Memento's Valentine's Day No Trades Mock.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
With our coaching staff secured, we move on to the rest of the offseason:

Cut:

Rodger Saffold
Lance Kendricks
Tim Barnes
Tre Mason
Eugene Sims
William Hayes

(All fairly obvious. Since I'm not trading Hayes, I figure cutting him is the only option.)

Release:

Trumaine Johnson
Kenny Britt
Brian Quick
Ethan Westbrooks
Matt Longacre
T.J. McDonald
Case Keenum
Chase Reynolds
Cam Thomas

(Tru goes to the highest bidder. Westbrooks and Longacre don't have a fit in our system. McDonald is replaced by Mo. Britt and Quick are let go to put in some new young blood in the wide receiver position. Keenum is replaced by Mannion. Chase Reynolds is pure special teams and easily replaceable, and Thomas is JAG.)

Re-sign:

Benny Cunningham (3 years, 3 million per year)
Greg Zuerlein (4 years, 3 million per year)
Dominique Easley (RFA)
Louis Trinca-Pasat (ERFA)

(Zuerlein has improved a ton and is worth a long-term deal. Cunningham is also a must-re-sign. Easley is on the opposite side of Donald, and LTP competes at nose tackle.)

Convert:

Cody Wichmann: G - C

(Wichmann switches to a new position where he can function with limited strength.)

Free Agency:

Alshon Jeffery - 5 years, 12 million per year.

Markus Wheaton - 2 years, 4 million per year.

Demarcus Ware - 1 year, 4 million.

Larry Warford - 4 years, 10 million per year.

Dwight Freeney - 1 year, 2 million.

Brandon Carr - 3 years, 6 million per year.

Stefan Wisniewski - 2 years, 2.5 million per year.

Draft:

2 - Haason Reddick, ILB, Temple.

3 - Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado.

4 - Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova.

4 (Comp) - Jon Toth, C, Kentucky.

5 - Ejuan Price, OLB, Pittsburgh

6 - Javancy Jones, OLB/ILB, Jackson State.

6 (Comp) - Javarius Leamon, OT, South Carolina State.

7 - Ezra Robinson, CB, Tennessee State.

(Reddick is a beast and should be drafted high. I like Awuzie a bit more than Witherspoon, so he goes here. Kpassagnon is the guy I want the Rams to get the most; he has sky-high potential. Toth is from @jrry32 's mock, so credit goes to him for that. Price falls because of his lack of height, Jones falls because of his small school. Price reminds me of Dumervil, and Jones is an athletic freak. Leamon rounds out the group as a potential left tackle of the future. Ezra Robinson is a tall cornerback who's picked off a ton of passes.)

Thoughts, comments, critiques are all welcome.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's a lot to like. Glad you didn't do trades in this one. Makes it more clear where your priorities lie. I do have a few criticisms. I think getting Tanoh in the 4th round is probably a pipe dream at this point. Who will be our starting CBs? We let Tru go, grabbed no FA CBs, and only drafted Awuzie. That leaves us with very little at the top of the depth chart and very little depth.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have to agree with Jrry, our CB position is a major concern after this draft. LB is deep and talented almost unrealistically deep.

Memento

Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@jrry32 @OldSchool Both of your statements are true when it comes to cornerback. I've edited it to include re-signing Tru and drafting Robinson in the seventh round instead of Wooching.

As for Kpassagnon in the fourth round, I'm going off of CBS rankings, and that's where he's at.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@jrry32 @OldSchool Both of your statements are true when it comes to cornerback. I've edited it to include re-signing Tru and drafting Robinson in the seventh round instead of Wooching.

As for Kpassagnon in the fourth round, I'm going off of CBS rankings, and that's where he's at.

If we re-sign Tru, we can't afford all of the FA signings. That's the struggle.

Memento

Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If we re-sign Tru, we can't afford all of the FA signings. That's the struggle.

Also true. How about Brandon Carr instead of Tru?

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Carr said to be considering retiring fyi

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Nice mock.
I like it a lot.
Except....lol
Alson Jeffery for $60 million? Oh, hell naw!
FA offensive linemen have killed us....
Brandon Carr....I think this was the best year he's ever had...after a huge contract. You sure we want him?
I'm wondering how would Quinn play with Ware???
Looks like Mark Barron's days are numbered as a LB with these additions.
Both of those Colorado corners are nice