Michael Bennett, Seacocks DE: "We are the best defense ever,"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

i
We are the best defense ever. We could have played anybody today and have done the same thing.

” --
said Bennett, following the Seahawks' 43-8 win over the Denver Broncos. "We are the best defense ever," "We could have played anybody today and have done the same thing."

Seattle's defense, ranked No. 1 in the regular season, certainly was dominant Sunday. Denver quarterback Peyton Manning set NFL records for passing yards (5,477) and touchdown passes (55) in the regular season, but the Broncos were held to just eight points by the Seahawks.

"We were mad at the eight points we gave up," Bennett said. "But that's what makes us so great."

On the offensive side of the ball, Seattle wideout Doug Baldwin clearly took issue with ESPN analyst and Hall of Fame receiver Cris Carter's characterization of the Seahawks' receivers -- though he declined to name Carter.

[+] Enlarge
Mark J. Rebilas/USA TODAY SportsSeahawks receiver Doug Baldwin made noise on the field, scoring a touchdown in Super Bowl XLVIII, but also had something to say after the game.
"For all of y'all that called us, the receiving corps, average, pedestrian, appetizers -- I'm not going to say any names, but he knows who he is -- I respect what you did on the field, but stick to football and stick to playing football because your analytical skills ain't up to par yet," Baldwin said. "You need to slow down and you need to go back and not do it half-ass and put some effort into it because you're saying some stuff that didn't really make sense."

Baldwin had a team-high five receptions for 66 yards against the Broncos, including a touchdown catch.

Sherman backed up his buddy Baldwin. "Our receivers were called pedestrian, and also called appetizers," Sherman said. "I think if anybody took a bite out of them, they'd be pretty full."

But Sherman did not go nearly as far as Bennett when asked about the Seattle defense's place in history, compared to other legendary units like the Pittsburgh Steelers' Steel Curtain and the 1985 Chicago Bears.

"Our defense wanted to etch ourselves in history, and I think we did that today," Sherman said. "We're in there somewhere. As long as we're in that mix, we're all right. It doesn't matter what order you put us in, just put us in the conversation."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/201...eahawks-michael-bennett-doug-baldwin-talk-win

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Well off the top of my head I can think of some better ones: 2000 Raven, 1985 Bears, heck maybe even the 76 Steelers

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well off the top of my head I can think of some better ones: 2000 Raven, 1985 Bears, heck maybe even the 76 Steelers

The Steeler defense of the 70's was mind blowing my friend.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
They are good, but the Broncos choked so it's hard to tell which team was better yesterday, let them talk and talk it will only make next year when we sweep them sweeter.

moklerman

Warner-phile
As with any quote like this, had he said it BEFORE the game I'd give him all the props in the world. As it stands? Pussy.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I thought it would be interesting to look at some defensive numbers of some notable defensive teams that have won a SB.
I included Seattle just to put it in perspective.

* Offense points per game scored. Interesting to see how these dominant defensive teams' offenses ranked.

Regular season stats(NFL rank)

2013 Seahawks D
total points allowed 231(1st)
ypg 273.6(1st)
ppg 14.4(1st)
yards/play 4.4
sacks 44(tied 8th)
INT's 28(1st)
*offensive ppg 26.1(tied 8th)

2002 Tampa D
total points allowed 196(1st)
ypg 252.8(1st)
ppg 12.2(1st)
yards/play 4.2(1st)
sacks 43(tied 6th)
INT's 31(1st)
*offensive ppg 21.6(18th)

2000 Ravens D
total points allowed 165(1st)
ypg 247.9(2nd)...behind Fishers Titans
ppg 10.3(1st) ... Rams D was dead last
yards/play 4.3
sacks 35(22nd)
INT's 23(5th)
*offense ppg 20.8(14th)

1999 Rams D
ypg 293.6(6th)
ppg 15.1(4th)
yards/play 4.7
sacks 57(tied 1st) Tennessee
INT's 29(2nd)
*offense ppg 32.9(1st)

1990 Giants D
total points allowed 211(1st)
ypg 262.9(2nd)
ppg 13.2(1st)
yards/play 4.6
sacks 30(24th)
INT's 23(4th)
*offense ppg 20.9(15th)

1985 Bears D
total points allowed 198(1st)
ypg 258.4(1st)
ppg 12.4(1st)
yards/play 4.4
sacks 64(3rd)
INT's 34(1st)
*offense ppg 28.5(2nd)
http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads...ble-defensive-teams-that-have-won-a-sb.22959/

V3

Hall of Fame
I literally LMAO at this!
Have doctors developed the technology to transplant asses yet? I'd hate for you to go without one for the rest of your days. :p:ROFLMAO:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It's easy to pop off at the mouth after the game. To many of their guys have big mouths and it makes the team unlikeable. Couple that with the PED use and I have to say if I was a fan I'd be a bit embarrassed about all this.

V3

Hall of Fame
It's easy to pop off at the mouth after the game. To many of their guys have big mouths and it makes the team unlikeable. Couple that with the PED use and I have to say if I was a fan I'd be a bit embarrassed about all this.

Don't forget that Carrol has a history of shady practices. That's the reason he left USC. The PED issue came as no surprise to me.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Don't forget that Carrol has a history of shady practices. That's the reason he left USC. The PED issue came as no surprise to me.

Yes he's a shiester for sure. It's too bad that guys at that level never really get punished for anything because it really just reinforces the fact that if you are rich and/or famous you don't have to play by the rules.

I'm still waiting for an athlete to have charges pressed for the felony they commit by using illegal and controlled substances. The guys who supply them get in trouble, but never the athletes. It's like arresting the hooker but not the guy paying her!