mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thehammer

Rookie
based primarily by watching which college games rams scouts attended last fall and interviews & pro day visits...not necessarily who I would draft

1. Brandon Scherff/Lael Collins or Clemmings if Scherff is gone Rams scouted Clemmings and watching to see if Boudreau is at LSU pro day today

2. Perryman/Paul Dawson....any cap guys can the Rams trade Laurenaitis? Williams needs a mlber who plays behind the line of scrimmage Perryman has 27 1/2 tfl in his career and Dawson 20 last year alone..btw Williams has along history of moving the incumbent mlber to slb after he is hired...rams sent lber coach to watch Dawson's TCU workout

3.Hundley/Grayson Fisher when asked what traits would he want in a vet qb..he said a winning record...got exactly that in Foles...when asked what he wants in a rookie he said talent/mobility..Hundley has both and will be able to start in 2016

4.Tyrus Thompson OT Oklahoma 6’5 330 or Havenstein rams have scouted both..sleeper pick is Dez Lewis WR Central Arkansas 6'4 215 rams scouted...only a matter of time before Quick's face shows up on a milk carton Lewis is special..very rare finding a tall wr with the flexibility to get low on balls and singled out for praise at Senior Bowl by Phil Savage

6.Craig Mager CB Texas St 6’0 191 47 career pd 8 int big body some quickness good tackler 211 career tackles great sparq or Tye Smith CB Towson 6’1 190 CH+++ 180 tackles last 2 years ? Shrine game interview good sparq bet Williams hates McGee and Rams just attended Mager's pro day and interviewed Smith..both would be great st players as they learn

7. Donatella Luckett WR Harding 6’1 215 senior bowl invite killer blocker 26’1 avg senior over 20 as a junior CH+++ or Jordan Taylor WR Rice timed an official 4.47 in the 40 while also posting a 37-inch vertical jump and 10-9 broad. also Malcolm Agnew RB Southern Illinois 5’9 208 is a possibility..finally cut Pead. ...also Stacy doesn't play on st's and could be traded....Rams have scouted all 3

Last edited:

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I could definately live with that mock--addresses many needs the Rams have. Kudos, @thehammer !
Also like the perspective of looking at the draft thru the eyes of Rams' scouts.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I like what you did in the first 2 rounds. QB seems like a forced pick there. I personally would not touch a QB in this draft till the 5th.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
based primarily by watching which college games rams scouts attended last fall and interviews & pro day visits...not necessarily who I would draft

1. Brandon Scherff/Lael Collins or Clemmings if Scherff is gone Rams scouted Clemmings and watching to see if Boudreau is at LSU pro day today

2. Perryman/Paul Dawson....any cap guys can the Rams trade Laurenaitis? Williams needs a mlber who plays behind the line of scrimmage Perryman has 27 1/2 tfl in his career and Dawson 20 last year alone..btw Williams has along history of moving the incumbent mlber to slb after he is hired...rams sent lber coach to watch Dawson's TCU workout

3.Hundley/Grayson Fisher when asked what traits would he want in a vet qb..he said a winning record...got exactly that in Foles...when asked what he wants in a rookie he said talent/mobility..Hundley has both and will be able to start in 2016 in LA

4.Tyrus Thompson OT Oklahoma 6’5 330 or Havenstein rams have scouted both..sleeper pick is Dez Lewis WR Central Arkansas 6'4 215 rams scouted...only a matter of time before Quick's face shows up on a milk carton Lewis is special..very rare finding a tall wr with the flexibility to get low on balls and singled out for praise at Senior Bowl by Phil Savage

6.Craig Mager CB Texas St 6’0 191 47 career pd 8 int big body some quickness good tackler 211 career tackles great sparq or Tye Smith CB Towson 6’1 190 CH+++ 180 tackles last 2 years ? Shrine game interview good sparq bet Williams hates McGee and Rams just attended Mager's pro day and interviewed Smith..both would be great st players as they learn

7. Donatella Luckett WR Harding 6’1 215 senior bowl invite killer blocker 26’1 avg senior over 20 as a junior CH+++ or Jordan Taylor WR Rice timed an official 4.47 in the 40 while also posting a 37-inch vertical jump and 10-9 broad. also Malcolm Agnew RB Southern Illinois 5’9 208 is a possibility..finally cut Pead. ...also Stacy doesn't play on st's and could be traded....Rams have scouted all 3

