of you guys might remember. He weighed in at 6 lbs and was infested with the Giardia parasite. Almost lost him the first week but we got him treatment and he made it thru.

dk3.jpg

Now here he is at 7 months. Healthy as a horse and has more energy than I can keep up with.

dk2.jpg

He's a really smart dog. He has learned to sit, lay down, stay, come, fetch, roll over, high five..
He's only limited by me not knowing how to teach him other tricks. He hangs out with me everywhere I go. Loves truck rides. He watches over my wife and mother-in-law like a hawk. Very protective guy for sure but he's also super loving and gentle with my young nephews. One of the most surprising things though is how he befriended my cat. He sleeps with her every night. If he's outside and see's her in the window he goes nuts wanting to get inside to her.

I wasn't so sure how things would work out when we decided to give him a home but now I couldn't imagine not having him around. I think we might even adopt another dog soon. Just can't beat the unconditional love dogs give if you treat them well.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Great job!!!
I rescued a baby dear that was abandoned, nursed the sucker for months with a bottle thinking it was a doe only to find he had balls about a month ago
His name is Calibos after the villain in Clash of the Titans
The dude just likes to hang and eat apples - love this guy
Anyway thanks for being so great to your boy, all animals have souls and a special spirit

image.jpg

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Good looking dog...I have three border collies....each one smarter than I. :huh:

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great job!!!
I rescued a baby dear that was abandoned, nursed the sucker for months with a bottle thinking it was a doe only to find he had balls about a month ago
His name is Calibos after the villain in Clash of the Titans
The dude just likes to hang and eat apples - love this guy
Anyway thanks for being so great to your boy, all animals have souls and a special spirit

View attachment 12039

That is so cool. Will you get to keep him forever or will you some day have to release him?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Here is the 8 week pic I posted in another thread that some of you guys might remember. He weighed in at 6 lbs and was infested with the Giardia parasite. Almost lost him the first week but we got him treatment and he made it thru.

View attachment 12035

Now here he is at 7 months. Healthy as a horse and has more energy than I can keep up with.

View attachment 12036

He's a really smart dog. He has learned to sit, lay down, stay, come, fetch, roll over, high five..
He's only limited by me not knowing how to teach him other tricks. He hangs out with me everywhere I go. Loves truck rides. He watches over my wife and mother-in-law like a hawk. Very protective guy for sure but he's also super loving and gentle with my young nephews. One of the most surprising things though is how he befriended my cat. He sleeps with her every night. If he's outside and see's her in the window he goes nuts wanting to get inside to her.

I wasn't so sure how things would work out when we decided to give him a home but now I couldn't imagine not having him around. I think we might even adopt another dog soon. Just can't beat the unconditional love dogs give if you treat them well.

I think I asked you this last time,,, but what's his name again?

He's a good looking dog.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I think once he gets mature in the Spring he'll go chasing some tail - literally :LOL:

Could be.

Maybe not though. When we lived in San Antonio (Fort Sam Houston) there was a place there called the Quadrangle that had a shit ton of deer like that. They were abandoned as babies and bottle feed by humans. Those deer were fat and happy to stay right where they were... they were fenced in though hahaha.

The big bucks were friendly with humans, even the older ones.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Could be.

Maybe not though. When we lived in San Antonio (Fort Sam Houston) there was a place there called the Quadrangle that had a crap ton of deer like that. They were abandoned as babies and bottle feed by humans. Those deer were fat and happy to stay right where they were... they were fenced in though hahaha.

The big bucks were friendly with humans, even the older ones.

That's great to hear, I hope he hangs out as long as he wants cause his future is dubious at best on his own - wait until he turns 21 (deer years) and I give him his beer or when he gets a load of the Chalice! He won't be going anywhere

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
@Pancake - I remember that little dude. Great looking dog - and yes - dogs are the best. @Dieter the Brock you ought to buddy him up with one of your calves. See if they get along. How fun would that be to have one of your long horns hanging out with a buck deer?

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Little update on Duke. He earned his keep a few nights ago. I had just got out of the shower at around 10pm. I could hear Duke in the backyard going crazy, barking and growling at something. I figured it was either a Possum or a racoon because we get those a lot around here. So I go outside with a flashlight and the first thing I notice is that Duke is kind of hiding around the corner of my house and facing across the yard where we have a tool shed. There is also a lot of fruit trees in that area which makes it hard to see. Once he saw me heading over to take a look he glued himself to my side and stayed right with me while a scanned the tree's. That's when I noticed the shed door was open. That got my heart pumping a little because there is a lock on there and even though it wasn't locked you would still need to remove it to unlatch the door. So yah I'm thinking this might be bad but I was brave with Duke there so I start walking towards the shed slowly and just about there when this mother fucker comes running out. This guy runs for the fence and Duke chased him all the way. I nearly had a heart attack to be honest. So the dude gets over the fence into the yard next door and I start yelling for my wife to call the cops. Me and Duke stood guard until they arrived and then I told them the story. The cops go next door and search the property and they actually catch the guy. Turns out the guy was wanted and a registered sex offender. The police told me it looked like he had been living in the neighbors backyard for a while and they didn't even know it. My fucking blood ran cold thinking about what this guy might have been planning with my wife and mother in law while I am away.

