Memento's True Final Draft. NO TRADES THANK GOD.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Admit it, guys: you're just saying that because I trade too much, and you're glad that I've stopped.

:p ;)
Not at all. Fixing the OL is priority 1,2,3 and this looks a very prudent scenario given staying put. Adding a nasty LB, wr/cb makes sense too. The only note of need missed is QBOTF. Maybe you dont see one.

Who do you have at center week 1?

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not at all. Fixing the OL is priority 1,2,3 and this looks a very prudent scenario given staying put. Adding a nasty LB, wr/cb makes sense too. The only note of need missed is QBOTF. Maybe you dont see one.

Who do you have at center week 1?

Demetrius Rhaney, and I have him at center for the remainder of the season. I'm probably crazy, but the coaches were absolutely raving about this kid before he went down, he's still only twenty-two, and it's telling that they kept him on IR and didn't go for an injury settlement. They didn't flat out release him like Van Dyk or Gilbert. Cann can definitely compete for center if Douglas is ready to step in right away (which I doubt due to his technique issues). So, the offensive line looks like this:

Robinson - Cann - Rhaney - Saffold - Peat.

As for the quarterback, I don't see one. I like Mariota, I like Grayson, and I like Heinicke...but ultimately, I want to restock the roster with players who can make an immediate impact for the team.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Coacho seems to be in your court on Rhaney. Fingers and horns crossed you guys are right.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not crazy about Peat but the rest of the draft is extremely good. I could get behind that draft. Big props for taking Dawson in the third round... I do think if he's on the board in round 3 the Rams would have a hard time passing on him unless they mess around and don't get OL addressed early on. His film is just downright ridiculous, it's crazy how good that kid is.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Not crazy about Peat, he is a plug and play but to me has no upside. Just not sure he fits the Rams scheme. I'm ok with it but there is better talent at 10 then Peat.

Love the Cann pick but will be surprised if he is available. Would Tomlinson be your back up plan? Either way nice pick

Really like Dawson at this slot, first round talent that feels like is slipping. Great pick.

Douglas in the 4th is also a nice pick, prefer Shaq Mason but not complaining here.

Like this draft. Not crazy about a slide and seal blocker at 10 but if your not bringing Barksdale back then you might have no choice.

jjab360

Legend
I'd be okay with that draft, but I do prefer Tomlinson to Cann in the second.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I know you didn't do trades, but I would hope they consider a trade. Mine would be a trade back into the second. I won't pretend to affix compensation other than to acknowledge thst the 3rd would go. I won't go past that round anyway because it's late and I'm tired, but I didn't want to forget the idea...

With that, I would go
1) Peat
2a) Ali Marpet
2b) Byron Jones

I realize this is a big SPARQ draft, but I really like the upside on Marpet and Jones. Marpet really acquitted himself well at the Senior Bowl and Jones has good film and dazzling measureables. If we had more picks, I'd want Marcus Peters, also, but I'm content with the upside of Jones.

Oh, and lastly, I just have a feeling that the LB in the 3rd isn't gonna happen. He'll drop to the late 2nd due to his combine, maybe, but the best, most instinctive LB on film won't fall to the 3rd because he didn't perform in underwear. Teams don't want another Vontaze Burfict passing them by round after round only to be an All-Pro in his second season after being undrafted due to a miserable combine. It'll only take one team to learn the lesson and that LB will be gone.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
@Memento love ya my Ram Brother, but not QB? IMO, not going to happen, but the offensive line would be addressed and I would thank God for that!

Memento

Name
Jemma
I know you didn't do trades, but I would hope they consider a trade. Mine would be a trade back into the second. I won't pretend to affix compensation other than to acknowledge thst the 3rd would go. I won't go past that round anyway because it's late and I'm tired, but I didn't want to forget the idea...

With that, I would go
1) Peat
2a) Ali Marpet
2b) Byron Jones

I realize this is a big SPARQ draft, but I really like the upside on Marpet and Jones. Marpet really acquitted himself well at the Senior Bowl and Jones has good film and dazzling measureables. If we had more picks, I'd want Marcus Peters, also, but I'm content with the upside of Jones.

