Muscle car

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don't think so. Not any that I can think of from Ford or Chevy. Just a really bad time for them. They're making a comeback to a degree.

I could definitely see Dodge Vipers inspiring like those classics. Corvettes too. And the Challengers/early Camaros are cars that I could see being sought after as well.

It all depends on how well they hold up over the years. Those older cars were built to last.

I loved the Camaro when they first brought it back but I don't like where the design has gone since then. I favor the Challenger to it now. They've stuck with the muscle car roots and design with some twists. Camaro has strayed too far. But that's just my opinion.

But yes, I definitely loved it when they brought it back. It was a great idea after the atrocities of the 90s.

I'm with you on the Camaro, it lost the sleek look and now it looks like they fed it steroids and it's just not the same. It looks out of balance.

I have always wondered why car makers don't replicate older styles, ala throwback unis, when a car model hits a milestone like a 25 year or 50 year anniversary or whatever.

Imagine a Mustang with today's tech and innovations and modern, comfortable interior but a body that looked like the first ones to roll out and color choices that ranged from the modern stuff to the old colors like the robins egg blue.

They would sell tons.

Speaking of atrocities like the 90's..........when the Japanese first started bringing their cars to the US in significant numbers they were easy to pick out in a parking lot. Ugliest shit you've ever seen. Times changed on that though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm with you on the Camaro, it lost the sleek look and now it looks like they fed it steroids and it's just not the same. It looks out of balance.

I have always wondered why car makers don't replicate older styles, ala throwback unis, when a car model hits a milestone like a 25 year or 50 year anniversary or whatever.

Imagine a Mustang with today's tech and innovations and modern, comfortable interior but a body that looked like the first ones to roll out and color choices that ranged from the modern stuff to the old colors like the robins egg blue.

They would sell tons.

Speaking of atrocities like the 90's..........when the Japanese first started bringing their cars to the US in significant numbers they were easy to pick out in a parking lot. Ugliest crap you've ever seen. Times changed on that though.

Haha, that's very believable.

As for your Mustang idea, I think Ford agrees with you. ;)

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/street-smarts/brand-new-classic-ford-mustang-article-1.2156723

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
auto-500-1971-1980-ford-pinto-1979wtmk.jpg

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
@Dieter the Brock Is that an AMC Javelin? I knew a guy that had a purple one. Funky cool car. James Bond drove it in one of the movies I believe.

No MOPAR fans here? Roadrunner. Beep beep, bitches.

137d1342959507-what-your-favorite-classic-mopar-car-plymouth-road-runner-race-car-01.jpg

162451_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's not Ford doing it, but if they ever do that will be a beautiful thing.

The dude that is doing that is making serious coin I'm sure.

Ah, I thought it was Ford doing a specialty type thing. Well, still, that dude had a great idea.

CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey

I'm honestly more of a truck guy than a car guy. If I was going for a classic it would be something like one of these:

1978-Toyota-Land-Cruiser.jpg

Or go completely nuts and do something like this.

4081297022_350w.jpg

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
You fellas can keep your Muscle cars , I'd love to get ahold of a 1934 Ford Sedan

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Never was much into muscle cars, all I need is a bike and a truck, but this thread brings back memories and makes me smile.

This would be the last year they put the flathead for their trucks, and I love the old long beds.
005.jpg

When it comes to power, I'd rather have something I have tighter control over ...
34_monster_1200_r.jpg

RedRam

Pro Bowler
'64 Camaro
55eAi.jpg

I think that's a '69. It's a beauty though. I'm not really into the flat black look but that car does look great. Good choice!!

First Gen Camaros were model years '67-'69.