Memento's New Draft Mock (Not Safe for Humans).

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm thinking that we finish 4-12, just below the Niners at 5-11 (yep, I'm crazy). Finish with a top four pick.

Fire:

Jeff Fisher
Frank Cignetti
Gregg Williams
Everyone except for the defensive coordinators (Dennard Wilson for DBs, Clyde Simmons for DL, Joe Bowden for LBs), Waufle, and Fassel.

(Done with Fisher; I'm tired of no winning seasons. Done with the refs looking to penalize us; we do that enough to ourselves without the refs looking for excuses. Done with the uncreative offensive schemes; this is a long way from the GSoT. Done with the 80s style of football; we're in 2015.) I look to keep the defensive coordinators, but I expect most of them to leave with Fisher, wherever he goes.

Hire:

Ben McAdoo (New York Giants OC, HC)
Ken Dorsey (Carolina Panthers QBs coach, OC)
Jim Schwartz (DC)

(McAdoo is one of the most promising young minds in the game. I love how Newton has progressed under Dorsey's tutelage (which is why I'm hoping for the same with our quarterback of the future), and Schwartz would be a coup.)

-

Cut:

Nick Foles, Trey Watts, Kenny Britt, Jared Cook, Rodger Saffold, Akeem Ayers, Chris Long, James Laurinaitis.)

(Only change here is Nick Foles. I don't care what you have to do to get rid of him...just do it. At least the contract isn't an albatross like Bradford's. Long and Laurinaits are unfortunate, but necessary at this point, due to money and performance. Watts is obvious; too many mistakes off the field, and they get replaced.)

-

Franchise:

Janoris Jenkins.

(Obvious. I don't think he takes money to re-sign here, as I feel he wants to test free agency. So we keep him for one more year.)

-

Re-sign:

Trumaine Johnson - four years, 6.5 million per year.
Mark Barron - four years, 5.5 million per year
Cory Harkey - three years, 2 million per year
William Hayes - one year, 3 million.
Eugene Sims - one year, 2 million.
Benny Cunningham - RFA
Cody Davis - RFA
Daren Bates - RFA

(Believe that Wes Welker retires after this year. Think that Isiah Ferguson still has at least special teams potential. Trumaine Johnson is the biggest corner we have, and we can't replace his skillset. I think Mark Barron should be the other starting linebacker aside from Laurinaitis and Ogletree. Harkey's skillset isn't replicated on our team. Hayes and Sims get one year contracts to stay on as veteran leadership and depth for the defensive line.

-

Extend:

Michael Brockers - four years, 5.5 million per year.
T.J. McDonald - four years, 6.5 million per year.

(They're both core members of our D. Brockers helps with the running game, and McDonald is probably the best safety we've had in a long while. Let's keep them.)

-

Free Agency:

Rodney McLeod
Chase Reynolds
Brian Quick
Nick Fairley
Brian Folkerts
Eric Kush
Tim Barnes
Case Keenum
Greg Zuerlein.

(Don't think Barnes is going to take a hometown discount this time, and I think that Rhaney is better anyway. McLeod goes elsewhere, Quick is damaged goods, Reynolds is pure special teams, Folkerts and Kush are depth, Zuerlein has struggled, Keenum isn't backup material, and I don't give a damn about where Nick Fairley goes so long as it's anywhere but here.)

-

Free Agent Signing:

Coby Fleener - 5 years, 7 million-per-year.

(Yes, I do want Fleener. Fits the system really well, good blocker, great receiver. A lot like Olsen.)

Cordy Glenn - 6 years, 11 million-per-year.

Glenn moves Robinson over to left guard in this scenario. Imagine a solid veteran protecting the blind-side of our quarterback of the future. That's what Glenn will bring, and Robinson will be an upgrade over at guard, especially with a vet like Glenn to protect him. And Buffalo will not use the franchise tag on him because they're way up against the cap.

Tony Bergstrom - 2 years, 1.5 million-per-year.

Depth signing for center. Better than Barnes, but not good enough to earn a huge contract. Bergstrom competes with Rhaney for the job.

-

Trade:

Janoris Jenkins and a 2017 first to the Baltimore Ravens for the number six overall pick (2016).

(Crazy? Sure. But this is an insane mock, and the Ravens might want to compete instead of go young.)

Tre Mason to the Dallas Cowboys for a 2016 third.

(Dallas needs a running back pretty badly. Why not Mason?)

-

Draft:

1st round - Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis.

