Mike Vrabel?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
interesting new candidate that Rams will interview next week. If we're waiting until next week to interview Mike Vrabel, we're obviously in no rush. He's never been a coordinator.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dunno anything about him. The rams taking their time could be telling though. If they favored one of the coaches who isn't in the playoffs then you'd think theyd be near the end of the coaching search, not adding new candidates. Makes you wonder if the guy they want is still coaching in the post season (mcdaniels shanahan Patrica) or if they haven't been quite impressed with anyone yet.

Edit: just researched him. Nothing but good things being said about him so far

Last edited:

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
is he in coaching now ? remember him playing for the pats.. solid linebacker

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Lb coach for Texans...so still in the playoffs.

Psycho_X

Legend
Didn't even know he had got into coaching. Never having been a coordinator doesn't bug me too much. The head coach isn't going to be calling the plays so the obsession with getting a coordinator isn't a big deal to me. He also passed up a DC job with the Whiners last January according to wiki which I can't blame him avoiding that mess. But maybe he doesn't want to be a coordinator... just wants to coach players and let others call plays. Which is fine with me.

Anyway, kind of rambled there, he has definitely been part of winning organizations so has a good blueprint about what to do. His experiences with ONLY linebackers both playing and coaching seems glaring though. Interesting dark horse candidate though.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Could be a DC interview disguised as a HC interview. Maybe one of the other HC candidates brought up his name.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Pretty sure that he's a depth interview. Someone that might be a solid consideration at DC.

Dunno if he's ever had any connection with McVay or if they really liked Patricia and they want to talk more with his likely DC.

This might be a sign that the Rams are stealthily sending out vibes that they like McVay, but quietly leaning maybe Patricia.

Lord, do I hate the intrigue. Messes with people's real lives. For what?

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Played for the Patriots, and now coaching in Houston. I did like him on Hard Knocks when they had Houston on it a couple years ago.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The rams taking their time could be telling though

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...erview-mike-vrabel-for-head-coaching-vacancy/

Rams to interview Mike Vrabel for head-coaching vacancy
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 9, 2017

A surprising new name has been added to the Rams’ coaching wish list: Mike Vrabel.

Vrabel, the Texans’ linebackers coach, will interview with the Rams next week, Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com reports.

Vrabel is best known to football fans for his 14-year career as a linebacker for the Steelers, Patriots and Chiefs. After retiring as a player he spent three years on the coaching staff at Ohio State, and then spent the last three years on the Texans’ staff.

Some might question whether the 41-year-old Vrabel is ready to be a head coach, as he has never even been a coordinator. But the Rams are apparently interested in hearing what he has to say. That they’re willing to wait until next week to interview him suggests that they’re taking their time about finding a new head coach and won’t hire one any time soon.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...erview-mike-vrabel-for-head-coaching-vacancy/

Rams to interview Mike Vrabel for head-coaching vacancy
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 9, 2017

A surprising new name has been added to the Rams’ coaching wish list: Mike Vrabel.

Vrabel, the Texans’ linebackers coach, will interview with the Rams next week, Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com reports.

Vrabel is best known to football fans for his 14-year career as a linebacker for the Steelers, Patriots and Chiefs. After retiring as a player he spent three years on the coaching staff at Ohio State, and then spent the last three years on the Texans’ staff.

Some might question whether the 41-year-old Vrabel is ready to be a head coach, as he has never even been a coordinator. But the Rams are apparently interested in hearing what he has to say. That they’re willing to wait until next week to interview him suggests that they’re taking their time about finding a new head coach and won’t hire one any time soon.
Now this Texan defensive unit coach interests me as a possible new DC hire. Very sharp & intelligent man. I really like the way the Texan's LB'ers play the game. An example of this would be when Vrabel was offered the 9ers DC job last yr at this time & Vrabel turned the 9ers down on it.;).

Last edited:

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
:puke: Why don't we just hire Ken Norton Jr?? :puke::puke:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, one could surmise if ESK is really convinced The Patriot Way is best, Josh McDaniels could be the next Head Coach with Nick Caserio as the General Manager and Mike Vrable as Defensive Coordinator, would then create a Patriot Way West.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Josh McDaniels DC!

I was thinking the same. This looks like a definite Patriots' influence type interview, where they are probably checking him out due to the McDaniels or possibly Patricia interview. Most likely McDaniel though, no doubt.

The key indicator will be hires of staff commencing. If that starts up then we'll know what it is.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Could this be a connection to the Pats candidates. Remember this guy playing obviously there might be a tie. Say Matt Patricia?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I hear Bill O'Brien isn't happy...I'd suggest we look at HIM first....nothing against Vrable. Just best possible hire is all. Great player...Fantastic player...Probably get some LB's on the team besides Ogletree.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or doing their "Due Diligence"

Cant see why they would be interviewing DC candidates without a current HC, nor going thru the trouble of asking for permission to do so. So why not pull the HC card and all bets are off. Seems like a smart use of the system IMO

Agreed. IF that's what they're doing. I am not so sure about that suddenly.