1st Rnd - I really Like!
2nd Rnd - I think Perryman is fast, but a little Small and Light weight for me. I prefer either Anthony or McKinney to Dawson, mainly because their Bigger and Faster.
3rd Rnd - Personally I don't see Fisher going for a QB here. although I think your spot-on with the picks.
4th Rnd - Like your picks, good value at this spot! I'd also consider Daryl Williams - Okla.- 6ft 5-327-4.47 in the 40.
As far as your 6th and 7th round picks, I'm not that far along in stacking my board yet, so i'll save any comment on them! Good work as usual Hammer!!(y)

Stel

Starter

3.Hundley/Grayson Fisher when asked what traits would he want in a vet qb..he said a winning record...got exactly that in Foles...when asked what he wants in a rookie he said talent/mobility..Hundley has both and will be able to start in 2016 in LA

Looks pretty good, hammer.

thehammer

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looks pretty good, hammer.
thanks Williams/Rams have really been looking at later rd tall cb's

Williams cryptic remark about Gaines starting game 16 at nickle.."that's what we drafted him for"
don't think anyone sees him as a long term starter on the outside...short with short arms

Stel

Starter

Williams cryptic remark about Gaines starting game 16 at nickle.."that's what we drafted him for"
don't think anyone sees him as a long term starter on the outside...short with short arms

Several months ago I was advocating Eric Rowe of Utah when he was a late round projection. I notice he is getting a lot more popular and some are saying possible round 2. also, there is a big CB at Texas Southern I don't know much about, Tray Walker. Just short of 6'3", 4.5 or better 40, and good shuttle and 3 cone times. Apparently looked good in drills at his pro day. Have never seen him play but his measureables look very good.

Ltrautman

MIZ
I doubt Hundley will be available for us in the 3rd and I dont like the assumption of LA in 2016

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

Makes you think why they drafted Lamacus Joyner so high..... ?

thehammer

Rookie

he wasn't drafted to play outside either....rare for someone to be drafted in the 2nd just for a sub package
also Joyner had a brutal sparq..don't think Williams gives a hoot about that stuff.
just looks for players to fill specific roles and fit into his packages

thehammer

Rookie
Several months ago I was advocating Eric Rowe of Utah when he was a late round projection. I notice he is getting a lot more popular and some are saying possible round 2. also, there is a big CB at Texas Southern I don't know much about, Tray Walker. Just short of 6'3", 4.5 or better 40, and good shuttle and 3 cone times. Apparently looked good in drills at his pro day. Have never seen him play but his measureables look very good.

Rowe will have a top sparq at cb..very rare to see a cb that tall with his short times 6'1 39 vertical 3.97 short shuttle and 6.70 3 cone...3rd rd based on tape IMO

watched a little of Walker...not bad. expected a sparq only guy who couldn't play football but found he plays to his quick numbers and is aggressive.....should get a big udfa bonus if someone doesn't take him in the 7th

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
bring in the Raiders..Carr to White TD!

I've already decided - I'm sticking w the Rams no matter where they end up. I'm pot committed at this point.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread - but wanted you to know that someone noticed your not so subtle nature shining thru.

As to your mock, O Line at 10 seems quite likely. MLB on day 2 feels pretty unlikely - JL, I thought, had his best year last year - the staff loves him (we can trust them, right?) - and he is pretty affordable right now.

thehammer

Rookie
I've already decided - I'm sticking w the Rams no matter where they end up. I'm pot committed at this point.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread - but wanted you to know that someone noticed your not so subtle nature shining thru.

As to your mock, O Line at 10 seems quite likely. MLB on day 2 feels pretty unlikely - JL, I thought, had his best year last year - the staff loves him (we can trust them, right?) - and he is pretty affordable right now.

and Rams have been scouting mlb because? Rams didn't send their lb coach to watch Dawson because they wanted his opinion on the TCU wr's

have spent major time looking at how Williams defense works and his player moves over his career...just think JL might be the next vet to go..sure looks like it

as to the Raiders I've started following them pretty closely and would have zero problem dropping the rams and just watching the Raiders on Sundays next year....why wait till 2016...the coming 2015 season will be brutal watching the Rams knowing they are leaving

and don't worry about hijacking this thread.....no big deal

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
and Rams have been scouting mlb because? Rams didn't send their lb coach to watch Dawson because they wanted his opinion on the TCU wr's

have spent major time looking at how Williams defense works and his player moves over his career...just think JL might be the next vet to go..sure looks like it

as to the Raiders I've started following them pretty closely and would have zero problem dropping the rams and just watching the Raiders on Sundays next year....why wait till 2016...the coming 2015 season will be brutal watching the Rams knowing they are leaving

I think the Rams scout all kinds of players every year - you never know what's going to happen and good teams scout across the board and prepare for every contingency. Scouting a guy doesn't necessarily mean that you plan on taking him or that the vet who occupies that current position in on shaky ground with the team.