Oh, and lastly, I just have a feeling that the LB in the 3rd isn't gonna happen. He'll drop to the late 2nd due to his combine, maybe, but the best, most instinctive LB on film won't fall to the 3rd because he didn't perform in underwear. Teams don't want another Vontaze Burfict passing them by round after round only to be an All-Pro in his second season after being undrafted due to a miserable combine. It'll only take one team to learn the lesson and that LB will be gone.

Don't like Byron Jones. He's a major athletic freak for sure, but that's it. Rollins may be raw, but Jones is like sushi mixed with uncooked cow guts. That kind of raw.

Dawson is definitely going to be there when we pick in the third. If it was only the Combine that teams were worried about, then I agree with you. But his film room habits are poor at best, he's loathed universally by TCU teammates and coaches, he's short for a linebacker, and he's had multiple character issues as well. He's high risk and high-maintenence like Burfict was, but if you stuck him close to Laurinaitis and the coaches and made him work his way up, you'll have yourself potentially a top-five weakside 4-3 linebacker or maybe even a top-ten middle linebacker.

I'd be okay with that draft, but I do prefer Tomlinson to Cann in the second.

I like Tomlinson as well, but Cann is far more versatile. I especially love the fact that he can play center and both guard positions. I don't trust Jones or Barnes. I'm looking at Rhaney to deliver, but if he doesn't, then you have a guy who could slide over.

@Memento love ya my Ram Brother, but not QB? IMO, not going to happen, but the offensive line would be addressed and I would thank God for that!

I'm actually kind of hoping that it doesn't happen. It would involve a trade up for certain, and there's a lot of teams bidding for the top two quarterbacks. Besides, there's always Cardale Jones in 2016. ;)

Not crazy about Peat but the rest of the draft is extremely good. I could get behind that draft. Big props for taking Dawson in the third round... I do think if he's on the board in round 3 the Rams would have a hard time passing on him unless they mess around and don't get OL addressed early on. His film is just downright ridiculous, it's crazy how good that kid is.

Not crazy about Peat, he is a plug and play but to me has no upside. Just not sure he fits the Rams scheme. I'm ok with it but there is better talent at 10 then Peat.

Love the Cann pick but will be surprised if he is available. Would Tomlinson be your back up plan? Either way nice pick

Really like Dawson at this slot, first round talent that feels like is slipping. Great pick.

Douglas in the 4th is also a nice pick, prefer Shaq Mason but not complaining here.

Like this draft. Not crazy about a slide and seal blocker at 10 but if your not bringing Barksdale back then you might have no choice.

Hmm...I think that Tomlinson has a chance to slip because he's a right guard only. He'd be my pick if he was there and Cann wasn't. If they were both gone, I'd probably go get Shaq Thompson (who is actually slipping because he wants to stick at linebacker and has a bigger floor than Dawson might) and then select Ty Sambrailo in the third.

If Peat was gone, my choices in the first would be Collins and Clemmings (late trade up for the latter, of course). Firmly solidify that offensive line.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I like it. No reaches and seems like BPA approach while plugging holes. (y) Would have no quarrel if this is how it turned out.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I would be so happy if the draft turned out like this.

Nice draft, good job.

I'd be good with it.

I like it. No reaches and seems like BPA approach while plugging holes. (y) Would have no quarrel if this is how it turned out.

Thank you. To hear this from all of you...I'm just glad that I finally made a good draft. Here's to hoping that the Rams have yet another great one in this regime.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Don't like Byron Jones. He's a major athletic freak for sure, but that's it. Rollins may be raw, but Jones is like sushi mixed with uncooked cow guts. That kind of raw.

Dawson is definitely going to be there when we pick in the third. If it was only the Combine that teams were worried about, then I agree with you. But his film room habits are poor at best, he's loathed universally by TCU teammates and coaches, he's short for a linebacker, and he's had multiple character issues as well. He's high risk and high-maintenence like Burfict was, but if you stuck him close to Laurinaitis and the coaches and made him work his way up, you'll have yourself potentially a top-five weakside 4-3 linebacker or maybe even a top-ten middle linebacker.

I like Tomlinson as well, but Cann is far more versatile. I especially love the fact that he can play center and both guard positions. I don't trust Jones or Barnes. I'm looking at Rhaney to deliver, but if he doesn't, then you have a guy who could slide over.