Comparison - Ben Roethlisberger.

1st round (Ravens) - Jalen Ramsey, FS, Florida State.

Comparison - Charles Woodson.

2nd round - Josh Doctson, WR, TCU.

Comparison - Jordan Matthews/DeVante Parker.

2nd round (Eagles) - Shilique Calhoun, DE, Michigan State.

Comparison - Jason Pierre-Paul.

3rd round - Scooby Wright III, LB, Arizona

Comparison - Luke Kuechly/Chris Borland.

3rd round (Cowboys) - De'Runnya Wilson, WR, Mississippi State.

Comparison - Kelvin Benjamin.

4th round - Kenyan Drake, RB, Alabama.

Comparison - T.J. Yeldon with Tre Mason's acceleration.

6th round - Brad Craddock, K, Maryland.

Comparison - Matt Prater.

-

Roster Breakdown:

QB - Paxton Lynch.
RB - Todd Gurley.
FB - Cory Harkey.
WR - Josh Doctson.
WR - Tavon Austin.
TE - Coby Fleener.
TE - Lance Kendricks.
LT - Cordy Glenn.
LG - Greg Robinson.
C - Demetrius Rhaney.
RG - Jamon Brown.
RT - Rob Havenstein.
RE - Shilique Calhoun.
DT - Aaron Donald.
DT - Michael Brockers.
RE - Robert Quinn.
OLB - Mark Barron.
MLB - Alec Ogletree.
OLB - Scooby Wright.
CB - Trumaine Johnson.
CB - E.J. Gaines.
FS - Jalen Ramsey.
SS - T.J. McDonald.
K - Brad Craddock.
P - Johnny Hekker.
LS - Jake McQuaide.

Backups:

QB - Sean Mannion.
RB - Benny Cunningham, Jonathan Williams, Malcolm Brown.
WR - De'Runnya Wilson, Bradley Marquez, Isiah Ferguson.
OL - Andrew Donnal, Cody Wichmann, Isaiah Battle, Garrett Reynolds, Tony Bergstrom.
DL - William Hayes, Eugene Sims, Matt Longacre, Ethan Westbrooks, Louis Trinca-Pasat.
LB - Daren Bates, Bryce Hager.
DB - Lamarcus Joyner, Marcus Roberson, Cody Davis, Maurice Alexander, Christian Bryant.
+3 (likely UDFAs).

Thoughts are more than welcome.

FRO

Legend
Not sure why the Ravens would trade for Jenkins when they could just draft a younger, cheaper DB.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I don't get all these mocks suggesting Scooby Wright will be available in the 3'rd round. I don't see a back-up vet QB behind the two kids. I don't necessarily see a quality rotational DT replacing Fairley. Big, big gamble at WR with the two rookies replacing the vet starters. If Gurley goes down, no Mason. Don't see much of a Center upgrade. After all this, we lose our 2017 first round pick. If the Rams were a player away from the SuperBowl, or even a strong consistent play-off competitor, maybe then give up a future # 1, but we're not ready imo.
Cordy Glenn would make for an excellent free agent get.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I don't think we need to draft a RB. I'm comfortable with our RB depth chart being

1. Gurley
  2. Bam Bam
  3. Malcolm Brown
  4. Chase Reynolds
Edit: Some people may have reservations of not having a change of pace back, but remember we have Tavon that can serve as a change of pace.

Stel

Starter
Dream land for Lynch lasting to #6.

Still early in the evaluation process and you're probably right, but I didn't expect Leonard Williams to last to #6 last year, but he did. People tend to overdraft QBs, though.

RobertWinn

UDFA
Name
David
Dotson and Wright will not be there, and the Ravens wouldn't do that at all.

We also won't pick that high, and we don't have enough cap to re-sign all those guys plus Glenn and Fleener either.

A pipe dream.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
hmmmmm.....

too much to digest....in one sitting....interesting take....
At least you got us a QB....

No to Glenn...just no...trade JJ....and a 1st...I'd play Ramsey at cb.....Don't think Barron can play OLB a whole season....In fact, I think the run defense is weaker NOW without 3 LB's playing in our base 4-3. Like those wrs....can we still keep Quick too? Please? I like Ogletree at MLB....think he should have played there this year...Matter of fact, lets keep Ayers....Esp. for our nickle. He's becoming a stud in coverage. I'm not putting Rhaney near the starting lineup unless he shows something in these next few games....

