Movie Sequel Better Than Original

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can think of three, but maybe you all can come up with more? My offering is Billy Jack. I loved Billy Jack and his fight against the town/ranchers. BUT, Tom Laughlin had to make another movie before Billy Jack to raise money for its production. That fund raiser was through the first Billy Jack movie, The Born Losers. Films with violent biker gangs was a popular subject in the 60's and so Laughlin made the popular movie so he could then make the movie he wanted to make, Billy Jack,

So which sequels can you think of that were better than the original?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So kind of a complicated and debatable answer but the first one that comes to mind is The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. It was made after a Few Dollars more and Fistful of Dollars but it's usually considered a prequel regardless of the sequence it was filmed. It's arguably the greatest western ever made so I'll go with that.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll give another one. Star Trek: Wrath of Khan. It was light years better than the first movie Star Trek. Ricardo Montalban was an excellent villain.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can think of three, but maybe you all can come up with more? My offering is Billy Jack. I loved Billy Jack and his fight against the town/ranchers. BUT, Tom Laughlin had to make another movie before Billy Jack to raise money for its production. That fund raiser was through the first Billy Jack movie, The Born Losers. Films with violent biker gangs was a popular subject in the 60's and so Laughlin made the popular movie so he could then make the movie he wanted to make, Billy Jack,

So which sequels can you think of that were better than the original?
So my long time karate instructor was a stunt guy in two Billy Jack movies. He showed us his scenes back in 1996 and we chuckled because the camera made him look tall. He was 5”4” and 150lbs at the time, the movie made him look tall and mean. Never watched any of the movies besides clips he showed us.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So my long time karate instructor was a stunt guy in two Billy Jack movies. He showed us his scenes back in 1996 and we chuckled because the camera made him look tall. He was 5”4” and 150lbs at the time, the movie made him look tall and mean. Never watched any of the movies besides clips he showed us.
The movie is a little hippy-dippy, but the revenge fight scenes are very satisfying. Green beret Indian guy vs the racist rancher and his rich spoiled son (and the town's people. Howard Hessman (Johnny Fever from WKRP in Cincinnati) is one of the extras in the film.... I bet you would like it if you saw it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Billy Jack was a boss
"Im gonna take this right foot, and whop you on that side of your face, and ya know something? There's nothing you can do about it"

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To answer the question, I thought the first Mission Impossible movie kind of sucked, and the rest of them have been pretty awesome

Tano

Legend
Aliens was better than Alien but in a different way (action vs horror)

Same with T2 vs Terminator

Caddyshack2

Throw Away Dirty Work GIF by MOODMAN

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Caddyshack2

I loved the whole aspect of the building/colonizing in space with Aliens. Add in Bill Paxton and it was a great sequel. Alien for how old I watched it for the first time at was the scariest movie ever to me :D

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Caddyshack2

I learned something interesting today that there was one actor who was in both Aliens and T2. Jenette Goldstein, who played Private Vasques in Aliens was the housewife mimicked by the Terminator and who speared her husbands head with an arm sword without blinking....

oldnotdead

Legend
I saw the original uncut version of Alien while working for Transamerica Productions, then I went with a friend who wanted to see the movie at the regular theatrical release version. It was night and day. They edited out a lot of important stuff because of running time constraints. One scene I won't forget is when Ripley finds the crew below decks all in their cocoons. They realized their mistake in regards to that scene in Aliens where it's shown. That is why that script was rewritten to include it. There were a lot of scenes in the original that were cut in the final theatrical release.

Then there was Jurassic Park. The original was good, the sequels not so much. But the first two Jurassic World were on par with the original Jurassic Park.

The two Sicario movies are an exception to the rule. Both have a common theme and both are very well made. I can't wait for Sicario 3 to get released.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A lot of people rank Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back as the best of the Star Wars series.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A lot of people rank Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back as the best of the Star Wars series.
I do too. That was the third sequel I refered to in the OP Without saying….

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've seen many debate Godfather II being better than the 1st (I dont agree) and the Rocky movies (1 thru 4) can have interesting rankings. Speaking of which, the Creed franchise may be the best "spin off" movie series, although I cant really even think of another.
Silence of the Lambs is somewhat of a sequel though none of the original cast members from Manhunter reprised their roles

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Hottub Time Machine 2

Both Harry Potter and Bourne movies had several sequels better than the original.

Aliens

This isn't answering your question but I see folks mentioning Star Wars and I might be the only person that I know that liked A New Hope over the rest of the sequels.

Dirigo

Rookie
Name
Andrew
It could be argued that Superman II (with Christopher Reeve) was better than the original.

1678642597170.png

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I liked Predator 2 over the original Predator. Arnold may have had some nice quips, but the second one had a better cast, more plot and lore around the Predator aliens, and had more at stake. The first one had a bunch of muscle-bound special forces in a remote jungle area. The second was in L.A., full of innocent people with only police really fighting the Predator - the stakes were made clear during the subway fight and during the scene where the kid points his toy gun at the Predator.

Tano

Legend
I liked Predator 2 over the original Predator. Arnold may have had some nice quips, but the second one had a better cast, more plot and lore around the Predator aliens, and had more at stake. The first one had a bunch of muscle-bound special forces in a remote jungle area. The second was in L.A., full of innocent people with only police really fighting the Predator - the stakes were made clear during the subway fight and during the scene where the kid points his toy gun at the Predator.

finals campus GIF

or this

Get to the Choppa