More Cheating? Nah, can't be.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...tigated-for-deflated-footballs-062844133.html

Deflate-gate? Report: Patriots being investigated for using deflated footballs

According to Bob Kravitz of WTHR.com, the NFL will investigate the possibility that the New England Patriots deflated footballs during the AFC championship game, which they won 45-7 over the Indianapolis Colts.

The game was marred by constant rain, which makes gripping the ball more challenging. Obviously, a less-inflated ball is easier to grip than a fully inflated one.

The league has specific guidelines on just how much pressure the ball must have — between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch, weighing between 14 and 15 ounces.
Kravitz believes the fine could be a stiff one if the Patriots are found guilty, even if they'll still play the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl.

There was a delay before the third-quarter-opening kickoff that might have included game officials investigating the balls the Patriots were using.

Although there hasn't been an NFL team accused or found guilty of this recently, former USC head coach Lane Kiffin — who, coicindentally, was named the front-runner in several reports to become the San Francisco 49ers' offensive coordinator — was accused of doing the same against Oregon in 2012 before losing his job during that season.

The Patriots have faced accusations that they've skirted the rules for years, and they were penalized for spying on the New York Jets during the 2007 season with the loss of a first-round draft pick and a hefty fine paid not by the team but by Bill Belichick himself.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Yeah... "stiff" fine... we've seen those in action before.

If we're lucky, it'll be about 1% of what being in a Super Bowl is worth...

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...tigated-for-deflated-footballs-062844133.html

Deflate-gate? Report: Patriots being investigated for using deflated footballs

According to Bob Kravitz of WTHR.com, the NFL will investigate the possibility that the New England Patriots deflated footballs during the AFC championship game, which they won 45-7 over the Indianapolis Colts.

The game was marred by constant rain, which makes gripping the ball more challenging. Obviously, a less-inflated ball is easier to grip than a fully inflated one.

The league has specific guidelines on just how much pressure the ball must have — between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch, weighing between 14 and 15 ounces.
Kravitz believes the fine could be a stiff one if the Patriots are found guilty, even if they'll still play the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl.

There was a delay before the third-quarter-opening kickoff that might have included game officials investigating the balls the Patriots were using.

Although there hasn't been an NFL team accused or found guilty of this recently, former USC head coach Lane Kiffin — who, coicindentally, was named the front-runner in several reports to become the San Francisco 49ers' offensive coordinator — was accused of doing the same against Oregon in 2012 before losing his job during that season.

The Patriots have faced accusations that they've skirted the rules for years, and they were penalized for spying on the New York Jets during the 2007 season with the loss of a first-round draft pick and a hefty fine paid not by the team but by Bill Belichick himself.

I'm sick of this.
When is the NFL going to hold this organization responsible?

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
After today's game I am beginning to lose interest in football. I have absolutely no interest in and will not be watching the Super Bowl.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I am glad the article mentioned the possibility of lost draft picks... but at some point, the League needs to start retroactively disqualifying the Patriots from games for this nonsense, which is what leagues of integrity do when someone is caught cheating (Yes, even if people guess the cheating team would have won anyway).

The Spygate penalty should have been every single Patriots win from 2000-2006 forfeited, including the 3 Super Bowls.

A55VA6

Legend
Incredible. I just laughed out loud at this.

When will they learn? They will always be labeled as cheaters anyways..

Last edited:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm sure the league will do a thorough investigation and make sure all balls are properly inflated before such investigation begins.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

fuck i hate that team. i want the seagulls to win with the biggest blowout in superbowl history.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
I will wait and see what the investigation finds. That's the fair thing to do, after all. I don't want to jump to any conclusions, I will wait to see the evidence.

What? What do you mean the evidence was burned?

Oh, okay. Nothing to see here, move on.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I will wait and see what the investigation finds. That's the fair thing to do, after all. I don't want to jump to any conclusions, I will wait to see the evidence.

What? What do you mean the evidence was burned?