Great thoughts here mento....I like wild ideas....Lets us know we have a lot of players....These next 5 games will tell us alot about who really wants to be here....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
$11 million a year to Cordy Glenn? No thank you.

I also think you're taking a pretty huge risk by letting Laurinaitis go. What happens if Scooby Wright gets drafted before our pick in the 3rd?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
$11 million a year to Cordy Glenn? No thank you.

I also think you're taking a pretty huge risk by letting Laurinaitis go. What happens if Scooby Wright gets drafted before our pick in the 3rd?

Eleven million should be the going price for a young starting left tackle who is durable and talented like Glenn is. If it isn't, then I would appreciate learning what is.

If Scooby isn't there (and I don't see why he wouldn't be in the very early part of the third round), then Reeves-Maybin (Tennessee) and Matekevich (Temple) are also options.

Not sure why the Ravens would trade for Jenkins when they could just draft a younger, cheaper DB.

My thought is that they're an older team, a team that's built to win now. They could draft a younger DB, but in the second round. If not the Ravens, the Lions would be a trade partner. Either way, I feel like a kid named Ramsey should be in horns.

I don't get all these mocks suggesting Scooby Wright will be available in the 3'rd round. I don't see a back-up vet QB behind the two kids. I don't necessarily see a quality rotational DT replacing Fairley. Big, big gamble at WR with the two rookies replacing the vet starters. If Gurley goes down, no Mason. Don't see much of a Center upgrade. After all this, we lose our 2017 first round pick. If the Rams were a player away from the SuperBowl, or even a strong consistent play-off competitor, maybe then give up a future # 1, but we're not ready imo.
Cordy Glenn would make for an excellent free agent get.

Wright could very well be available because of his size and injuries. Second round talent, but physical limitations will not appeal to scouts. Backup veteran could be gotten in free agency on the cheap. Rotational DTs are Westbrooks and Trinca-Pasat. If Gurley goes down, Drake and Cunningham help pick up the slack and you use more receiving formations. Rookies might or might not light the world on fire at receiver, but they're better than the options we have now. And yes, I feel that we're a franchise quarterback and good receivers away from being a playoff contender.

Dream land for Lynch lasting to #6.

Lynch has more of a chance to last to #4 (which is where I'm projecting us picking) than Goff, in my opinion. Goff is the more polished quarterback. Goff is better, and after the Packers game, I think Cleveland would gladly take a chance on another Cal quarterback.

hmmmmm.....

too much to digest....in one sitting....interesting take....
At least you got us a QB....

No to Glenn...just no...trade JJ....and a 1st...I'd play Ramsey at cb.....Don't think Barron can play OLB a whole season....In fact, I think the run defense is weaker NOW without 3 LB's playing in our base 4-3. Like those wrs....can we still keep Quick too? Please? I like Ogletree at MLB....think he should have played there this year...Matter of fact, lets keep Ayers....Esp. for our nickle. He's becoming a stud in coverage. I'm not putting Rhaney near the starting lineup unless he shows something in these next few games....

Great thoughts here mento....I like wild ideas....Lets us know we have a lot of players....These next 5 games will tell us alot about who really wants to be here....

Hmm...any reason you don't want Glenn? Ramsey at free safety, like Jrry said in an earlier mock of mine, impacts the field more. Barron can bulk up about five more pounds. I don't see why he can't play linebacker when Thomas Davis could. Ayers is a necessary cut for all of the players we sign. Don't see a reason to keep Quick when Wilson does everything he does, except better. I trust Rhaney at center more than Barnes. Barnes still has no functional strength at all. At least Rhaney is athletic.

Dotson and Wright will not be there, and the Ravens wouldn't do that at all.

We also won't pick that high, and we don't have enough cap to re-sign all those guys plus Glenn and Fleener either.

A pipe dream.

Wright might not. Doctson will. He's been shut down with an injury this year, and he was a borderline first at best before that. We could definitely pick that high at 4-12 (I honestly don't see us winning another game this year.), and even if the Ravens don't, there's quite a few others that would go for a future first and a shutdown cornerback. Cap isn't really a problem with all of the players I've cut and let go.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some people may have reservations of not having a change of pace back, but remember we have Tavon that can serve as a change of pace.
Hey that Pead guy is a free agent!!

I keed, I keed....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Eleven million should be the going price for a young starting left tackle who is durable and talented like Glenn is. If it isn't, then I would appreciate learning what is.

The Bills fans I know all are saying that he's not been playing well this year and that he's a better fit at OG.