Memento's Dream Comes True When it Comes to Coaching Mock Offseason.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Okay, here's a mock offseason that's sure to be stunning. Ready? Here we go:

Cut:

Rodger Saffold
Tre Mason
Tim Barnes
Eugene Sims
Lance Kendricks

(Obvious cuts.)

Re-sign:

Trumaine Johnson (franchise tag)
Greg Zuerlein
Dominique Easley
Ethan Westbrooks

(Tru gets a frachise tag for reasons I'll explain later. Longacre and Trinca-Pasat don't fit, so they're released.)

Extension:

Alec Ogletree - five years.

Release:

Benny Cunningham
Kenny Britt
Brian Quick
T.J. McDonald
Case Keenum
Cam Thomas
Chase Reynolds

(I'd love to keep Cunningham, but he's talented enough to start for a couple teams. McDonald is replaced by Mo. Britt and Quick are let go to put in some new young blood in the wide receiver position. Keenum is replaced by Mannion. Chase Reynolds is pure special teams and easily replaceable, and Thomas is JAG.)

Convert:

Mark Barron (LB - S)

(Barron is going to move back to safety, while Alexander and Joyner remain at their spots.)

Free Agency:

Larry Warford, RG

Andrew Whitworth, LT

Jared Odrick, DE.

Demarcus Ware - OLB

Jonathan Joseph, CB

Pierre Garcon, WR

Markus Wheaton, WR

(I admit that a lot is taken from @jrry32 's mock, but if it works, it works. Warford is someone I wanted for a very long time. Whitworth take a short term deal while our left tackle of the future gets ready. Odrick earns a two year deal, Ware is there for a year, Joseph is for two years, Garcon for three years, Wheaton for two years.)

Trades:

Robert Quinn to the Detroit Lions for their 2017 first round pick.

(I know that it might seem unrealistic, but the Lions desperately need an impact player aside Ziggy Ansah. Quinn gives them that, while we get a first.)

Tavon Austin to the Buffalo Bills for their 2017 2nd and 4th round picks.

(I figure that this is going to be unpopular, but it makes sense. Watkins is injury-prone and immature, while Robert Woods is a free agent. We shed a contract and get picks, while the Bills gain a multi-faceted weapon.)

William Hayes, Greg Robinson, and comp 4th to the Cleveland Browns for their 2017 3rd round pick.

((Hayes doesn't fit in a 3-4, and probably needs to be replaced, while Greg Robinson would help Cleveland's porous line. Add in a mid-round pick, and Cleveland will give their third to us.)

Draft:

1st (Lions) - Ryan Ramczyk, LT, Wisconsin.

2nd - Raekwon McMillan, ILB, Ohio State.

2nd (Bills) - T.J. Watt, OLB, Wisconsin.

3rd (Browns) - Forrest Lamp, C, Western Kentucky.

3rd - Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado.

4th - Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova.

4th (Bills) - Amara Darboh, WR, Michigan.

5th - Akhello Witherspoon, CB, Colorado.

6th - Elijah McGuire, RB, UL Lafayette.

6th (Comp) - Josh Augusta, NT, Missouri.

7th - Psalm Wooching, OLB, Washington.

(Ramczyk falls to our first because of questions about his passion for the game. He's a stud left tackle. McMillan is a great compliment to Ogletree with his physicality. Watt starts at outside linebacker. Lamp starts at center for us. Kpassagnon will be a solid backup before taking over and becoming a star. Darboh starts immediately, and Awuzie and Witherspoon fight for a starting spot. They will both take over Tru's spot when he goes into free agency. McGuire takes Cunningham's place. Augusta fights for a backup nose tackle spot, and Wooching stars on special teams and might earn snaps later on.)

Thoughts, comments, and critiques are all welcome.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I don't see this as anywhere near affordable. Robinson, Hayes, Saffold, Austin and Quinn will carry about $25mil. in dead CAP. Whitworth will cost a fortune, Garcon & Warford will be expensive & we'll be hit with another huge franchise tax cost for Tru. Maybe you can breakdown these free agent salaries & dead money for me to better grasp the numbers.

Robert

Rookie
Honestly we might get a 2nd for Quinn and a 4th for austin I think your mock is a dream scenario not a realistic one

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Memento

As always, good job. You know my opinion on the trades (too slanted to our side). The rest looks great!

I don't see this as anywhere near affordable. Robinson, Hayes, Saffold, Austin and Quinn will carry about $25mil. in dead CAP. Whitworth will cost a fortune, Garcon & Warford will be expensive & we'll be hit with another huge franchise tax cost for Tru. Maybe you can breakdown these free agent salaries & dead money for me to better grasp the numbers.

It's doable. Trading Austin, Hayes, and Robinson saves us a lot of money in dead cap.