I'm actually kind of hoping that it doesn't happen. It would involve a trade up for certain, and there's a lot of teams bidding for the top two quarterbacks. Besides, there's always Cardale Jones in 2016. ;)

Hmm...I think that Tomlinson has a chance to slip because he's a right guard only. He'd be my pick if he was there and Cann wasn't. If they were both gone, I'd probably go get Shaq Thompson (who is actually slipping because he wants to stick at linebacker and has a bigger floor than Dawson might) and then select Ty Sambrailo in the third.

If Peat was gone, my choices in the first would be Collins and Clemmings (late trade up for the latter, of course). Firmly solidify that offensive line.

I don't disagree with anything you just mentioned. Shaq Thompson would be a wet dream for Williams IMO.

HinkoDMayo

UDFA
Name
Hinks
Yep. No ridiculous trades that may or may not happen. I'm just taking players. Not even UDFAs because you can't predict that. Here's the draft:

-

#10 - Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford. 6'7", 313 lbs.

You all know my thoughts on Peat. Plug-and-play offensive tackle with significant upside. A dancing bear who gets far more flak than he deserves. Is he the best run-blocker? No. But I love him in pass-protection, and isn't that what we've been banging the table for? Someone who can actually block the numerous pass-rushers lining up against the right tackle? How long has it been since we've had a right tackle with that kind of talent? Jackie Slater? I'm not at all saying that Peat is going to be Slater, but if he wouldn't be the most talented right tackle we've had since the twenty-year Hall of Famer, then I want to see who is.

#41 - A.J. Cann, OG/C, South Carolina. 6'3", 313 lbs.

Cann is my second favorite offensive line prospect in this class. Not spectacular film, not great measurables, but this guy shows up to work and brings it on every play. He's actually a better run-blocker than Scherff or Flowers, and unlike them, you don't have to draft him high. Second round is a good fit for him. Another plug-and-play offensive lineman for our squad.

#72 - Paul Dawson, OLB/MLB, TCU. 6'1", 235 lbs.

Combine freak? Nope. Character issues? Yep. Hated by TCU teammates and coaches alike? Yep. Is Dawson the most talented and instinctive 4-3 linebacker in this class? You bet your ass he is. Just watch him play, and you'll see why scouts drool over his potential. If I'm Fisher, I draft this kid, stick him in Laurinaitis' hip pocket, let him learn from the most cerebral linebacker in the game right now, put him on special teams to cut his teeth at first, and then let him kick ass next year.

#119 - Jamil Douglas, OG, Arizona State. 6'4", 304.

Douglas may seem too light to be in a PBS. Don't let that fool you. This kid is strong as an ox, tough as nails, and a fantastic athlete at tackle who moves to guard because of height and arm length. Just check out this link. He needs work with technique, but I feel that you could get a potential starter here when Saffold is cut and Cann kicks to right guard. With Boudreau working on him, the tools and the toolbox are there. Douglas just has to unlock it.

#215 - Gavin Lutman, WR, Pittsburgh State (KS). 6'3", 214 lbs.

Hailing from the exact same college that John Brown (Cardinals) came from, Lutman was actually the better receiver in terms of physical tools. Yes, Brown was faster, but a 4.46 from Lutman isn't shabby. He's actually getting Jeff Janis comparisons, as he flat out dominated the Kansas Pro Day by posting what would have been the Combine's third best three cone time, the sixth best shuttle and broad jump, and the 2oth best vertical (36 inches). Scouts were actually quite furious at not even ranking this kid in their notes. He's not just a workout warrior, as he almost the exact same amount of production as Brown. A sexy pick? Nope. But he provides major insurance for Brian Quick at about a fraction of the cost.

#227 - Al-Hajj Shabazz, CB, West Chester. 6'1" 200 lbs.

Shabazz was one of the most impressive players in college football, getting Darrelle Revis-esque production with a Darrelle Revis-esque reputation (i.e., don't ever throw to this guy's side). He was excellent at the NFLPA Bowl in Los Angeles, was coached by Mike Martz, and was tutored by Andre Reed, Darrell Green, and Az-Zahir Hakim. He's tall, lengthy, and can play cornerback or free safety. He doesn't have the best measurables in terms of pure speed, but neither did E.J. Gaines, and both of them were practically shutdown corners in college.

What is your thoughts on the QB class after Mariotta and Winston?