Most Talented Musical Group

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I've got a sleeper so I'll save it, but the Eagles are in the conversation

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Thordaddy said:
I've got a sleeper so I'll save it, but the Eagles are in the conversation

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiJBjv911VM[/youtube]

PhxRam

Is the criteria just bands with talent?

If so, even though I think they suck

Traveling Wilburys

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHozn0YXAeE[/youtube]

:sly: :sly: :sly:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
PhxRam said:

Traveling Wilburys
YOU DOG, didn't take you long :evil:
I thought I had a good game going,yup that's the most talent assembled short of the "We are the world" bunch

PhxRam

Thordaddy said:
PhxRam said:

Traveling Wilburys
I thought I had a good game going,yup that's the most talent assembled short of the "We are the world" bunch

You could actually argue The Beatles if you take their individual careers into account.

Another band I would add is The Yardbirds, which kick started the careers of Beck, Clapton, and Page.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The Beatles and Eagles are probably 1 -2. Everyone in both of those groups could sing.
I used to be into Fleetwood Mac (for obvious reasons) when I was a yougin' too.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ9EDUClEyo[/youtube]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ABBA had a ton of hits too, but I never really like them all that much.

PhxRam

X said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHozn0YXAeE[/youtube]

:sly: :sly: :sly:

Where were the parents during this time? If my hair touched the tops of my ears, my grandmother would break out the scissors.

Braids? She probably would have made me wear a bow to go with it.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
PhxRam said:
Thordaddy said:
PhxRam said:

Traveling Wilburys

You could actually argue The Beatles if you take their individual careers into account.

Another band I would add is The Yardbirds, which kick started the careers of Beck, Clapton, and Page.

My kids are on a "The Beetles are overrated" kick, I worry about them,but they did intro me to the Black Keys so maybe not so much

PhxRam

Thordaddy said:
PhxRam said:
Thordaddy said:
PhxRam said:

Traveling Wilburys

My kids are on a "The Beetles are overrated" kick, I worry about them,but they did intro me to the Black Keys so maybe not so much

The Beatles are overrated? That's normally what you hear from a Oasis fan.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
PhxRam said:
Thordaddy said:
PhxRam said:
Thordaddy said:
PhxRam said:

Traveling Wilburys

:lol: Noel Galagher......

It's Led Zeppelin for me. Without a doubt

Jimmy Page is arguable one of the best guitarist of all time, certainly in the top 5 or 10. Robert Plant had a howling, powerful, unearthly voice and is also considered one of the greatest of all time(Rolling Stone has him at 15). John Bonham, again considered one of the best of all time, is the most powerful booming drummer ever. And John Paul Jones was the the jack of all trades that brought the other instruments into harmony.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
PhxRam said:
Thordaddy said:
PhxRam said:
Thordaddy said:
PhxRam said:

Traveling Wilburys

I take it personally,I think it's why they say it :grr:
I tell 'em if I'd known it was gonna turn out this way,I wouldn't have let their mom switch babies in the hospital. :?!:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If we are talking about sheer musical talent this conversation begins and ends with......

Emerson, Lake and Palmer.

Game, set, match.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
LesBaker said:
If we are talking about sheer musical talent this conversation begins and ends with......

Game, set, match.
Techno Foul ,NO synthesizers allowed

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Thordaddy said:
LesBaker said:

Game, set, match.

Emerson on his own tilts the scale. Nevermind the other two.

Watch the whole clip....he is astounding.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jmz3jy1Cls[/youtube]

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
LesBaker said:
Thordaddy said:
LesBaker said:

Game, set, match.

Emerson on his own tilts the scale. Nevermind the other two.

Watch the whole clip....he is astounding.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jmz3jy1Cls[/youtube]
Well that's 6:31 I'll never get back

JK Les ,I saw EL&P at the Miss. River Festival ,JoJo Gun warm up band circa 1973.
They were gute.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Well...

Genesis as a group = very successful
Phil Collins solo = Very successful
Peter Gabriel = Very Successful
Mike Rutherford = Mike and the Mechanics. so so

The rest of the band not so much.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I really don't want to be that guy that starts to bring up 'super groups,' but if you wanted to get into star power, Chickenfoot was a good one...even though the musical output left me slightly disappointed. You wouldn't think you could go wrong with Satriani, Hagar, Michael Anthony and Chad Smith.

I wish Audioslave would get back together as well. I loved Rage Against the Machine, love Soundgarden, but honestly I might like Audioslave just a bit more than either of those others. Chris Cornell is probably this generations greatest vocalist. Boom. Went there.

I know the metal scene :twisted: isn't for a lot of you fellas, but if you dig some amazing musicians, time changes, breakdowns and great solos they are definitely worth looking into. :bangin:

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Warner4Prez said:
I really don't want to be that guy that starts to bring up 'super groups,' but if you wanted to get into star power, Chickenfoot was a good one...even though the musical output left me slightly disappointed. You wouldn't think you could go wrong with Satriani, Hagar, Michael Anthony and Chad Smith.

I wish Audioslave would get back together as well. I loved Rage Against the Machine, love Soundgarden, but honestly I might like Audioslave just a bit more than either of those others. Chris Cornell is probably this generations greatest vocalist. Boom. Went there.

I know the metal scene :twisted: isn't for a lot of you fellas, but if you dig some amazing musicians, time changes, breakdowns and great solos they are definitely worth looking into. :bangin:

Ohhhhh.... Good point about supergroups.

Chickenfoot had some great talent, but turned out awful IMO. Audioslave had a lot of talent, mainly Morello and Cornell, and produced some great music.

You could throw Velvet Revolver in there too. Slash, Scott Weiland(Stone Temple Pilots), Duff McKagen(GNR/Loaded), and Matt Sorum(GNR/Cult). I think they were a bit disappointing commercially, but I really liked a lot of their music.

Them Crooked Vultures also. I really like their material. Dave Grohl(Nirvana/Foo Fighters), Josh Homme(Queens of the Stone Age) and John Paul Jones(Led Zeppelin)

Theres Black Country Communion with Joe Bonamassa, Glenn Hughes(Black Sabbath/Deep Purple), Jason Bonham(Son of John), and Derek Sherinian(Dream Theatre). Cream and Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

I'll stay with Led Zeppelin as my most talented group tho :cool: