Memento's Own Mockstravaganza

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Hello. Welcome one, welcome all. Ready for the insanity? Here goes nothing:

Cut:

Rodger Saffold
Lance Kendricks
Tim Barnes
Tre Mason
Eugene Sims

(All pretty much obvious.)

Re-sign:

Benny Cunningham
Greg Zuerlein
Dominique Easley
Louis Trinca-Pasat

(Cunningham and Zuerlein are must re-signs. Easley is on a cheap contract, and LTP can compete at backup nose tackle.)

Release:

Trumaine Johnson
Ethan Westbrooks
Matt Longacre
Kenny Britt
Brian Quick
T.J. McDonald
Case Keenum
Cam Thomas
Chase Reynolds

(Tru costs too much money to re-sign. Westbrooks and Longacre don't have a fit in our system. McDonald is replaced by Mo. Britt and Quick are let go to put in some new young blood in the wide receiver position. Keenum is replaced by Mannion. Chase Reynolds is pure special teams and easily replaceable, and Thomas is JAG.)

Convert:

Lamarcus Joyner: CB - FS

Cody Wichmann: G - C.

(I'm stealing the idea about Wichmann from @jrry32 's mock because it makes a lot of sense. Joyner is a guy I've wanted to move to FS for the longest time. Maybe my wish comes true this year.)

Free Agents:

Larry Warford - RG

Andrew Whitworth - LT

Pierre Garcon - WR

Kenny Stills - WR

Brandon Carr - CB

Captain Munnerlyn CB

Demarcus Ware - OLB

Dwight Freeney - OLB

(Warford and Whitworth help a porous offensive line, Garcon and Stills provide us reliable wide receivers, Carr and Munnerlyn help us with the secondary, and Ware and Freeney provide veteran leadership to stabilize a young defense.)

Trades:

William Hayes to the New York Giants for 2017 sixth round pick.

(Hayes goes to the Giants, who will need help after JPP leaves. In return, we get a sixth round pick.)

Robert Quinn to the Detroit Lions for their 2017 first round pick.

(Quinn, when healthy, is a beast. Put him at left end aside from Ansah, and the Lions defense, which will likely lose Devin Taylor, suddenly has a lot of bite in it. In return, we get their first round pick, which leads me to my next trade...)

Mark Barron and 2017 first (Lions) to the Cleveland Browns for their 2017 second, 2017 second (Vikings), and 2017 fourth.

(Barron, as much as I like him, no longer has a fit in our system, but the Browns have a fit along with a lot of picks. I'm not a fan of Kirksey, which is why I'm not asking for him.)

Draft:

2nd (Browns) - Raekwon McMillan, ILB, Ohio State.

(McMillan is a great get in the second round for this reason: he fits what we're trying to do perfectly. He's able to stack and shed blocks, and he's pretty athletic for a guy his size (6'4", 245 lbs.) Some scouts have concerns that he won't be a three down linebacker. I disagree.)

2nd - T.J. Watt, OLB, Wisconsin.

(J.J. Watt's little brother is a hell of a prospect in his own right. He can rotate with Ware or Freeney, depending on which side needs his help more.)

2nd (Browns via Vikings) - Forrest Lamp, C, Western Kentucky.

(Lamp is one of my favorite offensive linemen, and could easily fill in at center, helping to solidify the line.)

3rd - Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova.

(For those who say that a project defensive end shouldn't be taken this high, I say this to you: poor man's Julius Peppers. Kpassagnon hasn't even scratched the surface of his outer space-high potential, which is scary because he's dominated all competition.)

4th (Browns) - Akhello WItherspoon, CB, Colorado.

(Witherspoon is one of my favorite corners in this year's class. Nothing more needs to be said.)

4th - Jeremy Sprinkle, TE, Arkansas.

(Another one of jrry's picks. A shoplifting charge drops Sprinkle - by the way, whose name is arguably my favorite in this class - down to the fourth round. He's a talented blocker, and he isn't a bad receiver either.)

4th (Comp) - Davon Godchaux, DE, LSU.

(All the physical tools, but really needs to learn technique. Godchaux could be the backup to Aaron Donald, and learn from the best.)

5th - Ejuan Price, OLB, Pittsburgh.

(Undersized? Yeah. Productive as hell? Also yeah. Price reminds me of Dumervil., and he can rotate with Ware or Freeney.)

6th - Ezra Robinson, CB, Tennessee State.

(Robinson is tall, tackles well, and has picked off a ton of passes. Only reason he slides here is because it's one of the deepest cornerback classes in recent memory, and a small school guy like Robinson could get ignored.)

6th (Giants) - Obi Melifonwu, SS, Connecticut.

(Again, stolen from jrry, but we do need a backup strong safety.)

6th (Comp) - Javarius Leamon, OT, South Carolina State.

(Stolen from jrry, but I like this guy's potential as a left tackle. If we get a coach like Kromer or Munchak to build him up, he could be scary good.)

7th - Psalm Wooching, OLB, Washington.

(Wooching is my favorite late round prospect because he plays the game the way it was meant to be played. He plays with a mean streak, and he's got a whole set of pass-rushing moves. He isn't a very athletic guy, but his instincts are off the charts, and he can definitely play special teams for us before competing for a spot.)

Team:

QB - Jared Goff
RB - Todd Gurley
FB - Cory Harkey
WR - Pierre Garcon
WR - Kenny Stills
WR - Tavon Austin
TE - Tyler Higbee
LT - Andrew Whitworth
LG - Jamon Brown
C - Forrest Lamp
RG - Larry Warford
RT - Rob Havenstein

LE - Dominique Easley
NT - Michael Brockers
RE - Aaron Donald
LOLB - Demarcus Ware
LILB - Raekwon McMillan
RILB - Alec Ogletree
ROLB - T.J. Watt
CB - Brandon Carr
CB - E.J. Gaines
SCB - Captain Munnerlyn
FS - Lamarcus Joyner
SS - Maurice Alexander

K - Greg Zuerlein
P - Johnny Hekker
LS - Jake McQuaide

Let me know what you all think!

Last edited:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I like it a lot. I don't know if we'd actually be able to pull off those trades, but I like it. Gave me a couple new guys to look at in the draft as well.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Nice work as usual. I've been waiting for someone to show LTP some love in a mock! Even if he's probably a bad fit at NT and odds are against an injured, undrafted, undersized guy ever playing in the NFL, he still looks like Bluto, so there.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love it. McMillan is the guy I'll be beating my drum for this year I think.

…..

Legend
Like the emphasis on LB, in both FA and draft, which was needed well before Wade.

Not peronally a fan of 37 year old defensive ends, even though Freeny appears to be a good locker room guy. I thought 5 years ago he lost his burst, so i'm thinking I'd pass.

I would not go into the season with JB as our LG option and would rather keep Saffold for that spot. Otherwise, i think this mock stands up nicely.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love the draft and FA. Great mock!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Probably because he "borrowed the ideas" from you. :hiding:

Firstly, I'm a "she." Secondly, while a lot of the ideas are from jrry, I at least post that they are, in fact, his ideas and that I'm borrowing them.

Sorry if I seem sharp. I take plagiarism really seriously, being an authoress. The last thing I want to do is copy someone's hard work without quoting that it's theirs.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I'd rather see Quinn play OLB than trade him, especially since I don't think he'd fetch a 1st or a 2nd.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Interesting moves and matches...Appreciate the work....Bunch of defense in here, but not a lot of corner change? Not sure about that O-Line...Lamp to center? Keeping Havenstein and Brown? Hmmmmm....
I still think wr's are a dime a dozen.