MMQB: The Truth About Jared Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

…..

Legend
A wise man once told me to know what you but also dont know what you dont know.

You know?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say where people keep questioning you on is you never come out and just say he's good or done good. You always feel the need to qualify things or hedge his improvements. Yet at the same time you come out and talk about how good guys like GRob or Quick are and we've seen so much evidence to the contrary.
So were clear...He played a good game...I have noticed an adjustment in this game...looking off defenders....he still has work, but it appears he's getting MUCH better...

And I'm positive I've said it in another thread somewhere....so, he wants to what needle me about some critiques I saw in prior games?

I still need more....but I'm feeling more confident as a fan....

But to keep on & on & on & on....for him (JG) to change my opinion completely....he needs to continue on this path...and beat some good teams. And we should be playing some of those shortly...

Cautiously optimistic..... 14 years of losing football.....Hell, that's as good as it gets....We were 3-1 last year too.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say where people keep questioning you on is you never come out and just say he's good or done good. You always feel the need to qualify things or hedge his improvements. Yet at the same time you come out and talk about how good guys like GRob or Quick are and we've seen so much evidence to the contrary. So we see you hesitant to support a guy who's leading our offense and doing a great job doing it while at the same time you don't hesitate to endorse Robinson who most people would just as soon forget ever wore the horns. I'm just guessing but I have a feeling this is a lot of the issue.
Yeah, he reminds me of an old retired lawyer. He just like to pick a side and twist the truth. You miss the arguments don't you. LOL

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And I'm positive I've said it in another thread somewhere....so, he wants to what needle me about some critiques I saw in prior games?

I still need more....but I'm feeling more confident as a fan....

But to keep on & on & on & on....for him (JG) to change my opinion completely....he needs to continue on this path...and beat some good teams. And we should be playing some of those shortly...

Cautiously optimistic..... 14 years of losing football.....Hell, that's as good as it gets....We were 3-1 last year too.
Even in trying to respond to me you're hedging your bets and reinforcing what I've said :)

We all know he needs to keep doing this and continue to grow to be great. Most of us just assume that's common knowledge. You state that before you even acknowledge his good play. There's a huge difference.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
57 completions on 81 attempts for 70.4%
817 yards for 10.1 yards per attempt
5 touchdowns and 1 interception
sacked 3 times
With stats like these^ I say Bench Him!! Until we play the Cowpie's!!(y):D

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
You know....game was exciting....we were winning....then, here comes Hoyer....a lil part of me wanted them to tie the score...convert that 2 pointer....and force Jared to drive for a fg to win the game....but I was happy when Brockers had that pick. Jeez, Troy Hill got beat down there...lucky to break up that pass. But I thought that would've been a great, just a great moment....Drive down....kick the FG....maybe next week.

I have to admit it would have been awesome for the Rams to win that way, and the media would have been all over it!

Goff is a more talented version of Cousins.

If this is true, and the writer has no idea if it is or isn't, then the Rams are in really good shape.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wondering where do you see...in anything I have said after the game...that I gave him NO CREDIT? You're so stuck in your, whatever this LA Champ guy writes, I HAVE to respond.....
So were clear...He played a good game...I have noticed an adjustment in this game...looking off defenders....he still has work, but it appears he's getting MUCH better...

I still would like to see this type of performance against a good team....but I am hopeful....Hell, almost confident, he'll do pretty well.

Sorry if the "I know football" narrative bothers you so much.

I do know football.

Dude everything you say about Goff is a backhanded compliment.. like a reverse shit sandwich ..you'll say something negative then something semi positive then something negative .... and Its getting real tired real fast

As for knowing football ? You're the biggest proponent of quick and Britt and grob players that aren't even here anymore ... so you'll tear down Goff but prop up non Rams players he'll you admited you wanted the niners to tie it up ... ain't a Rams fan I know that would ever wish that

You're so enamoured with the athletes and 40
Times and sparq scores and how they look in tight t shirts ... you forgot to asses them on how they football

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Goff is a more talented version of Cousins.

Meh, I think they're very different. But for one thing Cousins still gets easily rattled and psyched out. Goff, tho there's a small sample size, seems to have a touch of icey water in his veins if I'm not mistaken--and he's only 22. I'm really excited about his future.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see a franchise QB in Jared Goff... I think we owe his development as much to Andrew Whitworth, as to any other factor. The kid is feeling comfortable not having to worry about his blind side, and he is making great decisions. He has an excellent touch when throwing the ball. He is accurate and his ball is normally perfectly placed and is catchable. He is everything most of you our recent QB's have not been. Even the accurate Bradford just knew how to drill the ball into a WR...Goff throws a really great ball! He wil have bad games as all young QB's do..!But we have our guy, and it feels so good!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Meh, I think they're very different. But for one thing Cousins still gets easily rattled and psyched out. Goff, tho there's a small sample size, seems to have a touch of icey water in his veins if I'm not mistaken--and he's only 22. I'm really excited about his future.