So here is the guys mugshot from a few years ago. His name is Gary Moneta.

garymoneta.jpg

And yah Duke got an extra huge piece of steak for his good work.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Little update on Duke. He earned his keep a few nights ago. I had just got out of the shower at around 10pm. I could hear Duke in the backyard going crazy, barking and growling at something. I figured it was either a Possum or a racoon because we get those a lot around here. So I go outside with a flashlight and the first thing I notice is that Duke is kind of hiding around the corner of my house and facing across the yard where we have a tool shed. There is also a lot of fruit trees in that area which makes it hard to see. Once he saw me heading over to take a look he glued himself to my side and stayed right with me while a scanned the tree's. That's when I noticed the shed door was open. That got my heart pumping a little because there is a lock on there and even though it wasn't locked you would still need to remove it to unlatch the door. So yah I'm thinking this might be bad but I was brave with Duke there so I start walking towards the shed slowly and just about there when this mother freaker comes running out. This guy runs for the fence and Duke chased him all the way. I nearly had a heart attack to be honest. So the dude gets over the fence into the yard next door and I start yelling for my wife to call the cops. Me and Duke stood guard until they arrived and then I told them the story. The cops go next door and search the property and they actually catch the guy. Turns out the guy was wanted and a registered sex offender. The police told me it looked like he had been living in the neighbors backyard for a while and they didn't even know it. My freaking blood ran cold thinking about what this guy might have been planning with my wife and mother in law while I am away.

View attachment 13526

Damn.
That is scarry.
I'm sure the neighbors appreciate Dukes good work as well.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Good Dog!!!

That's a creepy looking fucker right there... I'm kinda happy that Duke didn't take a bite out of him now that I've seen him.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Little update on Duke. He earned his keep a few nights ago. I had just got out of the shower at around 10pm. I could hear Duke in the backyard going crazy, barking and growling at something. I figured it was either a Possum or a racoon because we get those a lot around here. So I go outside with a flashlight and the first thing I notice is that Duke is kind of hiding around the corner of my house and facing across the yard where we have a tool shed. There is also a lot of fruit trees in that area which makes it hard to see. Once he saw me heading over to take a look he glued himself to my side and stayed right with me while a scanned the tree's. That's when I noticed the shed door was open. That got my heart pumping a little because there is a lock on there and even though it wasn't locked you would still need to remove it to unlatch the door. So yah I'm thinking this might be bad but I was brave with Duke there so I start walking towards the shed slowly and just about there when this mother freaker comes running out. This guy runs for the fence and Duke chased him all the way. I nearly had a heart attack to be honest. So the dude gets over the fence into the yard next door and I start yelling for my wife to call the cops. Me and Duke stood guard until they arrived and then I told them the story. The cops go next door and search the property and they actually catch the guy. Turns out the guy was wanted and a registered sex offender. The police told me it looked like he had been living in the neighbors backyard for a while and they didn't even know it. My freaking blood ran cold thinking about what this guy might have been planning with my wife and mother in law while I am away.

View attachment 13526

Holy shit, Duke deserves steaks for a month, imagine what that sick bastard could have done. You're braver than I am, if I saw the door open I would have gotten my gun right off the bat and the dude would have ended up with a few holes in him. Fuck that noise.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Good boy Duke! That's a dog I would not want to meet in a shed at night. He looks like he can take care of business.

I have a new Beagle, Maya. My father got her but couldn't keep her so he asked if my girls would "watch her for a few days while he looked for a new owner."

Scheming old bastard.

He had us at the first little puppy howl.

Maya2.JPG

This is Roxie. Smart, sweet as can be, and loyal. She was a rescue dog. When we went to get her it was her and her sister. Roxie was already called for but they hadn't shown up yet. I think her sister was an actual Jihadist in a dog costume. Completely batshit crazy.

Well, they didn't show by the deadline so we got Roxie and as we left the store, the other guy had showed and her sister had hold of his pant leg and was dragging his ass around the floor! Good luck with that, guy.

20160312_15.JPG

Last edited: