Mmmmmmm. Beer.....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
We all drink it.

We all love it.

It's an integral part of sports culture.

So let's have a thread dedicated to it!

I'm currently enjoying a pint of Adnams' Broadside. What are you drinking?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't drink a lot of beer, but I do like Corona and Fosters.
I'm not a connoisseur of fine ales. I just wanna get drunk.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I just enjoy a good Sam Adams.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Corona is okay, at best.

Fosters is absolutely woeful. It's pure gas and additives.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I really like land shark too

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
Never had it, El J.

I drink as many beers as I can (all in the name of research, as I'm sure you'll understand) and I'm starting to develop a taste for American IPAs. They're not as good as English IPAs, obviously, but they do hold a certain allure.

Lagunitas' IPA is a very good one which I've tasted. Can anybody recommend any other examples of the genre?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The only beer I drink is super cold Corona Light.

I used to drink Heineken back in the day, but not anymore.

Rum tastes better than any beer to me, but drinking rum all day tends to interfere with being able to function at high levels. So for me,,, in the hot humid weather of this part of the world,,, a super cold Corona Light with a lime (especially a Key Lime) is hard to top.

Guess I'm banned too. But I'd like to voice my opinion on one other beer... Guiness (if that's even how it's spelled) tastes like shit.

That is all.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
Which Guinness versions have you tried, Selassie?

There's a huge difference between draught and bottled. And there are also significant differences within each of these divisions, depending upon where it's brewed.

Dublin draught (the original) is quite different to Lagos bottled.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Which Guinness versions have you tried, Selassie?

There's a huge difference between draught and bottled. And there are also significant differences within each of these divisions, depending upon where it's brewed.

Dublin draught (the original) is quite different to Lagos bottled.

I've sampled a few... and hated them all.

I did chug an Irish Car Bomb once. I think those are made with Guinness??? Since you have to chug that,,, the taste was somewhat tolerable, but I've never had the urge to order one for myself. A friend beat me in a pool game and my punishment was drinking the bomb.

You can have ALL the Guinness... but the Corona Light is mine.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I only really drink Lager. Don't mind a Guinness or another stout if you are starting early, settles the stomach. Don't like real ales or stuff like Sam Adams sorry.

Best lagers for me that I've tried are Quilmes, Dos Equis, Kokanee when travelling. At home I drink pints of Becks Vier, Carlsberg Export or Heineken even though none are English as such. As for bottles, Tiger, Peroni, Becks and Kingfisher (when going for a Ruby Murray) are good!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
OK - NOW we're talking my language.

www.TwistedSnout.com Just sayin' :D I own the brewery so I may be just a tad bit biased. But we make traditional styles. We have 12 of ours on tap and each one is pretty much a different style.

As far as other beers (I like a lot of them), some of the NW IPAs are pretty damn good. Sam Adams? meh I love a Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter, Watney's Red Barrel, Guinness of all sorts (including Harp Lager), Spaten Weisse, Pacifico, Tooth Sheaf Stout, to name but a few.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I like a good Boulevard Wheat draft with a slice of lemon. Hooergarden isn't bad either with a slice of lemon

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
I've heard of Twisted Snout. Who is your UK distributor?