Muscle car

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How many of you guys like the retro style muscle cars we see today, Camaro, Challenger, Charger etc. I love seeing how they borrowed from the classic 60's designs with the modern look. I wish they would have brought back some of the colors though. Like GM's light metallic poweder blue and Ford's school bus yellow.

Those were car colors!!!

I have a 06 SRT8 Charger, really love the car and it hauls ass too. But by far the Challenger is the best. Hellcat do you need to say anymore. We have 69 Camaro that someday will be back on the road as a big block SS clone. Have a 72 FJ40 that I just love that will be taken off the road in about 5 years and have a frame off restro just in time for me to retire and then be my daily driver.

My 1st car was a 70 Plymouth Satellite that looked very close to this
attachment.php
Wish I had that back. Loved the 68 to 70 Chargers.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
I like the comebacks they are making, sure.

Is automobile design a dying art? I am sure we'll look back years from now at today's cars with some admiration, but will it be the same?

Not to hijack the thread entirely, but are there any 1990's cars that inspire like those classics?

only one that comes to mind is the Viper (started in 91 I believe)....

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
My choice would be a 1969 Corvette L88...I will never afford one unfortunately.

I don't love it because it is expensive, I love because of why it was made and how they hid it...

If you are not familiar with its' story look it up :)

corvette_stingray_l88_427_coupe_2.jpg

fancents86

Starter
Saw one of these in real life and fell in love
image.jpg

Can't beat a challenger
image.jpg

Not a muscle car but I love the fieros. Was my first car and I still have it!
image.jpg

Of course the classic Eleanor
image.jpg

New tran am concept which makes me feel some type of way
image.jpg

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
This one is easy. 1969 Boss 429 Mustang. I would put that bitch in a well air conditioned and vented garage and let her run an hour a week. Keeping all parts properly lubed and then in today's time, I sell it for a couple hundred thousand and pay off my home and buy my a new 6.7 Powerstroke (Good Thread)

View: http://youtu.be/l3ZqFi5P6Co

I had a 69 Mustang. Only car, that I deeply regret selling. I rebuilt the 302 engine, added all the upgraded parts, did all the chrome...worked in a custom shop at the time, and the interior was pristine.

The shop that I worked in, did all the Chip Foose cars in Overhaulen.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

My very first car was a 1972 Torino. It has a 351 Cleveland motor. It was a year before the Starsky and Hutch model. Very, rear end light. The car did burn-outs like no other. Mine was brown. I loved the show's red, with white stripes. Damn, I loved the show! I jacked mine up with Crager wheels.

The muscle car died, shortly after....

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Saw one of these in real life and fell in love
View attachment 12072
Can't beat a challenger
View attachment 12073
Not a muscle car but I love the fieros. Was my first car and I still have it!
View attachment 12076
Of course the classic Eleanor
View attachment 12075
New tran am concept which makes me feel some type of way
View attachment 12074

I've always had a thing for Fiero's as well , bought my first one in the late 80's , got married , sold it , then about 10 years ago I bought my second one , a 86 GT , and have had it ever since , only has about 35,000 miles on it

Then
N5h1_zpsxedbrovk.jpg

Now
fiero4_zps096a2a15.jpg

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
My very first car was a 1972 Torino. It has a 351 Cleveland motor. It was a year before the Starsky and Hutch model. Very, rear end light. The car did burn-outs like no other. Mine was brown. I loved the show's red, with white stripes. Damn, I loved the show! I jacked mine up with Crager wheels.

The muscle car died, shortly after....
Still my favorite Cop show , I have the entire series on DVD

When I was a little kid , there was actually a lady here in town who owed a replica Starsky and Hutch car

There is a interview on the DVD's with Paul Michael Glaser and he talks about how much he hated that car , that it barely had enough power to get up a hill.................lol

This isn't that same interview , but it's close

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Still my favorite Cop show , I have the entire series on DVD

When I was a little kid , there was actually a lady here in town who owed a replica Starsky and Hutch car

There is a interview on the DVD's with Paul Michael Glaser and he talks about how much he hated that car , that it barely had enough power to get up a hill.................lol

This isn't that same interview , but it's close

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
As a 16 year old kid...that car had plenty o'power.

As a Hollywood superstar, at the time, meh, probably not so much, but going up a hill??? Come on...I used to do 360's without trying. 1974 is when America started doing radical changes to cars, because of fuel costs.

That show...my favorite, at the time, and underrated.