Musician Prince dead at 57

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/21/prince-dead-at-57/

PRINCE DEAD AT 57
BY TMZ STAFF

The artist known as Prince has died ... TMZ has learned. He was 57.

Prince's body was discovered at his Paisley Park compound in Minnesota early Thursday morning.

Multiple sources connected to the singer confirmed he had passed.

The singer -- full name Prince Rogers Nelson -- had a medical emergency on April 15th that forced his private jet to make an emergency landing in Illinois. But he appeared at a concert the next day to assure his fans he was okay. His people told TMZ he was battling the flu.

Prior to his most recent appearance however, Prince had cancelled two shows due to health concerns.

Prince became an international superstar in 1982 after his breakthrough album "1999."

He went on to churn out a ton of hits -- and racking up 7 Grammys in the process. He also performed at the Super Bowl in 2007 ... in one of the greatest live performances of all time.

He also sold more than 100 million records during his career ... and won the Academy Award for Best Original Song Score for Purple Rain in 1985.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8BMm6Jn6oU

Prince was married two times -- the first time to his backup dancer Mayte Garcia. They split in 2000. He then married Manuela Testolini ... but they split in 2006.

He was inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame in 2004, and performed a legendary version of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" to close the ceremony.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Minnesota-days-musician-rushed-hospital.html

BREAKING NEWS: Prince, 57, dies at Minnesota estate just days after he was rushed to hospital from private plane with 'severe flu'
  • Prince has died aged 57 at his Paisley Park estate in Minnesota
  • Paramedics and police were called to his suburban home at 9.43am
  • He was rushed to hospital six days ago with flu symptoms after falling ill on his private plane
  • Music icon appeared at a gig on Saturday and told fans: 'Wait a few days before you waste any prayers'
By OLLIE GILLMAN FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

Prince has died aged 57 at his estate in Minnesota, just days after he was rushed to hospital from his private plane with flu.

Paramedics were called out to the music icon's Paisley Park estate at 9.43am and Carver County Sheriff's Department confirmed that there had been a fatality.

A forensics team and a medical examiner are at the scene.

Prince - full name Prince Rogers Nelson - was rushed to hospital six days ago with flu symptoms after his private plane made an emergency landing.

3339F1DB00000578-3552300-Someone_has_died_at_Prince_s_estate_at_Minnesota_just_days_after-m-39_1461257125163.jpg

He was aboard his private flight when he fell ill, forcing it to make an unscheduled landing in Illinois on Friday morning.

TMZ reported that the seven-time Grammy award winning singer's plane diverted to Quad City International Airport in Moline, Illinois, to make the emergency landing.

He had had been suffering from flu for a number of weeks and was believed to be recovering, but took a turn for the worse in the early hours of Friday.

He was treated for three hours before being released.

Initial reports on his condition painted a much graver pictures, with one source claiming at the time he was 'not doing well'.

The Purple Rain hitmaker had performed at The Fox Theatre in Atlanta on last Thursday night - the second of two back to back sold out shows - and had seemed fine during the concert.

Prince made what is believed to have been his final public appearance on Saturday at a dance party in Minnesota.

He was keen for people to have 'living proof' that he is still alive, and he arrived at the bash to show off his new guitar and piano.

He didn't sing, but he did tell the crowd: 'Wait a few days before you waste any prayers.'

The superstar musician combined rock, R&B, soul and hip-hop to create a unique sound that led to him selling more than 100million records during his 40-year career.

Prince was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, in 1958 and started making music at the age of seven.

He went on to have four number 1 albums in the U.S. starting with Purple Rain in 1984 and continuing with Around The World In A Day, Batman and 3121.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The world is a little less cool than it was yesterday. RIP

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Damn.
We just lost a major talent.

I don't know anyone that doesn't like at least one Prince song.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That sucks! A music Icon, way too early :cry:

R.I.P

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He wasn't my style, but then I'll be 72 this year! But It is Sad to see a Talented person Die so young! R.I.P.!!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I grew up listening to Prince. When Doves Cry and Little Red Corvette were amazing songs that played on the radio in the 90s.

Rest in peace.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Great.... I bet that graveyard / high school year book for old people, I mean Facebook is blowing up with this news

Not broken up about this at all - never a fan
I mean have you guys seem Graffiti Bridge? What about Under the Cherry Moon?

Enough said

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Sad news

I was never the biggest Prince fan , but there was no denying his talent

It's been a pretty rough year

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Wow, the streak of musical deaths continues. Serious bummer.

Guy was a true original in every sense of the word. Rest in peace.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He was unusually special.

I only like a little of his stuff but there is no question he was an amazing talent.

Name
Adam
would have posted "shes always in my hair" but prince is badass enough not to have his music on the internet.

one of a kind. rip.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Great.... I bet that graveyard / high school year book for old people, I mean Facebook is blowing up with this news

Not broken up about this at all - never a fan
I mean have you guys seem Graffiti Bridge? What about Under the Cherry Moon?

Enough said

@tavian - Comments removed by mod. While I agree that was an insensitive quoted comment, we don't attack each other like that here.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I grew up listening to Prince. When Doves Cry and Little Red Corvette were amazing songs that played on the radio in the 90s.

Rest in peace.

i remember when "when doves cry" first came out. it was like what the? never heard that shit before. i would have my hand on the radio tuner while doing my homework hoping to come across the song.

ahhh, one of the greats. his albums gave me so much joy.