Memphis Ram's Last 2014 Rams Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
If I'm not mistaken, I haven't made a Rams mock draft since late January, so I figured I'd just do one more.

1-1) Texans - JaDeveon Clowney DE South Carolina*

TRADE: St. Louis Rams trade the #2 overall selection to the Jacksonville Jaguars for the #3 and #105 (4th Round) selections in the 2014 NFL draft.

1-2) Jaguars - Khalil Mack, LB, Buffalo (from Rams)

1-3) Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M (from Jaguars)
jake-matthews.jpg

TRADE: St. Louis Rams trade the #13 & #75 overall selections in the 2014 draft to the Buffalo Bills for the #9 selection.

1-9) Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh (from Bills)
131016141731-aaron-donald-single-image-cut.jpg

1-13) TRADED to Buffalo

2-44) Deone Bucannon, S, Washington State
JYAZKOZTRUAVXAH.20131016013352.jpg

3-75) TRADED to Buffalo

4-105) Trai Turner, OG, LSU
jpeg.jpg

4-110) E.J. Gaines, CB, Missouri
091512_EJGaines_JHW_1923_t_w600_h3000.jpg

5-153) Garrett Gilbert, QB, SMU
Garrett+Gilbert+TCU+v+SMU+nQhoQChPv6Zl.jpg

6-188) Jemea Thomas, CB, Georgia Tech
media_1482840932684f89b31e62f275f81195_t607.jpg

6-214) Rajion Neal, RB, Tennessee
Rajion+Neal+North+Carolina+State+v+Tennessee+J7u0kl2toNzl.jpg

7-226) Brock Coyle, LB, Montana
Brock-Coyle.jpg

7-241) Matt Hazel, WR, Coastal Carolina (from Indy)
52aa2d0d9f96d.image_.jpg

7-249) Trey Millard, FB/RB, Oklahoma (compensatory selection)
Trey_Millard.jpg

7-250) Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama (compensatory selection)
a_vinnie_sunseri_576.jpg

radjohns

UDFA
I would be quite pleased with that draft. A starter in Matthews and immediate contributors in Donald and Bucannon. Robinson is more exciting to me as an OT prospect, but Matthews ain't chopped liver himself. I hope that you have your usual rounds 1 and 2 accuracy with this mock Memphis.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'd be just fine with that draft. I feel like the drop from 2-3 ought to get at least as good of a return as the drop from 9-13, but I guess it depends on the situation. Getting anything at all from Jax requires them thinking that they might lose their guy - either to you or another trade in. When this situation played out with the Browns and Vikings, the Vikings got a few day 3 picks as I recall. Not that I'd be griping about value in any trade down where the Rams get their target plus something else.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well...you have Matthews and Donald. That's a win in my book. ;)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Both Gentlemen that I respect highly Memphis & jrry love Aaron Donald I will be shocked if he ends up in Horns, but would be nice if he does. This was a great mock and covered every area of need including QB with Garrett Gilbert from SMU who the Rams had in for a private visit.

As usual Memphis a job well done!

Trade up for a DT? I'd hate it.

Interesting that if we were to draft Gilbert we'd have losers of back to back national championship games as our starting and back up QBs.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Matthews, Donald, Bucannon, and Gaines? I'd be happy with that draft.

FRO

Legend
I thought you were a Robinson guy Memphis?

The Rams are looking at a lot of DTs. Donald is one of the best players in the draft and my second favorite defensive players behind Clowney. If you want Geno Adtkins 2.0, he is your guy. Go watch some Pittsburgh games. Guy is unstoppable.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I like it. Another gem is Millard, who could become an interesting piece in and out of the backfield. Would easily be a 4th round pick w/o the injury. But as most have said...all the bases covered.

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I thought you were a Robinson guy Memphis?

The Rams are looking at a lot of DTs. Donald is one of the best players in the draft and my second favorite defensive players behind Clowney. If you want Geno Adtkins 2.0, he is your guy. Go watch some Pittsburgh games. Guy is unstoppable.

Like 'em both. But, I think the Fisher would have the Rams take Matthews over Robinson.

Last edited:

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I agree that we'll probably have to trade up to select Donald. Nice picks overall. I liked Jerry's DB's better as I don't know if Bucannon is the answer. And in your draft he'd have to be.

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gee. I started to put Robinson in there, but went to the Matthews because Fisher coached his dad. Doh.