Cousins has been lighting up defenses for quite awhile now. As far as getting rattled we can say that about any QB.

They are different type of guys no question and I think Goff's willingness to stay in the pocket that extra heartbeat is going to serve him well.

A lot of guys will throw it early to avoid the hit, Goff seems willing to stand and deliver. Like Kurt used to say "you're going to get hit anyway".

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
And (maybe this was already stated - there are a lot of posts here):
2017, Week 3: Goff playing like an all-pro, and Bradford is out, injured. (Which is sad in itself; liked Sam, but he seems not very durable)....

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
No...It only counts when you've been told about the problem, and are unable to correct it. Like last night...seemed to make a concentrated effort to look off defenders. I wonder why?

Because Jared remembered a tequila breathed sage from camp last year and his wise rant:

:rant:"Stop staring down your receivers Goff!!" Said Champ, as campus security began to close in the belligerent fan. "you'll never amount to anything! We should have taken Wentz!!" :puke:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
@LACHAMP46 - you have said before that you have made up your mind about Goff because of what you have seen from him. You laughed off ideas he can be elite and said you'd be happy if he attained Rutledge or Brock status. It was your football knowledge that told you because he stared down his receivers in a practice that he couldn't correct that because he had to have been told to correct that repeatedly and hadn't done it. It was your football knowledge that told you all you needed to see from Goff.

All this while you continue to make a case for GRob and Quick who are no longer on the team. You even asserted that Whitworth was no better than GRob and that team politics were responsible for Quick not playing now.

When people bring up the fallacies of your arguments, you offer backhanded compliments or qualified mea culpas. So that is really what people seem to be irritated by.

I half suspect you are doing it to get a rise out of people. More though I think it's stubbornness. But very good football minds have been wrong about players - many times in fact. It's ok to acknowledge that. We'll still luv yuh. :cool:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I can understand some of that, for sure.

It is still early in his development... I thnk most fans live in the present... and, when things are going well, they don't want to consider that things could deteriorate. Nothing wrong with that at all.

I am ecstatic about how quickly Goff and the offense have progressed.

But I also remain cautious... there's a lot of football to be played and, as we all know, opposing teams generally figure out how to take away successful schemes.

So, while I am very happy with what I've seen so far, I would also like to see more. I think there's a fair number of Rams fans that feel this way.

The Robinson Quick defenses? I'm out on those.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can understand some of that, for sure.

It is still early in his development... I thnk most fans live in the present... and, when things are going well, they don't want to consider that things could deteriorate. Nothing wrong with that at all.

I am ecstatic about how quickly Goff and the offense have progressed.

But I also remain cautious... there's a lot of football to be played and, as we all know, opposing teams generally figure out how to take away successful schemes.

So, while I am very happy with what I've seen so far, I would also like to see more. I think there's a fair number of Rams fans that feel this way.

The Robinson Quick defenses? I'm out on those.
That's the thing I think most of the Goff "supporters" realise that there is a game coming where he will have an absolute nightmare .. the clunkers of all clunkers ... BUT the difference is .. we won't all be grabbing the pitchforks after the game and declaring the kid a bust or calling for mannion to start ..

But for now we are happy with the kids play and realise he will keep on getting bettter and better

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's the thing I think most of the Goff "supporters" realise that there is a game coming where he will have an absolute nightmare .. the clunkers of all clunkers ... BUT the difference is .. we won't all be grabbing the pitchforks after the game and declaring the kid a bust or calling for mannion to start ..

But for now we are happy with the kids play and realise he will keep on getting bettter and better
Yeah, it'll be a marathon for sure... right now, we're seeing a sprint.

And you're right... but some (probably very few) will take up the pitchforks if he has a bad game (and I'm pretty certain he will... he's human, after all ;))

Alls I know is... three games into the season and he's far exceeded most everyone's expectations.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Dude everything you say about Goff is a backhanded compliment

that's your opinion.....I don't know how many ways to say the guy played well...
It was your football knowledge that told you because he stared down his receivers in a practice that he couldn't correct that because he had to have been told to correct that repeatedly and hadn't done it. It was your football knowledge that told you all you needed to see from Goff.
Not only that, but I'll ride with that.

All this while you continue to make a case for GRob and Quick who are no longer on the team. You even asserted that Whitworth was no better than GRob and that team politics were responsible for Quick not playing now.
No where close with this...No, G-Rob isn't Whitworth....never said that....

Team politics....meh....There just are many cases around the league where the most talented player isn't being used. We saw it with AJ Green....we probably saw a lil when Kupp was getting more targets than Watkins....and I know a bunch of it went on when Tavon was getting more looks than Quick. The nature of the business. Teams phase out more talented and expensive players all the time...

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry if the "I know football" narrative bothers you so much.

I do know football.

LOL, careful might get a nosebleed being up that high on the pedestal you have built for yourself.

You know there is one thing that in my 50+ years I have always said. If one guy has a problem with you that you might want to consider the source, but if everyone has a problem (or is saying the same thing about you) then maybe it is time to look in the mirror.