Mike Evans, Marqise Lee or Sammy Watkins?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
IF, the Rams were to pick a WR in the 2014 Draft who (Evans, Lee, Watkins, etc) would you pick and why? I keep going back and forth between Evans & Watkins but I think I would take Watkins (But, Evans is very tempting!). Watkins just seems to be that special receiver/player that will make the other receivers/players better on offense! How would an opposing defense cover Watkins, Austin, Givens, Quick, Bailey and Pettis? Throw in Stacy, Cunningham, Richardson, Cook and Kendricks and the Rams offense could be very, very explosive next season!

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I kind of think that if a WR is taken this year it isn't at the top. I think Quick is getting closer to having a big impact. I also think Bailey might be pushing Givens for snaps come next year. It might not be a popular view, but that is how I see it shaking out.

...but to stay on target with the OP...again, if they take one I think it is later. I'd go big, either Cody Hoffman or L'damian Washington in the 5th or 6th rounds.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Brandon Coleman. As good, if not better then the the three you mentioned IMO. And could be had later as of right now, possibly even 3rd round. But i think he will move up the draft board as the combine and pro day go by.

As far as your lost of those 3, not really sure. At this point i'd take Watkins and Evans over Lee, though i still like Lee a lot. I guess if had to choose between them, I'd pick Watkins right now.

lockdnram21

Legend
I kind of think that if a WR is taken this year it isn't at the top. I think Quick is getting closer to having a big impact. I also think Bailey might be pushing Givens for snaps come next year. It might not be a popular view, but that is how I see it shaking out.

...but to stay on target with the OP...again, if they take one I think it is later. I'd go big, either Cody Hoffman or L'damian Washington in the 5th or 6th rounds.

im with u ithink quick and bailey will be starting outside soon. Quick passed pettis this weekend in reps hhe hade 3rd most.he tied tavon with the most catches for wr with 2.

OhioRam

Rookie
Sammy Watkins you have to take him if he is BPA the dude is the next torry Holt.
Same size and speed and both had good hands and run good routes

How about when we get the number 1 pick from the Redskins we trade it away to the Browns for Josh Gordon and a 2nd? No just me?

OhioRam

Rookie
Maybe 2nd and 3rd I don't see the browns getting a number one for Josh right now.
That is a very high skins pick so they need to add a littlie more to that deal.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Watkins because I really liked Hopkins and he's a similar style of WR, except better.

V3

Hall of Fame

I would think Bailey would be taking snaps from Pettis- not Givens. Givens is a different type of receiver than Bailey. Pettis is closer to Bailey in terms of how they play.

V3

Hall of Fame
How about when we get the number 1 pick from the Redskins we trade it away to the Browns for Josh Gordon and a 2nd? No just me?

Depends on where the pick is and who's there when we pick. Also, didn't Gordon have some disciplinary issue with the league?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mike Evans. We already have speed. We have run after catch ability. Evans adds something we don't have. That's a big WR with ridiculous strength at the catch point, the ability to win jump-ball battles and extremely strong hands.

But I'm not sold we should be looking at a WR in Round 1. We'll see how our guys end the year. I still think Stedman Bailey will breakout in Year 2 or 3. Quick still has breakout potential too.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brandon Coleman. As good, if not better then the the three you mentioned IMO. And could be had later as of right now, possibly even 3rd round. But i think he will move up the draft board as the combine and pro day go by.

As far as your lost of those 3, not really sure. At this point i'd take Watkins and Evans over Lee, though i still like Lee a lot. I guess if had to choose between them, I'd pick Watkins right now.

I gotta disagree. Brandon Coleman has looked extremely unimpressive to me when I watched him. Reminds me of Jonathan Baldwin and Dwight Jones, two WRs that I hated but were getting a lot of hype at this point in their final year in college. He has physical talent and size but he is aloof and lazy. Plays like he doesn't care and doesn't play "big". He's not like Mike Evans. He doesn't fight for the ball in traffic like he should.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Mike Evans. We already have speed. We have run after catch ability. Evans adds something we don't have. That's a big WR with ridiculous strength at the catch point, the ability to win jump-ball battles and extremely strong hands.

But I'm not sold we should be looking at a WR in Round 1. We'll see how our guys end the year. I still think Stedman Bailey will breakout in Year 2 or 3. Quick still has breakout potential too.

I'm not sold on taking a WR, either.

Despite my comment above, it's Evans that's the better fit.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Gordon is talented but I'm not trading a top 5/10 pick for him and a 2nd.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I would think Bailey would be taking snaps from Pettis- not Givens. Givens is a different type of receiver than Bailey. Pettis is closer to Bailey in terms of how they play.
My point is that I believe Givens hasn't shown to be a complete receiver to this point. He's been disappointing this year to me.

I think Bailey and Quick will start on the outside next year with Austin in the slot. I also think Givens will be used as a deep threat and not relied upon to do numerous things like he is now.

Might not work out that way...but Givens and Bailey having a different skill set doesn't really have anything to do with it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My point is that I believe Givens hasn't shown to be a complete receiver to this point. He's been disappointing this year to me.

I think Bailey and Quick will start on the outside next year with Austin in the slot. I also think Givens will be used as a deep threat and not relied upon to do numerous things like he is now.

Might not work out that way...but Givens and Bailey having a different skill set doesn't really have anything to do with it.

I agree. Givens has looked extremely one dimensional and limited to me this year.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I gotta disagree. Brandon Coleman has looked extremely unimpressive to me when I watched him. Reminds me of Jonathan Baldwin and Dwight Jones, two WRs that I hated but were getting a lot of hype at this point in their final year in college. He has physical talent and size but he is aloof and lazy. Plays like he doesn't care and doesn't play "big". He's not like Mike Evans. He doesn't fight for the ball in traffic like he should.

I have no problem with you evaluation. But Rutgers isn't much of a passing team and they ask Coleman to block more than receive.
I really don't want to draft any wide receiver in this draft, and if we did, not one early. The earliest one i would draft would be Coleman, but i hope we take a flyer on a later round prospect. I think we need to let ours grow a bit, and adding a high rounder into it doesnt help that much.