Muscle car

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This one is easy. 1969 Boss 429 Mustang. I would put that bitch in a well air conditioned and vented garage and let her run an hour a week. Keeping all parts properly lubed and then in today's time, I sell it for a couple hundred thousand and pay off my home and buy my a new 6.7 Powerstroke (Good Thread)

View: http://youtu.be/l3ZqFi5P6Co

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
My dad always wanted a '67 Barracuda

I regret not being older, because the height of American Muscle had passed when I was a kid. When I was getting into the age of liking cars... this was a thing.

Plymouth_Prowler.jpg

Europe had pretty much beaten the US when it came to manufacturing super cars. I didn't grow up wanting a Mustang or a Viper, I wanted a McLaren F1.
McLaren-LM2-GT.jpg

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
This one is easy. 1969 Boss 429 Mustang. I would put that bitch in a well air conditioned and vented garage and let her run an hour a week. Keeping all parts properly lubed and then in today's time, I sell it for a couple hundred thousand and pay off my home and buy my a new 6.7 Powerstroke (Good Thread)

View: http://youtu.be/l3ZqFi5P6Co

A buddy of mine in high school had a blue 69 but he actually swapped the stock engine out for an even bigger one. Not positive but I think it might have been a 460 (possibly even bigger). His philosophy was to put the largest possible engine you can fit into the cavity. Needless to say it was an extremely powerful car. Too much so as it turns out. He was letting another buddy drive it one day. When the stoplight turned green he punched it and completely lost control of the car totaling it out. It was a sad, sad day. Yes, they are still friends to this day.

Last edited:

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
See that's nice for the time, but if you can get all mumbers matching, that's where the money is.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
How many of you guys like the retro style muscle cars we see today, Camaro, Challenger, Charger etc. I love seeing how they borrowed from the classic 60's designs with the modern look. I wish they would have brought back some of the colors though. Like GM's light metallic poweder blue and Ford's school bus yellow.

Those were car colors!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
How many of you guys like the retro style muscle cars we see today, Camaro, Challenger, Charger etc. I love seeing how they borrowed from the classic 60's designs with the modern look. I wish they would have brought back some of the colors though. Like GM's light metallic poweder blue and Ford's school bus yellow.

Those were car colors!!!

I like the comebacks they are making, sure.

Is automobile design a dying art? I am sure we'll look back years from now at today's cars with some admiration, but will it be the same?

Not to hijack the thread entirely, but are there any 1990's cars that inspire like those classics?

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
A buddy of mine in high school had a blue 69 but he actually swapped the stock engine out for an even bigger one. Not positive but I think it might have been a 460 (possibly even bigger). His philosophy was to put the largest possible engine you can fit into the cavity. Needless to say it was an extremely powerful car. Too much so as it turns out. He was letting another buddy drive it one day. When the stoplight turned green he punched it and completely lost control of the car totaling it out. It was a sad, sad day. Yes, they are still friends to this day.

Wouldn't this be like pulling the Hemi out of your Cuda and replacing it with a 440?

Not an upgrade!

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Yeah, for me it's between this and a Mustang of similar vintage. That was such a great period of muscle cars.

I like the Mustangs as well. If I owned one though, I'd probably choose the Camaro. It just seems a little more masculine.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Is automobile design a dying art? I am sure we'll look back years from now at today's cars with some admiration, but will it be the same?

Not to hijack the thread entirely, but are there any 1990's cars that inspire like those classics?

90's cars were meh for sure. Though the 80's were worse!!!

Right now some of the nicer sedans and SUV's have some nice styling. But overall I would have to answer your query with a "nope".

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
'64 Camaro
55eAi.jpg
Beautiful car, but the Camaro didn't debut until the 1967 model year. That beast looks like a 69' to me. Pure sex.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Torn between my three favorites

The 63 Vette
63_split_window_corvette_by_spw69-d6yuozj.jpg

The 69 Camaro Z28
red_69_Camaro_Z28_Rally_Sport_by_Partywave.jpg

And the 65 GTO
771b141d67378925e1a27b084d2c51bc.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't think so. Not any that I can think of from Ford or Chevy. Just a really bad time for them. They're making a comeback to a degree.

I could definitely see Dodge Vipers inspiring like those classics. Corvettes too. And the Challengers/early Camaros are cars that I could see being sought after as well.

It all depends on how well they hold up over the years. Those older cars were built to last.

Those were car colors!!!

I loved the Camaro when they first brought it back but I don't like where the design has gone since then. I favor the Challenger to it now. They've stuck with the muscle car roots and design with some twists. Camaro has strayed too far. But that's just my opinion.

But yes, I definitely loved it when they brought it back. It was a great idea after the atrocities of the 90s.