Being honest w myself, I think I tend to find ways to argue against any defensive pick on day 1 or 2 of the draft. I think rounds 1-3 should be spent entirely on the offensive side of the ball - and I'm generally a bpa purist.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
tcus-paul-dawson-turns-in-much-better-clocking-in-40-at-pro-day

TCU linebacker Paul Dawson's performance at the NFL Scouting Combine was noteworthy in its mediocrity. It received so much attention that Dawson felt obligated to respond on Twitter.
The good news for Dawson is that he looked noticeably better Friday at TCU's pro day. Specifically, his time in the 40-yard dash improved significantly from 4.93, which could be reassuring for teams that were questioning his athleticism after the combine.
Despite his combine showing, Dawson (6-foot-0 1/8, 235 pounds) remains a favorite of some teams and he likely will be one of the first linebackers -- excluding edge rushers -- off the board.
His workout Friday certainly caught the eye of some teams. The St. Louis Rams and New Orleans Saints met with him at the event, according to the Fort Worth Star Telegram's Charean Williams.
Dawson led TCU, which finished 12-1, with 136 tackles during the 2014 season, when the Horned Frogs (12-1) finished eighth nationally in scoring defense and 18th in total defense. TCU uses a 4-2-5 set, and Dawson is seen as an inside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme by some analysts and an outside guy in a 4-3 set by others.
Dawson is the top-ranked linebacker in the draft by NFL Media analysts Mike Mayock and Lance Zierlein (their linebacker rankings do not include LBs who are seen as edge rushers). Zierlein calls him an "outrageously productive linebacker with a nose for the ball." Dawson said in mid-March that he had visits with five teams set up.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Overall I like the draft. It is realistic.

@thehammer I think that 8to12 was referring to the fact that the Rams claimed they drafted Joyner to play the slot. I never liked the pick and would have preferred Garapolo in round 2 but or another maneuver to get a QB. Maybe they are thinking to move Joyner to Safety where many thing he should play.

The Rams have real interest in Dawson and they had real interest in CJ Mosley last year. I think they are starting to think JL has to go, or at least that they want to groom someone this year to take over next season. Most of us have felt the defense would be better with a guy that can defend the run better, especially in the middle. Maybe we find out. I question wether or not Dawson has the smarts to be the brains on D though. But I guess they can transfer those duties to TJ McDonald if need be.

They are sending some confusing signals though. They trade for Barron to play the safety/LBer hybrid and draft Mo Alexander for the same role the same year they really were interested in Mosley. Then turn around and sign Akeem Ayers to reportedly compete with JoLonn when Dunbar barely played last season. Now they are looking at Dawson. So, which way will it be? They gonna start playing LBers mostly or keep playing the Safeties? If it is the latter, using a 2nd on Dawson and paying Ayers seems to be a bit of overkill.

thehammer

Rookie
I think the Rams scout all kinds of players every year - you never know what's going to happen and good teams scout across the board and prepare for every contingency. Scouting a guy doesn't necessarily mean that you plan on taking him or that the vet who occupies that current position in on shaky ground with the team.

Being honest w myself, I think I tend to find ways to argue against any defensive pick on day 1 or 2 of the draft. I think rounds 1-3 should be spent entirely on the offensive side of the ball - and I'm generally a bpa purist.

Teams do plan for contingencies BUT all teams scout by need...there is a reason the rams are avoiding LT's and highly ranked 3 tech dt's...also not scouting highly ranked cb's....scouting ALL the players would be a waste of time and money and manpower.

I also learn more by who the rams aren't scouting....I see 10-15 teams at a top nickle cb's pro day but zero rams interest then see the same thing happen again, again and again it becomes easy making the inductive leap

trust me Seattle isn't sending its scouts to Oregon to watch Mariota..be pointless. Doubt Rams scouts went to Nevada to watch Fajardo. Theyalso would be wasting their time scouting 3-4 NT's...I see then showing up at tall wr pro days but not slot wr's...think maybe because they haven't given up on Austin yet? NE has maybe only 75 players on their draft board..other teams maybe 100/125....how much time do you think they are spending scouting players they don't want or aren't scheme fits?

Rams have been looking at mlb prospects for 6 months and almost drafted CJ Mosley last year....I see a pattern

find it much more interesting basing my mocks on who the rams are scouting and the pro days they attended then saying which players I want.

Athos

Legend
This isn't really relevant to your mock at all, hammer, I'm just curious.

What would think of Golden as a DE to groom to spell/replace Long down the line? Worth it at all?