Michigan's Jim Harbaugh furious with officiating in loss to Ohio State

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Michigan coach Jim Harbaughdidn't want to talk about much more than the officiating Saturday following the Wolverines' loss to Ohio State here at Ohio Stadium.

"I thought there were some outrageous calls, including the one that would have ended the game,” the Wolverines head coach said. “I was bitterly disappointed with the officiating.”

The play he referred to — multiple times — was Ohio State’s attempt on fourth-and-1 in the second overtime. Quarterback J.T. Barrett kept the ball and tried to extend for the first down. Officials spotted the ball and ruled the play a first down, and upheld the call after a brief official review.

“There wasn’t a first down,” Harbaugh said.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...michigan-wolverines-double-overtime/94475754/
Harbaugh went on to criticize officials for one pass interference call in the fourth quarter — on third and seven from the Michigan 21-yard line, Delano Hill got whistled for pass interference on a ball that appeared uncatchable, a play that extended ultimately the game-tying drive.

"They got a gift interference call,” Harbaugh said. "The ball was uncatchable, past the receiver when our guy made contact."

Harbaugh went on to criticize officials for not calling pass interference on Ohio State when Michigan quarterback Wilton Speight threw to Grant Perry on third down in the second overtime.

FOR THE WIN

Controversial fourth down spot leads to Ohio State beating Michigan in wild double OT

“He was clearly being hooked before the ball got there,” Harbaugh said.

He pointed out that the Buckeyes were called for just two penalties all game — for 6 total yards — adding that he felt there were “multiple holding calls and multiple false starts” against Ohio State that went uncalled.

“The official on my side is supposed to be watching that, not whether our coaches are in the white or not in the white (on the sideline) not on the field,” Harbaugh said. “Their coaches were on the field, practically in the huddle at times.”

Harbaugh was called for a 15-yard unsportsmanlike penalty late in the third quarter following an offside penalty against Michigan. Ohio State scored a touchdown on the following play to pull within three points at the time.

"They could have been watching the game rather than being concerned about (me) throwing a hat, throwing a script toward your sideline," he said. "That's a penalty. He said, 'Well, it is in basketball.' Well, this isn't basketball. He said he also officiates basketball. I don't know the relevance. He said it would have been a technical in basketball. Yeah, I'm bitter."

With two losses, it seems unlikely Michigan will sneak into the four-team College Football Playoff. Harbaugh said he doesn’t know if that can happen, but that he knows his players did the best they could in what was an instant classic in an already storied rivalry.

He didn’t want to say much else.

“I’m bitterly disappointed in the officiating today,” Harbaugh said at least six times after the game. “I can’t make that any clearer."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ith-officiating-michigan-ohio-state/94480006/

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
759.gif

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol.

Den we're apart of that select group of people that have had the "pleasure" of Harbaugh coaching our least favorite college and pro teams.

There were some PI that should have been called on Ohio State, but Michigan didn't get called for holding much either. They were mostly letting the teams play. It's a bad look for him to be throwing a temper tantrum after his team clearly commits a foul.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Den we're apart of that select group of people that have had the "pleasure" of Harbaugh coaching our least favorite college and pro teams.
Count me in that group
I hate Michigan even more than the 49ers

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Come on now, it's scientifically impossible to hate any team more than the dirty Whiners...
I personally don't hate Michigan, only Harbarf.
I hate their basketball program, hockey program, baseball program......

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well Jimmy - you should stay in college then because the officiating in the NFL is at least as bad.

As to the unsportsman like call. Get the fuck out of the way of the official. He probably just got tired of your whining and you gave him a reason to flag you. Freaking pantload.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
As to the unsportsman like call. Get the freak out of the way of the official. He probably just got tired of your whining and you gave him a reason to flag you. Freaking pantload.

Yeah Harbaugh is like Belichick in that he thinks he is above being penalized. I am glad he got put in his place, although an Ohio State would have probably pushed OSU behind PSU in the rankings.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
although an Ohio State would have probably pushed OSU behind PSU in the rankings.

It would have, however, Michigan defeated Penn State so they would have still been ahead of the Nittany Lions, but one heck of a year for Franklin and the now go out there and kick hell out of the Trojans.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Funny thought I would be rooting for Michigan because I usually do in the bowl games for the Big Ten and I have no use for Florida State, however, as soon as the game started I was rooting hard for the Seminoles maybe I just enjoy seeing Harbaugh cry on the sidelines.

Great Game though and you have to love the officials not calling offside at the end to infuriate Harbaugh even more....BTW that Michigan QB really competes...Again great game!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It would have, however, Michigan defeated Penn State so they would have still been ahead of the Nittany Lions, but one heck of a year for Franklin and the now go out there and kick hell out of the Trojans.

In the end Michigan finishes behind PSU. It shows that improving or regressing does matter but win and loss totals take precedence if you are in a good conference.