Oh, okay. Nothing to see here, move on.

haha, now that's funny.
;)

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Here's what SHOULD happen. If this took place.

1. NE MUST be disqualified from the SB this year.
2. NE must pay a $500 million fine.
3. NE must forfeit ALL championships and memorabilia during BillaCHEAT's tenure.
4. NE must forfeit all first, second and third round draft picks for TEN years.
5. NE must reimburse everyone for ALL monies lost while legally betting on a game involving the CHEATriots during BillaCHEAT's tenure.
6. BillaCHEAT MUST be banned from football for life.
7. All conspirators, those complicit and duplicit and anyone knowing or allowing this to occure and continue to occur MUST be banned from football for life.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G

Breaking: A league source tells me the NFL is investigating the possibility the Patriots deflated footballs Sunday night. More to come.
— Bob Kravitz (@bkravitz) January 19, 2015

I'm told at one point the officials took a ball out of play and weighed it. Should hear more tomorrow on this subject.

I'm told at one point the officials took a ball out of play and weighed it. Should hear more tomorrow on this subject.
Told if a league investigation confirms deflated footballs it will result in lost draft picks. Stay tuned.
Nobody is suggesting this is why the colts lost obviously. They were manhandled.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Report: NFL looking into whether Patriots “deflated footballs” in AFC title game
Posted by Mike Wilkening on January 19, 2015, 2:19 AM EST
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptdizgi3y2rlztg2yzy1yzvjnmy2zjy3zgm3yzezztux.jpeg
Getty Images
As the attention of the football world turns to Super Bowl XLIX, there is reportedly some question about the game balls used in the AFC Championship.

Bob Kravitz of WTHR.com and NBC’s WTHR-TV in Indianapolis reports the NFL is looking into whether the Patriots “deflated” game ballsduring their 45-7 victory over the Colts on Sunday night. Kravitz reports a ball was taken out of action to be weighed.

According to the NFL’s 2014 rule book, game balls are to be inflated with between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds of air. Per NFL rules, home and road teams must provide 12 game balls apiece to be tested and approved by the league 135 minutes before game time. The home team also has to have 12 reserve game balls on hand to be tested, with the road team also having that option in outdoor games.

Kravitz reports punishment for deflation could involve the NFL taking away draft selections. That prospect, however, would seemingly have to be tied to having proof of intent to deflate the ball with an eye on getting an edge, perhaps by making the ball easier to grip.

The Patriots lost their 2008 first-round pick as punishment for taping Jets signals. Head coach Bill Belichick was fined $500,000, and the Patriots were docked $250,000.

FRO

Legend
I'm sure the patriots cheated. That being said, why isn't the NFL in charge of the footballs. Why is it the Patriots/home teams's responsibility? That seems odd to me.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Belichek will cheat until he's stopped from doing so. The only punishment that will stop him is for him to be banned from the league. Surely a second infraction like this would require that? As well as that they should lose all their draft picks for next year.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I must be getting old. Remember when even the hint of cheating ruined careers, whole programs. Now its just yeah they cheated here's your parking ticket. The whole thing is just going to shit. Hey you kids get the Hell off my lawn!

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure if it's another team trying to pile by making false accusations like Baltimore last week or if it's real.

If it's real, why? Seriously why so much cheating. You have a great coach great QB, why deflate balls against a team you are so much better than?

Is there such a thing as a cheataholic? Sounds like Bill needs counseling

V3

Hall of Fame
I am glad the article mentioned the possibility of lost draft picks... but at some point, the League needs to start retroactively disqualifying the Patriots from games for this nonsense, which is what leagues of integrity do when someone is caught cheating (Yes, even if people guess the cheating team would have won anyway).

The Spygate penalty should have been every single Patriots win from 2000-2006 forfeited, including the 3 Super Bowls.
I agree with you but I understand why they didn't forfeit this games. Las Vegas. All those bets would have been reversed and I guarantee they knew they'd be facing a catagory five shit storm if they changed game results.