McShay Goes WR, QB, CB for the Rams In Two Round Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
McShay Goes WR, QB, CB for the Los Angeles Rams In Two Rounds
By Brandon Bate

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/3...y-los-angeles-rams-treadwell-hackenberg-burns

The Los Angeles Rams have three picks in the first two rounds of the 2016 NFL Draft, and are in a great position to address positions of need. Just how they’ll use those picks, at this point, is anyone’s guess.

The Rams, in the eyes of many, should be targeting a quarterback. They’ve also lost a few key starters from last year, and could be eyeing their replacements in late April.

Over at ESPN, NFL Draft expert Todd McShay released his two-round mock draft [In$ider] on Thursday morning. Here’s what he did for the Rams with three picks inside the Top 50:

15. Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss

Case Keenum is penciled in as the starting QB right now, so there's always a chance the Rams will try to trade up to grab one of the top-two passers. But with this being too early for Paxton Lynch and Los Angeles still needing a legit difference maker on the outside, Treadwell is the pick. He's the best pure WR in this class, showing outstanding hand-eye coordination and body control.

43. Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State

Hackenberg had his best season when playing under current Texans coach Bill O'Brien. He has ideal size, a big-league arm and adequate pocket mobility. But his decision-making must improve.

45. Artie Burns, CB, Miami (FL)

Burns' extremely long arms (33¼ inches) and ability to play press coverage give him a lot of upside as a cornerback. He had a career-high six interceptions in 2015 after having just one pick during his prior two seasons.

It should be noted, for those without In$ider, that the draft’s top QB’s Carson Wentz and Jared Goff were off the board at 2 [Browns] and 7 [49ers] respectively. The Rams did, however, pass on Paxton Lynch at 15 for the draft’s top wideout Laquon Treadwell.

Other notable names/potential fits left on the board after the Rams picked at 45: Jaylon Smith [LB, Notre Dame], Hunter Henry [TE, Arkansas], Michael Thomas [WR, Ohio State], Braxton Miller [WR, Ohio State]

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I might go on a journey of self development avoiding all media if this was our draft.

Ants

Starter
Yeah, Hackenburg in the 2nd round? I might have to join OldSchool on his journey if that happened.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I love Burns, and Treadwell helps us immediately, but the Rams taking Hackenberg will make my effin head explode.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I love Burns, and Treadwell helps us immediately, but the Rams taking Hackenberg will make my effin head explode.

Couldn't have said it any better, brother...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see how we can get either of those guys. We font have enough picks to trade up. But if Lynch is there at 15 no way they pass him up
We have the 1st this year...two 2nds...2017 and 2018 first rounders...I don't get what you mean?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm saying I wouldn't want to give up that much . especially both 2nds this year . just hope Lunch is there at 15
We wouldn't have to give up both 2nd's this year I don't think, as I was just disputing whether we had enough picks to make it happen (we do). The next question is whether Wentz is worth it, which is what I think. This guy is going to be a franchise QB in the top 10 in the NFL. I don't hate Lynch, but it seems to me he is a just a slightly more talented Sean Mannion that is a year behind in the Rams system compared to Mannion. Wentz could play this year and has played in a Pro style offense, not the spread.....Fish/Snead may want to make a splash this year with a new QB, which is the only reason I think they might do something like this.....It's time to get a premium QB, imo.